Cripps or Oliver.

Who is the better player

• P. Cripps

Votes: 338 56.5%
  • C. Oliver

Votes: 260 43.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Lads. No point in responding to Danny. Not even his own supporter base likes him. I clearly struck a cord with my comment and it really shows. Don’t bother arguing metrics with him. It changes on a regular basis.

When you bring up the Brownlow, he disputes it and says only “simpletons” follow it but really, most of the AFL landscape follows it and especially alot of the champion players of the past, now retired - acknowledge its credibility. Danny I’m not arguing with you about this point. It’s just the truth, no one gives a crap about your opinion on the Brownlow and just because you dispute it doesn’t make it Not Applicable. We all know you have a superiority complex but please, try and hide it at least for everyone else’s sake.

To answer your question Danny - the AFLPA best captains award is a good award to win because the players vote on who they think the best captain is from another club. Gives perspective to what other players think on certain captains in the game. It would mean they at least acknowledge and respect how good of a leader and player Cripps is. He’s also won an AFLPA MVP award, something the players also vote on. I don’t recall Oliver winning this award.

Cripps this season also is in most people’s AA teams as shown on AFL.com and various other commentators and legends of the sport. He’s also once again top 5 in Brownlow calculations (I don’t give a f*ck about your thoughts on it). Even in your most beloved metric the all holy AFLCA Champion Player of the year award, he currently sits top 10? So no he’s not a 25th best player in the game right now. He’s around the 5-10 mark not that anyone really needs to justify that to you. You just can’t put this debate behind you when it’s been well and truly over for years. It took Cripps two average years for Oliver to be in the conversation. Levels

Lads. No point in responding to Danny. Not even his own supporter base likes him. I clearly struck a cord with my comment and it really shows. Don’t bother arguing metrics with him. It changes on a regular basis.

When you bring up the Brownlow, he disputes it and says only “simpletons” follow it but really, most of the AFL landscape follows it and especially alot of the champion players of the past, now retired - acknowledge its credibility. Danny I’m not arguing with you about this point. It’s just the truth, no one gives a crap about your opinion on the Brownlow and just because you dispute it doesn’t make it Not Applicable. We all know you have a superiority complex but please, try and hide it at least for everyone else’s sake.

To answer your question Danny - the AFLPA best captains award is a good award to win because the players vote on who they think the best captain is from another club. Gives perspective to what other players think on certain captains in the game. It would mean they at least acknowledge and respect how good of a leader and player Cripps is. He’s also won an AFLPA MVP award, something the players also vote on. I don’t recall Oliver winning this award.

Cripps this season also is in most people’s AA teams as shown on AFL.com and various other commentators and legends of the sport. He’s also once again top 5 in Brownlow calculations (I don’t give a f*ck about your thoughts on it). Even in your most beloved metric the all holy AFLCA Champion Player of the year award, he currently sits top 10? So no he’s not a 25th best player in the game right now. He’s around the 5-10 mark not that anyone really needs to justify that to you. You just can’t put this debate behind you when it’s been well and truly over for years. It took Cripps two average years for Oliver to be in the conversation. Levels
Says a lot if you credit the brownlow...

You can't with a straight face say that you credit it. 66% of the players don't get votes (forwards, rucks and defenders). And the ones that do get votes are your high cba mids. So it's basically only an award out of a pool of 40 mids.

not even going to mention that Oliver's ceiling has been higher than Cripps? Has had superior clearance and contested ball numbers and is 2 years younger.

2x Aflca winner speaks for itself and its something that Cripps will never achieve. And probably not even dominate a game on grand final day like Oliver did.

When Oliver became the games best player 2 years in a row. That ended the debate. Oliver has had his first bad season and Cripps has had 3 of them. Oliver can have 2 more to bring it back to even.

Oliver is a fat slug. His football this year is embarrassing.

Cripps is playing terrific footy.

It is what it is.

Brenton Sanderson disclosed this week that Phil Walsh's most important player stat was contested ground ball gets. It's easy to forget that Oliver was no.1 in the league in this stat in 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021 and 2022 (Cripps was 2nd in both 2018/19).

He only has himslef to blame.

But apparently he's now a lovely guy.

I preferred when windshield wipers were scared of him.

There are, or appear to be, fairly significant issues at play with Oliver that would prevent him ever being taken in this comparison.

At their peaks it was close but Oliver was probably slightly better of two very good players

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lol a 2 time aflca winner has nothing to prove. He clearly has never recovered from the no pre-season and the hand injury constantly flaring.
A fat coke head too lazy to chase his opponents kicking helicopters and floaters all game while his teams season is being flushed down the toilet...

Id say he has plenty to prove.

A fat coke head too lazy to chase his opponents kicking helicopters and floaters all game while his teams season is being flushed down the toilet...

Id say he has plenty to prove.
A guy who you said you'd take over Cripps last season when Cripps was plodding around. It's okay mate, Cripps is only 36 votes off winning his first ever Coaches award lol.

Oliver is utterly putrid. Even Dee's supporters should be changing their vote after tonight. Insipid.

14 touches, 7 turnovers, 0 score involvements.

Oliver is utterly putrid. Even Dee's supporters should be changing their vote after tonight. Insipid.

Lol even most Melbourne supporters are aware of how bad he is at the moment. Literally all of the attributes that used to make him such a gun are gone.

Whether or not he bounces back next year I have no idea but **** he's been a liability this season.

Any Melbourne supporter who isn't a nuffie knows he's dog shit now. Shouldn't even be in the team

lol a 2 time aflca winner has nothing to prove. He clearly has never recovered from the no pre-season and the hand injury constantly flaring.

Oh yeah that must be it

When Oliver plays like this everyone says 'what a fall from grace'. When Cripps played like this for 5 years, everyone said 'that's cripps'
Cripps has never played like this.
Zero One percenters, 2 total clearances, 5 frees against, zero inside 50s, 6 clangers and 7 turnovers 50% efficiency…..

Tell us the 5 years (eg 2019?) so name the actual 5 years where Cripps played like this.

I’m guessing you won’t respond.

Back