Workshop Cricket Kit Designs/Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Cricket Kit Design/Discussion

A couple of shirts missing there - Australia's ODI shirt from the 1994 tour of South Africa, and the ODI shirt worn during the New Zealand centennial ODI series in 1995. The former of these was pretty woeful...

See, there's another layer here - shirts made for Australian series, and shirts for overseas series (include 1996 and 1999 World Cups in this). Then the apparel deals came in and ODI kits became a part of touring parties' luggage.

Heard news this morning that Sahara, Indian Cricket Team's long-term major sponsor, has pulled out all together from BCCI. They also had ownership in Pune Warriors, an IPL franchise.
Obviously the news came to soon for any changes to take place for today's opening ODI, but you would imagine India will be covering up the logos on their kit in the near future.
Another one of those synonymous sports sponsorships bites the dust.

Just on that Aussie uniform chronology, it is missing the home and away versions of 05/06 (IIRC):
svCRICKET_wideweb__470x299,0.jpg

and this, the second Adidas bottle green incarnation from 08/09 & 09/10:
callum-ferguson.jpg

Many of the dates from the past decade are also inaccurate.

Heard news this morning that Sahara, Indian Cricket Team's long-term major sponsor, has pulled out all together from BCCI...
Obviously the news came to soon for any changes to take place for today's opening ODI, but you would imagine India will be covering up the logos on their kit in the near future.

Sahara have stated they'll continue paying sponsorship for the next "two to three months" while BCCI find a new sponsor. They've taken the least-messy option. From an outside view, this whole thing smacks of Sahara portraying themselves as the good guys versus the BCCI the bad guys. But it does sound like they got screwed over a bit.

CA, just make a thread so everyone can see it :thumbsu: Write the details in the 1st Post, or the OP and yeah, people will design some :)

I would be inclined not to do that. I think we should try and keep it all in here and not create another thread that will clog up the First Page and take the spot of a Footy Jumpers Thread :thumbsu:

Would anyone be willing to make me a kit and logo of I have then details? :)

I've got some spare time tonight, I'll have a go if you like.

(Also - Whats with the new (newest) name change?)

Okay so I would like 3 kits, a logo and an emblem.

The 3 kits will be a test kit, one day kit and a t20 kit.

The team will be South Geelong Cricket Club. Their colours blue and yellow.

Can the logo just be something like S.G.C.C that will go on the shirts and the emblem/crest maybe look a something like this but a bit different:

400px-AIFF_crest.png

Any help greatly appreciated! Thanks! :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry for the wait The CatAttack, but I have completed my ideas:
Logo(s):
SouthGeelongCricketClublogos.png

I chose to make a monogram because I wanted to make it different to the logo you posted, and I thought it looked better. I recommend the logo on the right, but I made 2 options for your decision.
SouthGeelongCricketClubkits-1.png

Here's the kit ideas, fairly simple, and the T20 and the One Day guernseys can swap designs, but I'd rather the blue kit stays with the One Day top and the Yellow with the T20.

Thoughts mate?

You have to have Photoshop to get those templates firstly. And to use the templates.

And sorry TheCatAttack, I forgot again. Will definitely have a crack today :thumbsu: I promise!

Thanks, do you know which specific template it is and if so where I can get it having got photoshop?

Remove this Banner Ad

Workshop Cricket Kit Designs/Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back