Test Cricket Draft 1970-2024

Remove this Banner Ad

• No more than 2 players for any given country
  • Debut AFTER 1970
  • Must select one player from each decade with at least 10 matches played (Exception if debut is in the 2020s)
  • Must pick a team to suit the ground
  • Players must not have played in the same team
  • Must choose at least one player from all of the following countries
    • Australia
    • New Zealand
    • England
    • Pakistan
    • India
    • Sri Lanka
    • West Indies
    • South Africa
    • Zimbabwe
    • Bangladesh
From 7 am to 11pm you have 8 hours to select a player. If you miss you can make up later.
If you know you're going to be busy please send a pick to someone who's behind you, or myself and I won't read it unless I have to.
If you do come online, please submit your pick before leaving so we can keep the game rolling.

Last edited:
Will update sheet tonight

Just realized it would have been better to have debut for decades but no issues. We will all have players from every decade in the end.

Im going to see if i can do it with debuts for my team

He's no chance of getting to me though haha. Would be #1 with a bullet if I had the pick
Comes down to the ground. If I was at an English ground my no 1 pick would be locked in from the start.

Shane Warne at the SCG would make more sense than the #1 swing bowler as first pick

Your #1 player wont be for ever

Comes down to the ground. If I was at an English ground my no 1 pick would be locked in from the start.

Shane Warne at the SCG would make more sense than the #1 swing bowler as first pick

Your #1 player wont be for ever
I deliberately chose a ground with few tests but has a good cricket wicket for that reason.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

These are the rules yeah?
Code:
[LIST]
[*]Choose a ground
[*]Choose a team name
[*]No more than 2 players for any given country
[*]Debut AFTER 1970
[*]Must select one player from each decade with at least 10 matches played (Exception if debut is in the 2020s)
[*]Must pick a team to suit the ground
[*]Players must not have played in the same team
[*]Must choose at least one player from all of the following countries
[LIST]
[*]Australia
[*]New Zealand
[*]England
[*]Pakistan
[*]India
[*]Sri Lanka
[*]West Indies
[*]South Africa
[*]Zimbabwe
[*]Bangladesh

Waqar Younis - 80s
whatwhatsaywhat

Order​
The Thousand Sunnies​
1​
2​
3​
4​
Jacques Kallis​
5​
6​
7​
8​
9​
10​
11​
12th man​
Kallis' record stacks up with literally everyone else of this era. Not only a brilliant bat in his own right, being third in all time test runs with over 13,000 runs at an average of 55.37 (second highest to achieve 10k runs), with 45 hundreds (second to Tendulkar), he also has nearly 300 test wickets at an average of 32. He's an unbelievable player and I'm gobsmacked he didn't go top 5, let alone lasting to me.

Order​
The Thousand Sunnies​
1​
2​
3​
4​
Jacques Kallis​
5​
6​
7​
8​
9​
10​
11​
12th man​
Kallis' record stacks up with literally everyone else of this era. Not only a brilliant bat in his own right, being third in all time test runs with over 13,000 runs at an average of 55.37 (second highest to achieve 10k runs), with 45 hundreds (second to Tendulkar), he also has nearly 300 test wickets at an average of 32. He's an unbelievable player and I'm gobsmacked he didn't go top 5, let alone lasting to me.

Was flipping a coin between him and Marshall.

In the end I thought my chances of a good niche South African pick was higher than the Windies.

Kinda regretting it though. Especially as I’m a believer in Kallis being the Test cricket GOAT.

Was flipping a coin between him and Marshall.

In the end I thought my chances of a good niche South African pick was higher than the Windies.

Kinda regretting it though. Especially as I’m a believer in Kallis being the Test cricket GOAT.
Sobers imo. Gun bat. Gun bowler at 3 disciplines.

Windies ridiculously lucky. Had Sobers from 1957-73. His replacement in the lineup was a debut for a Vivian Richards.

1957-1991 with Sobers and Richards in your top order.

Remove this Banner Ad

Test Cricket Draft 1970-2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back