Cripps or Oliver.

Who is the better player

• P. Cripps

Votes: 338 56.5%
  • C. Oliver

Votes: 260 43.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Not worried about stats, Oliver is an accumulator and Cripps damage has always been higher. I’m talking about the eye test. Oliver has come back unfit and is plodding. He looks horrific. Cripps hasn’t ever been this bad, not saying he hasn’t been bad before but this is another level. Cripps also had injections for a back injury, Oliver has made his own grave.
I'm not saying Oliver hasn't been bad. But he's bad is as bad as Cripps in 2020 and 2021. Oliver has surpassed my expectations. I didn't expect him to be playing until after the bye. He's had 0 pre-season. I'm pretty sure Cripps had a pre-season during his 'injury years'.

I'm not saying Oliver hasn't been bad. But he's bad is as bad as Cripps in 2020 and 2021. Oliver has surpassed my expectations. I didn't expect him to be playing until after the bye. He's had 0 pre-season. I'm pretty sure Cripps had a pre-season during his 'injury years'.
Oliver shouldn’t be playing till he’s fit enough. Has been a liability at the best of times. Needs to lock in and get fit again or else he’ll be copping more than he already is, which isn’t enough.

Your knowledge around Cripps and his injury is poor so don’t bother.

broken back is like saying a shin splint stress fracture is a broken leg. Your language isn't fooling me.

Ironic that a plodder Cripps fan is calling Oliver a plodder. lol. Oliver could put on 5 more kg and still be faster than plodder.

And you said you preferred Oliver last year. Can't go back on that. Sorry son.
No... I'm pretty sure a fractured back is just a fractured back...

Either way Cripps has never turned into a **** truck plodder due to partying too much with Joel Smith stash of goodies. When he's been bad it's been out of his hands.

broken back is like saying a shin splint stress fracture is a broken leg. Your language isn't fooling me.

Ironic that a plodder Cripps fan is calling Oliver a plodder. lol. Oliver could put on 5 more kg and still be faster than plodder.

And you said you preferred Oliver last year. Can't go back on that. Sorry son.
Cripps had to get an injection to manage the pain of a back injury, which is one of the worst to play through, having doing it myself currently. Couldn’t imagine it at 6’5 and his size.

Oliver shouldn’t be playing till he’s fit enough. Has been a liability at the best of times. Needs to lock in and get fit again or else he’ll be copping more than he already is, which isn’t enough.

Your knowledge around Cripps and his injury is poor so don’t bother.
You can't say Oliver shouldn't be playing until he's fit and then say Cripps had an injury for 2 years and try to squirm out of his hopeless 2 years. It's double standards.

Cripps had to get an injection to manage the pain of a back injury, which is one of the worst to play through, having doing it myself currently. Couldn’t imagine it at 6’5 and his size.
yeah. because all back injuries are the same...he played for 2 years with this debilitating back injury. You'd think if it was bad enough then they'd give him the rehab that was required but he was deemed fit to play for 2 years.

You can't say Oliver shouldn't be playing until he's fit and then say Cripps had an injury for 2 years and try to squirm out of his hopeless 2 years. It's double standards.
Carlton were a rabble. Cripps should’ve had surgery to clean it up or let it rest, he and their club didn’t. I didn’t say Cripps should have played, neither should. Play if you’re fit. Playing injured only makes life harder and worse for yourself/team.

yeah. because all back injuries are the same...he played for 2 years with this debilitating back injury. You'd think if it was bad enough then they'd give him the rehab that was required but he was deemed fit to play for 2 years.
They aren’t all the same. But a fractured back is horrible, it affects not only your back and ability to do daily tasks, bending over, it goes and overcompensates with your legs, hamstrings and quads. Your joints and where it connects via hips & shoulders. He had the same injection I had and it is a super strong needle but it also doesn’t work wonders and only helps whilst also managing it heavily. You either need surgery or full rest to properly get rid of issues like he had, and most back problems.

