Cricket World Cup.

Remove this Banner Ad

It's 2 weeks until this event starts, and with it going for a while, I think it deserves it's own thread.

Note; Sportingbet are offering a 50% winners bonus for your first bet on the tournament winner. (Must be placed before the first game and a minimum of $10, max of $150).

Had a bit on Sri Lanka, who won the last World Cup in the region.

So bet 1;

Sri Lanka - WIN (the whole thing) @ 5.50 (+ 50% bonus = 8.25 per unit).:)

Sri Lanka are the smart bet here $5.50, they have the bowling that can take the pace off the ball & a class batting line up.....

they have set themselves for this--which sounds obvious but their planning is far better than idiots like Hiditch who pick the Aus team.....

Take S/L now & cover on India later on if you must--but they'll choke & lose in a semi.....I actually think NZ $18 will give you a run for your money as well.

yeah new zealand and then hedge, every world cup i say this is the one where they dont play above their abilities and will do nothing. sure enough they keep making semi finals, probably happen again.

FWIW i like the asian countries - sri lanka can win it but i worry about them choking come semi finals and winning 3 high pressure games in row

india are a bit overated aren't they in the one day game, go allright in t20s and tests but will risk here

pakistan - good roughy, like their bowling, naved, gul etc and their bats go well in the conditions. positive signs in new zealand too

new zealand - see above

south africa - chokers nuff said

australia - still number one team, havent lost a world cup game since 99. gotta be a massive, if their pace bowling plan "works"

my 2 cents

Guys remember that that sportingbet promotion is 50% on the winnings. So if you want $10 on India at 4.00 you would usually win $30 but profit $45 with this promotion. So unlike what some have thought with effectively getting 6.00, you would actually really be getting 5.50.

I also like Sri Lanka and will probably chuck $10 on them at sportingbet.

Who do people like for most runs in the tournament?

Tendulkar Sachin 15.00
Sehwag Virender 17.00
Watson Shane 17.00
Sangakkara Kumar 19.00
Amla Hashim 19.00
Kallis Jacques 21.00
Jayawardene Mahela 23.00
Gambhir Gautam 23.00
Ponting Ricky 26.00
Dilshan Tilkakaratne 26.00
Strauss Andrew 26.00
Gayle Chris 26.00
Pietersen Kevin 26.00
Trott Jonathon 26.00
Haddin Brad 34.00
De Villiers Ab 34.00
Smith Graeme 34.00
Kohli Virat 34.00
Tharanga Upul 34.00
McCullum Brendon 41.00
Taylor Ross 41.00
Khan Younis 41.00
Clarke Michael 41.00
Samaraweera Thilan 51.00

With batting in the sub continent being at is easiest at the start of an innings I will be mainly focusing on the top 3 batsmen from a team, and off course teams that I think will go deep into the tournament. Saying that, I like:

Smith @ $34 - I expect him to have a big tournament.
Watson @ $17 - Should cash in against the crap teams of his draw.
Jayawardne @ $23 - In his own backyard, plenty of experience.
Tendulkar @ $15 - Easily the best batsmen going round, still.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On a slightly related note, does anyone know of a book that has markets for the Allan Border medal tonight?

Ingram can bat insanely well.

Tsotsobe is a brilliant bowler.

Have to agree 100%

Was betting on their series aginst India recently, Ingram fell away a little in the ODI's but is a very good player.

Tsotsobe complements Steyn and Morkel perfectly IMO, left armer, not fast but bowls a consistant line and length giving away very few runs per over, forcing the batsmen to either attack his bowling and play shots that aren't there or attack one of Steyn or Morkel at the other end.

Kahuna would the other opener you can't remember be Peterson?

The one that jumps out to me is Misbah Ul-Haq to top Pakistans runs @ $6.50. He is coming off a great tour of New Zealand, he hit 93 n.o in the second last odi along with 50 in the first odi and a lowest score of 25 in the series.
also not odi cricket but in his last 6 test innings he has scored a half century in each of them so he is in some very good form, hopefully he can continue it through the world cup. :thumbsu:

another i that i like is Iqbal to top the runs for bangladesh @ $4.

early plays are Pakistan most runs Misbah 1 unit - $6.50
Bangladesh most runs Iqbal 1 unit - $4
South Africa to win 1 unit - $5.50

Yep Peterson is it, I think they have had a few guys do it as of late,

I was thinking about Misbah myself but I think he probably bats a little bit too low and might not get a chance to dominate against the minnow countries.

Remove this Banner Ad

Cricket World Cup.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back