Cricket Thread: There's no cricket on for months

Remove this Banner Ad

Last season we failed by not rotating our quicks... but we are finding new ways to enforce it this year.

Nesser should like the pink ball at night... but it ie a big loss when Hazelwood is out too.
I would have preferred it to be Starc, don't get me wrong.

But agree

When did that change ??

My wife and I both had to do it this week.
Apparently it's not required for interstate arrivals, who have already tested negative within 72 hours of travel to SA. These travellers are required to have a test on arrival in SA, but aren't required to isolate until the test results are received.

Apparently it's not required for interstate arrivals, who have already tested negative within 72 hours of travel to SA. These travellers are required to have a test on arrival in SA, but aren't required to isolate until the test results are received.
So I must have missed the bit where he was from interstate.

That is very very odd.

So I must have missed the bit where he was from interstate.

That is very very odd.
Yeah... it's odd. I made no comment on the rightness or wrongess of the policy - just repeating what I read earlier in articles reporting the Cummins situation.

that's bloody stupid. what's the point of even doing the test if you can go about your day before being given the all clear. Like pulling up pissed to a booze bus, blowing in the bag and then driving home and trying to read your results with blurry eyes when they're text through the next morning.

Wonder if the betting agencies have seen some late money come in for England with the news, two best bowlers out and an injured top order batsman.
Without even looking at the odds, you can take this to the bank that the odds would have come in once Cummins was out or rumoured. May have even suspended the betting.

May have got spooked that other Australians may miss as well too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

that's bloody stupid. what's the point of even doing the test if you can go about your day before being given the all clear. Like pulling up pissed to a booze bus, blowing in the bag and then driving home and trying to read your results with blurry eyes when they're text through the next morning.
It's no different to COVID testing policies for international travel for many countries. You can't get on an international flight without having had a test within 72 hours of departure.

I can understand the 72 hours pre-travel rule, and also the need for testing upon arrival. What I don't understand is why people are allowed to roam freely while waiting for post-arrival test results.

So... will Warner still be Broad's Bunny? Or, will things be completely different under Australian batting conditions?

Note that Warner averages 63.63 in Australia, but only 33.17 away. He's the definition of a flat track bully, so an improved performance at home would not overly surprise. That said, I hope Broad gets him for a King Pair.

I hope the Village Green treats you well seems like a perfect day for it.
Beautiful cooling breeze in the stands to watch day 1.

Harris fails yet again. Surely the selectors know by now he is not test standard.

What's the longest time taken for Warner to get off the mark?

Beautiful cooling breeze in the stands to watch day 1.

Harris fails yet again. Surely the selectors know by now he is not test standard.

What's the longest time taken for Warner to get off the mark?
Henry Hunt come on down

Surely there's another option than Harris?

29yo, not exactly young, even by cricket standards. Go back to shield cricket, make some runs and force your way back in.

He's averaging 12 in his last 12 innings, and that was boosted by 9* last week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Cricket Thread: There's no cricket on for months

Remove this Banner Ad

Back