Cricket Thread: There's no cricket on for months

Remove this Banner Ad

I have little faith for Langer to do the right thing and drop a player with 14 tests and an average of 25.

On the positive, we will have a new coach soon
Does seem to be the way it's heading. A T20 win followed by an Ashes triumph not enough to extend him.

He seems to have mellowed a fraction lately and apparently more willing to utilise support staff, delegate responsibility and allow sessions to be more player-led. He's been forced in that direction due to previous issues

His mates in the media are certainly pushing that line and I'll admit, winning the T20 for the first time and then one of the more dominant Ashes wins (against a very poor side) would normally give you a new deal.

But all those murmurs still haven't gone away.

Both sides have the same coaches for all formats.

TBH the idea of split coaches has always been a bit weird to me, though I understand all formats require a different set of things and huge amounts of time.

I don't think this is about Langer's ability, it's more his intensity ala PW. Sounds like he's changing but the players seem impatient.

Just switched it on - has Carey already dropped another one?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carey doesn't seem as comfortable going to his right. Is he left handed? His errors have all been similar - low edges towards 1st slip

The difficult stuff - up to the spinners, taking things wide down leg - he's been all over.

Can't be dropping those

Carey doesn't seem as comfortable going to his right. Is he left handed? His errors have all been similar - low edges towards 1st slip

The difficult stuff - up to the spinners, taking things wide down leg - he's been all over.

Can't be dropping those
Could he be too conscious of the slips? Does Warner need to stand wider and say to Carey all yours

Could he be too conscious of the slips? Does Warner need to stand wider and say to Carey all yours

He maybe just needs better technique.

Isn't that four missed chances in the last couple of tests?

The luckiest a Will Young has been since Matty Lloyd gave away a TV for two touches!

Last edited:
I want to know why Bairstow was allowed to bat at #6, given that he was off the field for the entire Australian 2nd innings?

My understanding was that players weren't allowed to bat until the same time had expired that they spent off the field, or at #7 - whichever happens first. The Australian innings lasted ~5 hours, and there's no way that much time had passed before the 4th wicket fell.

** There's no issue with Buttler (who was also off the field for the entire innings), who came in at #7.

I want to know why Bairstow was allowed to bat at #6, given that he was off the field for the entire Australian 2nd innings?

My understanding was that players weren't allowed to bat until the same time had expired that they spent off the field, or at #7 - whichever happens first. The Australian innings lasted ~5 hours, and there's no way that much time had passed before the 4th wicket fell.

** There's no issue with Buttler (who was also off the field for the entire innings), who came in at #7.
Forfeit?
Wonder what the fine is and who is responsible for checking and enforcing it?

Rule must have changed because I thought that was the case still.

Remove this Banner Ad

Cricket Thread: There's no cricket on for months

Remove this Banner Ad

Back