Workshop Cricket Kit Designs/Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

SA Redback wore a white top with black pants in one of the original Big Bash

CAMR1316_1003_1
Looks better than
Asicst20.jpg

They should just have one green and the other gold, no matter which was which, and keep everyone happy.

Considering how well the Socceroos' 'obsidian blue' clash kit works, it's a bit surprising they don't try that instead of black. All the darkness, more of the familiarity.

They should just have one green and the other gold, no matter which was which, and keep everyone happy.

Considering how well the Socceroos' 'obsidian blue' clash kit works, it's a bit surprising they don't try that instead of black. All the darkness, more of the familiarity.

The T20 kit is not black it is dark green

so the new T20 is black?

i know 2012-13 was dark green

Dude, I'm not even joking, you may need to get your eyes checked

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I read somewhere on here that they are dark green and kept seing like that

Watching the recent One Day matches I sometimes think that I am not watching Australia vs England. At the coin toss seeing Michael Clark in mostly green and Alastair Cooke in red it could be South Africa vs Zimbabwe.

Green has never worked for me as the colour of the Australian One Day shirt. It doesn't match the Australian attitude, being the rebel against the Old English. Gold is in your face and explosive while the Green that we use is more traditional and looks more English style.

The green is suppose to be our home colour and Gold for away, but who do we clash with? Wearing Green we clash with South Africa, Pakistan and Banglesdesh. Wearing Gold the only time we clashed with the other teams uniform was in the early 1980's against Sri Lanka when they wore Gold and Navy. I think it only happened once, and they were wearing uniforms supplied by Cricket Australia.

If it is a money making idea, why don't we have an all Gold One Day uniform and a Green shirt with Gold pants for T20 matches. Then if the unlikely event occurs that we do clash with another country all we have to do is wear the other colour.

This needs to be sorted out before next year's World Cup in Australia and New Zealand. Do we want our Australians wearing Green during the World Cup?

This needs to be sorted out before next year's World Cup in Australia and New Zealand. Do we want our Australians wearing Green during the World Cup?
I doubt we will be as the World Cup matches aren't home matches. They're neutral matches, played in "ICC-Land" really, and one of Australia's games is even being played in New Zealand.

Watching the recent One Day matches I sometimes think that I am not watching Australia vs England. At the coin toss seeing Michael Clark in mostly green and Alastair Cooke in red it could be South Africa vs Zimbabwe.
Also, just as a thought.
I know the England Test cap and their helmets are navy blue, and they've worn navy kits in limited-overs matches for ages up until recently.
But, given they are England & Wales, not Great Britain, and they play under
the
250px-Flag_of_England.svg.png
St George's Cross not the
300px-Flag_of_the_United_Kingdom.svg.png
Union Flag...

Isn't red and white a more fitting colour for England to wear?

Comparisons against Zimbabwe are true though, and also the fact that Australia's flag is navy, red, and white, and our players wear green and gold.

Then why don't Australia wear blue, red, and white.
I did mention that at the end...

Also, as Scotland are becoming independent from the UK, the Union Flag woould be more appropriate.
How so? Scotland are separate from England in cricket, hence the Union Flag isn't used for cricket.
Currently Scotland is preparing for a referendum on the issue in September this year. So they may become independent.
The Union Flag also covers Northern Ireland. The St George's Cross, although technically an unofficial flag, is the segment of the Union Flag that represents England and Wales.

I did mention that at the end...

How so? Scotland are separate from England in cricket, hence the Union Flag isn't used for cricket.
Currently Scotland is preparing for a referendum on the issue in September this year. So they may become independent.
The Union Flag also covers Northern Ireland. The St George's Cross, although technically an unofficial flag, is the segment of the Union Flag that represents England and Wales.

I don't think the English team play cricket in Northern Ireland. All they'd need to do is wear green I'm games played in Wales, and it's sorted.

England's red kits are nice.

The green and gold ODI kits stopped working for me since 2011 when they changed to green and yellow.

Remove this Banner Ad

Workshop Cricket Kit Designs/Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back