Workshop Cricket Kit Designs/Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I mean is that it disgusts me that were wearing a colour that doesn't represent the country

Fair enough. I don't like it much really, but I think it's the sort of thing we've got to get used to with T20 cricket. But I sincerely hope we don't wear it in the T20 World Cup.

Re: Cricket Kit Design/Discussion

What was wrong with the Australian Gold uniforms in the first place? Adidas takes over the clothing contract and they decide to have a home uniform and a away uniform.

Why did we need it? Did we clash with another country?

We didn't while we wore the Gold uniforms. With the Green uniforms we clash with South Africa and Pakistan as both wear Dark Green and Gold.

Now Asics has the contract and they introduce black. At least the Green was the Green of the baggy green cap. What is black to Australia? The colour of our nearest neighbours New Zealand.

What happens when we have another company with the clothing contact? Will we be wearing blue and look like England?

Bring back the Gold uniforms, hopefully by 2015 so we are wearing Gold at the World Cup in our country.

Nothing to do with Adidas WW- Commonwealth Bank came on as our main ODI sponsor, an since their logo is yellow, it wouldn't show up on yellow shirts hence the move to green.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think colour clashes are a problem, they seem to get by pretty well in test cricket.

It would not be cool if Australia wore green all the time.

Bill Lawry is turning in his grave.
Sorry, I'm not very old so I wasn't around to see Australian gold ODI kits. I grew up watching the Aussies in green kits.
And I meant that during the 2015 World Cup we should wear green when it doesn't clash with other countries such as Pakistan and South Africa, because we are hosting it.

There are no clashes in cricket. Every test team wears white and have for over a hundred years.

There are two batsman who have bats and protective gear and spend their time on the pitch. The fielding team spend their time all around the oval and for the most part have very limited protective gear. Pretty easy to tell the difference between the two. Colour clashes don't exist.

It's disgusting that it's mostly black

Collingwood-1988.gif

Collingwood-2001.gif

Yeah mostly black is pretty bad.

Sorry, I'm not very old so I wasn't around to see Australian gold ODI kits. I grew up watching the Aussies in green kits.

If that's the case then you need your nappy changed - Australia have only been wearing green for 5 years or so.

What I meant is that I've only been watching Australian one day cricket while we have been wearing green. Just like Collingwood fans who never saw them play in white on black, it's just what I'm used to.
Let's say we keep wearing black for T20s, young people in 5-10 years people will be saying that they love the black because they are used to it.

~!

Thats awesome :thumbsu:

Best ones -

1989 - 1992

632394c7-a7ba-47bb-9aba-cec3378c0163.jpg

1996 World Cup
735cdbb1-2a79-4ab1-9a0f-4ac375b25ad7.jpg

1999 World Cup
742b9ee7-77b4-450b-a39b-389a5c0d28c2.jpg

2003 World Cup
620f2f89-29c2-4420-b6ac-ddbca1f26354.jpg

2006/07 Away Kit
20fae1a4-a0b6-4cac-9755-9c5f9fc255f9.jpg

2011 Away Kit
8621e79d-0d2e-4f71-aeee-e48dd12deb1c.jpg

BRING BACK THE UNIVERSAL TEMPLATE!!

There are no clashes in cricket. Every test team wears white and have for over a hundred years.

There are two batsman who have bats and protective gear and spend their time on the pitch. The fielding team spend their time all around the oval and for the most part have very limited protective gear. Pretty easy to tell the difference between the two. Colour clashes don't exist.

Yes but if they're going to wear colours I think it makes sense for the two teams to wear different colours. Part of the coloured uniforms was to brighten things up, remove the "white team vs white team" thing from Tests...so if both teams are green it's the same deal just with green. I think the green kits look good, but do miss the gold ones...props for not just putting a white box around the Commonwealth Bank logo on the yellow shirts to make it show up though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Workshop Cricket Kit Designs/Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back