Cricket Thread: There's no cricket on for months

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't believe there is nobody talking about this Australia vs England blockbuster on right now! Sidds is back in the green and gold, Coulter-Nile has made it back to the Aussie setup... even Finchy has come out of retirement!
Probably because it isn't covered on Cricinfo.

In other news, good to see Zimbabwe knock off India in their T20I.

Major League Cricket started yesterday. I watched some with my left over prime subscription, and I'm even more convinced they should have let these guys run the USA half of the world cup. USA players who played in the world cup are a lot more prominent now too.

There's also a lot of Australians playing over there, 14 by my count (plus a 3 or 4 eligible as USA 'locals') and ~1/3 of the first choice Strikers team. It'd be fantastic if this ends up becoming more important than the assorted English short-form competitions.

Though Cricinfo's automated partnership record notifications are producing some interesting stats...

1720315842419.png

For those interested Fox are playing the World Championship of Legends tournament.

All team have a smattering of legends interspersed with say a Callum Feguson but yeah some champs now in their late 30s onwards.

Here is a link with the squads, the Saffers trying hard to win a comp...

Dan Christian with a half century off of just 14 balls.

Dan Christian with a half century off of just 14 balls.
Didn't know about this series.

Topping the table with some solid wins.. just a loss to Pakistan.

Have the 2 highest striking batsmen helps - Christian & Dunk both going around 220, averaging over 40.

Also have 2 leading wicket takers with Lee & NCN.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back