Cripps vs Bontempelli

Remove this Banner Ad

Love Cripps but:

Cripps:
  • All-Australian team: 2018
  • John Nicholls Medal: 2015
  • 2× 22under22 team: 2015, 2016
  • AFL Rising Star nominee: 2015 (second place)
Bont:
  • AFL premiership player: 2016
  • All-Australian team: 2016
  • 2× Charles Sutton Medal: 2016, 2017
  • AFLPA best first year player: 2014
  • AFLCA best young player of the year: 2015
  • 5× 22under22 team: 2014, 2015, 2016 (c), 2017 (c), 2018 (c)
  • AFL Rising Star nominee: 2014 (second place)
Bont's CV is better.

Bont has a little bit more competition in the Dogs BnF this year but should still win it despite missing 3 games (Cripps wins ours by the length of the Flemington straight, with Simpson in second place), but there is still every chance they'll have 5 BnFs between them by the end of their 5th year in the game.

Both freaks. Be shocked if both dont win Brownlows by the time their careers are done. I genuinely dont know who I pick at #1 if I had a time machine and redid the 2013 draft. Kelly gets added in here as well.
if macrae doesnt win, or dunkley and bont wins the bnf i think thats bs.

can someone fess up to accidentally rotary-hoeing JaB's dog into his front lawn? or lighting the bbg whilst he was drying his whites? or emptying the recycling bin late at night? just admit it and get him sorted............

all right all right already - butter boy..

Love Cripps but:

Cripps:
Bont:
Bont's CV is better.

Bont has a little bit more competition in the Dogs BnF this year but should still win it despite missing 3 games (Cripps wins ours by the length of the Flemington straight, with Simpson in second place), but there is still every chance they'll have 5 BnFs between them by the end of their 5th year in the game.

Both freaks. Be shocked if both dont win Brownlows by the time their careers are done. I genuinely dont know who I pick at #1 if I had a time machine and redid the 2013 draft. Kelly gets added in here as well.
Cripp's CV impacted somewhat by having suffered 2 broken legs since arriving at Carlton. The first one saw his 1st season limited to 3 games & the 2nd one last year probably prevented him from winning our B&F, making the 22 & under team & possibly the AA squad at least. Will add another John Nicholls Medal to his CV in a few weeks time.

Cripp's CV impacted somewhat by having suffered 2 broken legs since arriving at Carlton. The first one saw his 1st season limited to 3 games & the 2nd one last year probably prevented him from winning our B&F, making the 22 & under team & possibly the AA squad at least. Will add another John Nicholls Medal to his CV in a few weeks time.

'Premiership player' should never be on a CV in the sense of advocating the quality of the player.
There are plenty of Premiership players that aren't even deserving of being in their own teams best 22.

Cripps played with broken ribs last year until that broke leg finally finished him off.
Both players are a cut above most others and the comparison and chest-beating about one or another is somewhat pointless.

'Premiership player' should never be on a CV in the sense of advocating the quality of the player.
There are plenty of Premiership players that aren't even deserving of being in their own teams best 22.

Cripps played with broken ribs last year until that broke leg finally finished him off.
Both players are a cut above most others and the comparison and chest-beating about one or another is somewhat pointless.
No but starred in a GF should. Being a big game players builds a reputation.

This argument is not becoming of us Carlton fans. Should have stayed un-bumped.

Cripps is awesome, glad we have him.
Bont is awesome, wish we had him.
Yeah exactly.

Cripps had an enormous year, clearly better than Bont's, but Bont shouldn't be slept on. He doesn't rack up as many touches as Cripps but he can tear apart games with his kicking, something Cripps doesn't have.

I hope the rumours about Bont having a bung hip aren't true. Like Cripps still young and could clearly get better.

Could very much end up in ten years or so talking about being happy with either, similar to some of the early 2000s midfielders.

I think what could really set Cripps apart is if our midfield becomes good enough for him to randomly push forward when he wants like Dusty does. Bont is a good forward but Cripps in the limited time I've seen him as a forward has the ability to take genuine pack marks and just be too big and strong for any defender. Of course he has to become consistent with his kicking too.

Love Cripps but:

Cripps:
Bont:
Bont's CV is better.

If they retired to date, I'd have Bont ahead on career. Cripps' year this year though, is ahead of anything Bont has produced, and has thus demonstrated a higher peak.

The U22 accolades, Rising Star, best first year/young player becomes less and less relevant as they progress in their careers.

Fact is, Bont has never had a season where he's arguably the best in the comp. This year Cripps has been (along with Titch and Gawn). Cripps has finished top 2 in AFLCA, AFLMVP and likely will poll well in the Brownlow.

Having said all that, if Bont is truly injured in the hip long-term, it's going to be a tragedy of Cooney-proportions that we won't get to see him reach is potential.

Yeah exactly.

Cripps had an enormous year, clearly better than Bont's, but Bont shouldn't be slept on. He doesn't rack up as many touches as Cripps but he can tear apart games with his kicking, something Cripps doesn't have.

I hope the rumours about Bont having a bung hip aren't true. Like Cripps still young and could clearly get better.

Could very much end up in ten years or so talking about being happy with either, similar to some of the early 2000s midfielders.

I think what could really set Cripps apart is if our midfield becomes good enough for him to randomly push forward when he wants like Dusty does. Bont is a good forward but Cripps in the limited time I've seen him as a forward has the ability to take genuine pack marks and just be too big and strong for any defender. Of course he has to become consistent with his kicking too.
The main weapon I think Bont has over Cripps and most players in the comp is his entry kick. He is so dangerous playing CHF...taking the mark about 60-70 out and whirling around to pinpoint his forwards to perfection.

Both Cripps and Bont strangely have the yips in front of goals from time to time, so it's not as a FF. But as a CHF, Bont's ability to get it into his forwards is astounding. Cripps+Charlie+Bont would be immense.

The main weapon I think Bont has over Cripps and most players in the comp is his entry kick. He is so dangerous playing CHF...taking the mark about 60-70 out and whirling around to pinpoint his forwards to perfection.

Both Cripps and Bont strangely have the yips in front of goals from time to time, so it's not as a FF. But as a CHF, Bont's ability to get it into his forwards is astounding. Cripps+Charlie+Bont would be immense.
I remember that kick he had against us earlier this year, to the forward left pocket.

It really was a perfect kick.

Tasty AF.

Still as of now Cripps>Bontempelli

Career Bont>Cripps

It seems that when one is flying the other is injured.

Not fair to really compare until they are both fit against each other.

Bonts hip may not ever let this be a possibility unfortunately.

Some tasty stuff here

1) Amazing editing work to keep his 2018 highlights so short
2) Noticeable that he has developed an effective fend-off this year
3) Lots of contested marks and goals in that vid, I guess his handpasses are too quick for the camera

:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Cripps vs Bontempelli

Remove this Banner Ad

Back