Workshop Cricket Kit Designs/Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think the English team play cricket in Northern Ireland. All they'd need to do is wear green I'm games played in Wales, and it's sorted.
Exactly why the Union Flag isn't appropriate for the England & Wales Cricket Team when there's a flag that has the cross representing England and Wales (red cross, white background) from the Union Flag.

St George's Cross/Flag = symbol/flag of England and Wales
Union Flag = flag of United Kingdom, which includes Scotland and Northern Ireland
England Cricket Team = team representing England and Wales. Does not include Scotland and Northern Ireland.

I don't think the English team play cricket in Northern Ireland. All they'd need to do is wear green I'm games played in Wales, and it's sorted.

Northern Ireland do not get included in the English team when it comes to cricket. The English cricket team is governed by the England and Wales Cricket Board.

Northern Ireland actually join with the Republic of Ireland to play as a combined team in Cricket, which is why they use a blue flag with green shamrock as the representation of the team rather than either Irish flag.

The St George's Cross represented England in the Union Flag, Wales currently has no representation and hence there are calls to put the dragon or other Welsh symbol on the flag. England's sporting colours have traditionally been white or red (their World Cup in 1966) and Wales wear red in most sports as well. For mine, red looks better on England and they stand out from other teams like Sri Lanka and India in top competition now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hitthepost , the St George's Flag is the current English flag, Wales has a different flag.
Yes. But I said
there's a flag that has the cross representing England and Wales (red cross, white background) from the Union Flag.
The St George's Cross on the Union Flag represents both England and Wales.

Very much like the green one :)
Reminds me slightly of this shirt from South Africa:
australia_gallery__529x400.jpg

Very much like the green one :)
Reminds me slightly of this shirt from South Africa:
australia_gallery__529x400.jpg
Thats funny because that design was my least favourite out of the four. Ahh well each to their own.

BTW I forgot to mention the shirts would be worn with matching pants and caps/helmets eg yellow pants, caps, helmets and gear with the two ODI shirts, green gear with the first T20 shirt and blue gear with the second T20 shirt.

India have finally changed shirt sponsors, from Sahara to Star.
Sahara told them, oh, be almost 2 years ago or something, they didn't want to continue but would stay until BCCI got a new sponsor.

India have finally changed shirt sponsors, from Sahara to Star.
Sahara told them, oh, be almost 2 years ago or something, they didn't want to continue but would stay until BCCI got a new sponsor.
****. I just bought a jersey with SAHARA as the sponsor.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good thing that you (I assume) bought it coz you support India, not Sahara :p
I bought last seasons jersey because I hate Nike's Dri-Fit material. It clings to the body too much.

I support Australia. Though, the rest of my family and most of my friends supports India.

Probably the best ODI kit we've had in years, shame we don't wear prominently yellow at home even though Comm bank doesn't sponsor the ODI series no more.
I don't think CommBank being the sponsor was the sole reason for creating a green home ODI kit.
It's a bit like AFL teams having two or three kits - more to sell, more for people to buy.

Australia-celebrates-ODI-series-win-against-England-Natwest-ODI-Series-2013.jpg

Probably the best ODI kit we've had in years, shame we don't wear prominently yellow at home even though Comm bank doesn't sponsor the ODI series no more.

That and the green are the best kits IMO.

Australia-celebrates-ODI-series-win-against-England-Natwest-ODI-Series-2013.jpg

I think this was the best we have had in quite a while

72171.jpg

Worst Australian kit of the lot. It didn't help that it had nicknames on the back instead of surnames:
t20_team_shot.jpg

That was my favorite T20 kit :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Workshop Cricket Kit Designs/Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back