Workshop Cricket Kit Designs/Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Cricket Kit Design/Discussion

A couple of interesting versions of the [strike]canary yellow[/strike] aussie gold I came across in an intense... erm, YouTubeCricket sesh:
[YOUTUBE]jsFxFv0qnIo[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]RTwQwuJ8IBM[/YOUTUBE]

Still, nothing beats the ISC 96-99 shirts - would kill for a state or Protea/Kiwi one, must be rare as (insert eBay Thread mannerism here)
[YOUTUBE]TwPKIPGHVFc[/YOUTUBE]
Dem sleeves.

Might try and do some updated state/national shirts based on these... this season has been the most drab lineup for years.

You know what, I had one of those Warriors shirts. So too did I have a 2000 or 2001 Warriors one-day shirt. A cap as well.

In 2001, the Warriors played a one-dayer against a Country XI. My cap is still signed by the entire team. I went up to the inflated marquee. Me and a dozen other kids stood behind a steel fence, yelling "[name here], sign our bat!". I was seven at the time, so seeing them come down was a huge thrill.

My dad had told me that Mike Hussey would end up playing for Australia one day. So I made it my mission for him to sign my cap. At about 4pm, I finally thought "this is going nowhere, I'll just go up the walkway" and so I did. He signed my cap. But the most memorable thing was that he said something to me as I walked off. I would've looked fully franchise in sickly yellow, black, and red. "I like your shirt as well, you're pretty cool". I only remember him saying those words, the walk up there, and looking down at the ground as he signed my hat.

Still a pretty cool day, in retrospect.

I'm pretty sure I don't have those shirts anymore, either. My grandparents also bought me the old 1999/2000 (?) Australia shirt. It was green with blue accents and yellow stripes, and the southern cross was somewhere on it. I should've kept them all.

A couple of interesting versions of the [strike]canary yellow[/strike] aussie gold I came across in an intense... erm, YouTubeCricket sesh:

First vid: I remember that series from early 1995, played in NZ as part of their cricket association's centenary. NZ, Aus, India and South Africa played in that ODI series.

Here's a link: http://static.espncricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/1994-95/OD_TOURNEYS/NZCT/

West Indies toured NZ the following month so there were 5 teams with those style shirts. WI wore maroon shirts with white shoulders.

If you get a chance, try and look up images/vids from 1992-93, NZ had an interesting grey uniform with black over one shoulder.

Still, nothing beats the ISC 96-99 shirts - would kill for a state or Protea/Kiwi one, must be rare as (insert eBay Thread mannerism here)

Dem sleeves.

Might try and do some updated state/national shirts based on these... this season has been the most drab lineup for years.

I have the South Africa shirt from 1997-98. It is one of my favourites because it was made of all cotton and always feels comfortable.

Brisbane Heat's kit actually looks pretty good. The sponsors aren't too intrusive and the colours work well together. And the Sixers colours I like but the starry design they've got going doesn't seem too sporting... But it fits the T20 image quite well.

Sponsor ruins the sixers kit a little. Like the Heat kit though.

Was looking at the new Australian One Day shirt (home version) and saw that it had black on it. It is under the underarms. Are Cricket Australia trying to make black a national colour? Black is the colour of the T20 International Shirts and it is on the one day shirts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Workshop Cricket Kit Designs/Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back