Workshop Cricket Kit Designs/Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Cricket Kit Design/Discussion

Can you get it on Android? Getting a new smartphone before Christmas and certainly won't be able to afford an iPhone. Brother got a Samsung Nexus which is pretty good so I imagine I'll be getting something similar. So you get to watch the whole game, yeah? I'll just use wifi if that's the case :)

I'm actually considering the Hurricanes if the Strikers are woeful. Really like their kits and image. Plus was a huge fan of Ponting before he got shit. Likewise, would've preferred the old system though. Had to change the one thing we were good at :thumbsdown::eek:
Ponting is far from shit mate. Still a class above most batsmen in the country.

Are you going to the test Willo?

I've always loved bellerive. It's not a world class stadium but the setting is fantastic :thumbsu:

Yeah, I'm going on Saturday. May go on Sunday too.

Completely agree, may not be one of the best stadiums in the world, but certainly one of the most beautiful. One side is literally 50 metres from the beach, the other has the picturesque view of Mt. Wellington. Perfect.

Would love to see Ricky hit a century.

Ponting to make a ton on his home turf and then bow out gracefully at the end of the Test match. Ideally.
Personally, I want to see him play on. I think he's still got a bit to offer. Hope he plays as long as possible if his form warrants it. But above all I want him to go out on his own terms. He deserves it. Would hate to see him be sacked.

I'd like to know who you guys are going for (mostly those in Victoria and NSW).

Renegades for me. Although initially I was going to casually follow both teams, but now... that's changed.

The Stars aren't interesting, to be honest I could care less that Warne's playing... and with Eddie jumping on as president, FORGET IT!

My brother bought a Renegades membership, got himself a t-shirt made up too. I'm not at that level of commitment but I'm still throwing my support there. Seeing Etihad's ends relabelled the Hughes and Jones Ends sweetens the deal, even more that they were labelled as such while David Beckham and the LA Galaxy played there this week.
Oh and Sir Viv Richards is now a supporter of the Renegades too. One of the finest players I ever saw on TV when I was a kid.

So really, I've been finding excuses not to like the Stars :)

Saw the stars kit on the news. The placement of the sponsors on the back is the same as the Strikers but it didn't have the numbers.

The bright yellow doesn't go well with that kit. There's another excuse Omega.

Ponting is far from shit mate. Still a class above most batsmen in the country.

Haha yeah, I was only joking. Really seems to be getting back into form (hopefully) at the moment which is promising. Although his form over the last year or so hasn't been anything to get excited about he still has plenty of talent

Ponting to make a ton on his home turf and then bow out gracefully at the end of the Test match. Ideally.

Like Willo I don't want him to retire. Hope the ton bit is right but I also think he has plenty to offer, leadership and form-wise. As I said he appears to be getting right back into form so I reckon it would be silly for him to leave right now. Has to at least last the summer out imo and if he does return to form keep on playing as long as he wants to

Anyone else participating in the fantasy competition for the bbl? Also, according to the website the Brisbane Heat seem quite popular.

No, not yet. Might suss it out though :)

Saw the stars kit on the news. The placement of the sponsors on the back is the same as the Strikers but it didn't have the numbers.

The bright yellow doesn't go well with that kit. There's another excuse Omega.

Went on the Stars' FB page unsuccessfully looking for a pic but saw that someone asked whether there would be numbers and names or not. The Stars' account replied that there would still be both so I imagine the sponsors to be moved for actual gameplay :)

Club 23 is a sponsor. Surprise, sunrise.

Does anyone know if they'll be wearing "spinners" underwear :p

I'd like to know who you guys are going for (mostly those in Victoria and NSW). Going for the Renegades because of Hodge and the opening bowling pair of Nannes and Tait :)

renegades, purely because the stars signed chris simpson. how pathetic is that. worst captain in 1st class history.

hate him almost as much as i hate that cheat stuart law

yeah i know i have a LONG memory

Maxy, just made a fantasy team then. Not sure how into it I'll get though, save that for Supercoach ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

looking good- I'dprefer the parting to be straight though, , looks good with the england and kiwi though.

Virenda Sehwag just brought up his 200 in the 4th ODI vs West Indies, its only the 45 over!:eek:

renegades, purely because the stars signed chris simpson. how pathetic is that. worst captain in 1st class history.

hate him almost as much as i hate that cheat stuart law

yeah i know i have a LONG memory

This is also the reason i decided on the Renegades. I cannot stand Chris Simpson!

Oh and also Eddie

Is it just me or does the Aussie test kit look like the players are wearing a sports bra when you look at the back of them?

Thats excatly the same thing as what i said a few pages back haha ;)

Got an email from CA yesterday flogging their new range of merch.

I go to the supporter wear page and this is what I see....

http://shop.cricket.com.au/supporter-wear/mens.html

Why is it whenever they do repos down here, they never EVER do Sri Lanka?

What shits me even more is that they have done a New Zealand shirt in THE WRONG COLORS, and who aren't even playing in the ****ing one day series :mad:

Still pretty good. Sehwag now has the highest ODI score of all time, 219 (149).

Not true - he is 10 short of Belinda Clark's record of 229no. Damn good effort by Sehwag though... not as contrived as Tendulkar's was (he limped to 200 in the last over).

http://shop.cricket.com.au/supporter-wear/mens.html

Why is it whenever they do repos down here, they never EVER do Sri Lanka?

What shits me even more is that they have done a New Zealand shirt in THE WRONG COLORS, and who aren't even playing in the ****ing one day series :mad:

Yeah, New Zealand's shirt in those colours was always GREY not beige! Looking at the lighting on the India shirt, I think it could be making the NZ shirt look wrong - don't quote me on that though. The India shirt is not bad actually. Oh dear, only goes up to XXL. No India shirt for my collection then.

Sri Lanka would be very popular, heaps of them living around Melbourne town, they'd definitely buy it. I did get a blue and green Sri Lanka shirt from 1995-96 off eBay a couple of years back, they've definitely had a few variations over the years.

What's up with all these shirts being ugly polyester these days? It's as bad as nylon, it makes you sweat more and stink more.

Cricket Brand Design

Now that it is cricket season i thought it would be a good idea to have a thread which people could post thier designs for a cricket brand which included Bat, Pad and Glove designs. I have already made one up which I designed as part of my Design Graphics course at school which I named Strike Cricket here it is

strikecricketrange.png

I will post the templates as soon as I find them but I would love to see what designs other people can come up with

Remove this Banner Ad

Workshop Cricket Kit Designs/Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back