Yep, I had one last year and it was absolutely debilitating. Could barely bend over for a ground ball for months. And that was on the minor end of injuries according to my physio.

They aren’t all the same. But a fractured back is horrible, it affects not only your back and ability to do daily tasks, bending over, it goes and overcompensates with your legs, hamstrings and quads. Your joints and where it connects via hips & shoulders. He had the same injection I had and it is a super strong needle but it also doesn’t work wonders and only helps whilst also managing it heavily. You either need surgery or full rest to properly get rid of issues like he had, and most back problems.
Cripps has a whole team of world class physio's and doctors by his side. Sure he may have been much more hobbled during mid-week but on the weekends he was doing this:

Not bad for a guy with a broken back.

Oliver is VISIBLY affected by his lack of pre-season and was visibly affected by his hand injury. Much worse than how Cripps looked in both 2020 and 2021.

Yep, I had one last year and it was absolutely debilitating. Could barely bend over for a ground ball for months. And that was on the minor end of injuries according to my physio.
Mines minor, it’s not a stress fracture or anything. Mines two discs slipping which one went sideways hitting my nerve and the other near my spine out back. I played through it for a year and couldn’t move after games. Then played with morphine and it wasn’t strong enough, so got an injection which is 3-4 months and I need to get another soon. They had to stab it in and find my nerve so that it could shrink and reduce inflammation so it wasn’t touching and doing so it took 4/5 stabs, was annoying. But they don’t have to do surgery by cutting off parts of my disc because it is a high risk back and spinal surgery especially at a younger age. Similar to Walsh I believe. I was out for a month unable to do anything until it started to kick in, had to slow walk again with lots of swimming, helps but still get severe pain if I move wrong. So Cripps fracture is a much worse situation, but considering he’s also 195cm to my 183 I’d presume he would have it even worse off. It’s something you can push through but the discomfort and flow on effects are huge, Gunston had a back injury and had to change his kicking technique which has turned him from a sharp shooter to what he is now, also mobility wise is bad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cripps has a whole team of world class physio's and doctors by his side. Sure he may have been much more hobbled during mid-week but on the weekends he was doing this:

Not bad for a guy with a broken back.

Oliver is VISIBLY affected by his lack of pre-season and was visibly affected by his hand injury. Much worse than how Cripps looked in both 2020 and 2021.

Management along with the injection meant he could play and push through the discomfort and flow on effects. Some weeks better than others feeling wise, it isn’t linear.

Oliver’s hand injury would be bad but it’s not his main issue, the lack of a pre season, his own off field issues and clear disinterest. The genuine lack of fitness/intent to put the work in has made his body in extremely poor condition.

He looks terrible and much worse than Cripps did. Performance wise.

Management along with the injection meant he could play and push through the discomfort and flow on effects. Some weeks better than others feeling wise, it isn’t linear.

Oliver’s hand injury would be bad but it’s not his main issue, the lack of a pre season, his own off field issues and clear disinterest. The genuine lack of fitness/intent to put the work in has made his body in extremely poor condition.

He looks terrible and much worse than Cripps did. Performance wise.
exactly. I don't disagree with the Oliver issues that you pointed out. It's clear that Oliver is having a poor season. Is it surprising. Not remotely.

But Cripps' season that he is currently having is a season that Oliver would typically be disappointed with.

exactly. I don't disagree with the Oliver issues that you pointed out. It's clear that Oliver is having a poor season. Is it surprising. Not remotely.

But Cripps' season that he is currently having is a season that Oliver would typically be disappointed with.
Cripps is in Brownlow contention and has been top 5 for players this year. Don’t be silly.

On what metric?

6th in AFLCA votes, 3rd fav for Brownlow, would be an AA mid if the squad was picked today arguably starting on field.

25th best player in the comp is ridiculous.
You mentioned the brownlow so you lost immediate credibility.

At very best he squeezes onto the interchange best in the AA.

No-one in their right mind is putting Cripps as the 5th best in the league. Hell Sam Walsh has almost caught him in the coaches votes with only 8 games.

Last edited:
Back