Cricket Thread: Twenty20 World Cup

Remove this Banner Ad

They had an opportunity to boost their run rate in their wins so not like it was unfair .
They won a full 20 over match in 3 overs .
They deserved to qualify in the end.

I just find the discussion of the Scotland vs England washout that assumed a lost English victory to be particularly noxious given how well Scotland were batting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They deserved to qualify in the end.

I just find the discussion of the Scotland vs England washout that assumed a lost English victory to be particularly noxious given how well Scotland were batting.
I haven't heard any assumption England would have won that match not to say some optimistic individuals may have . This game vs Australia they applied the pressure to win barring their last 3 overs of batting when 195 / 200 runs looked the target . So in hindsight the England v Scotland washout disfavoured Scotland who are in really good form . Hopefully they continue to grow like Afghanistan and Bangladesh have done recently

USA (kind of) took it to the last over vs South Africa. They don't really seem to be able to cope with sustained high-class bowling, but their ability to punish trash deliveries is well above what you normally see from associates.

They probably could have shaved an entire week off the length of this tournament if they didn't have a four hour gap between the early and late game. Without having to have less games if they put an extra game or two each day in that time.

It drags a bit much for something that happens every two years.

The list of bowlers with T20I WC hat tricks makes for interesting reading. Cummins, Lee, and Rabada are all well known and top quality bowlers. But who TF are Curtis Campher, Wanindu Hasaranga, Karthik Meiyappan and Josh Little?
Harasanga is well known from Sri Lanka... but not sure of the others.

Any ways, Australia keep pocketing the wins.

Would be funny if we met the Poms in the final, given our last group stage game...

The list of bowlers with T20I WC hat tricks makes for interesting reading. Cummins, Lee, and Rabada are all well known and top quality bowlers. But who TF are Curtis Campher, Wanindu Hasaranga, Karthik Meiyappan and Josh Little?
Hasaranga is a top-tier leg spinner. Not quite at Rashid Khan/Zampa level, but just below. You may remember him from the last T20 world cup. He typically tries to exploit a lack of bounce in the pitch, which he tried to do against Australia... in Perth.

Campher is an Irish all rounder. One of those next big thing players that never seems to quite click. He has a test hundred though. The hattrick was actually a double hattrick vs Netherlands in UAE 2021

Meiyappan plays for UAE. I watched that match, the hattrick was against Sri Lanka in Geelong. It was about the only highlight and SL won by something like 500 runs.

Little is an Irish pace bowler. NFI when his hattrick was.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back