NRL Cronulla Sharks

Remove this Banner Ad

Probably at Allianz v Roosters and at Accor if v Rabbitohs knowing the NRL...
Yeah, can see either of those being a real possibility, but to be honest we had our chances tonight to take that out of the league's hands. If we're going to have to beat Penrith just to make the GF then we have to be able to win next week anywhere, against anyone.

Yeah, can see either of those being a real possibility, but to be honest we had our chances tonight to take that out of the league's hands. If we're going to have to beat Penrith just to make the GF then we have to be able to win next week anywhere, against anyone.

I've got zero expectations now, we blew it tonight. Weren't helped by some atrocious calls but we let 2 ridiculously easy tries in during the first half when we could have shut them out.

I've got zero expectations now, we blew it tonight. Weren't helped by some atrocious calls but we let 2 ridiculously easy tries in during the first half when we could have shut them out.

Yep, not good enough when it counted. To make matters worse as it was Holmes who kicked the winning points for them.

Next week we will play the winner of the Bunnies v Chooks . If we win that we will probably play Penrith for a spot in the GF so it does not get any easier.

Going to be a massive ask from now on. Obviously no consolation to you guys, but a cracking contest for the neutral; one of the games of the season, I thought. I expected it to be close, and couldn't separate you guys, but that close!

Going to be a massive ask from now on. Obviously no consolation to you guys, but a cracking contest for the neutral; one of the games of the season, I thought. I expected it to be close, and couldn't separate you guys, but that close!
It was that. There is consolation in that there is a lot to build on in this side, and the new coach has made a big difference. Hopefully the form continues into next year, but yeah, just not clutch enough when it mattered.

Very hard to see Penrith not winning this year in any case.

Half an hour in to the semi final and we look very flat. It does look like they've struggled to regroup after last week's epic. There's no spark in attack and the defence is slow to read plays from Mitchell. They'll need to regroup at half time or this is gone.

Out in straight sets is disappointing but we were not the second best side in the competition. I have not checked it out but I suspect we will finish 5th as we were the highest placed of the eliminated sides. At the beginning of the year if anyone had said we would finish 5th I would have smiled and taken it but it would have been nice to have won at least one final.

A soft first half with a return to our old ways in a poor defensive effort.

Yeah I think we were just underprepared for the intensity of finals. 70 points conceded in two games is something to work on for next year.

Mind you, had last week's game been 15 seconds shorter, we'd be in a prelim next week.

I think you're right, fifth is about where we are at the moment. All four prelim finalists are a rung above at this stage. A promising first season for Fitzgibbon though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I think we were just underprepared for the intensity of finals. 70 points conceded in two games is something to work on for next year.

Mind you, had last week's game been 15 seconds shorter, we'd be in a prelim next week.

I think you're right, fifth is about where we are at the moment. All four prelim finalists are a rung above at this stage. A promising first season for Fitzgibbon though.

Or the Cowboys weren’t saved for the second time this season by a bunker shocker.

For sure, a great night for Nicho who also took out the Provan- Summons Medal for being a nice guy. Nicho polled 38 points, the highest ever points score for a Dally M winner. :D

This must give Nicho a good chance at making the World Cup squad.

Congratulations Nicho Hynes.

I think the season has just started! :D

Thanks to Nicho and the team for a wonderful Sunday evening's entertainment.

Early days I know but surely Nicho Hynes has to be a chance for State Of Origin this year? Despite winning the Dally M last year he didn't get a look in and I did not notice him at the World Cup either.

Hynes and Mulitalo were a sensational combination last night.

I've been away this weekend, and haven't seen any NRL, so I'm avoiding the main thread for spoilers. But a great start to the weekend by you guys, Nicho Hynes is a mensch. And as I've said before, you have two of the best wingers in the comp. Great team effort all round. Frankly, I didn't think you got much from the ref either, but that didn't affect the result.

We are a bit hot and cold atm. Last weekend was good but the week before we let a game that we should have won slip away. What makes it worse is Shaun Johnson played a leading part in our demise.

It is bloody amazing Shaun Johnston hardly misses a game in 8 seasons with the Warriors, he comes to Cronulla and misses every third game then goes back to the Warriors and hardly misses a game.

Just so you know: I posted on a Wigan forum about the Sharks, and how I'd enjoyed watching you play, and it brought up this comment from a poster with close connections to the club:

According to Wigan’s hierarchy the management team at the Sharks are great people as well, unlike the bosses in charge of some of the other NRL clubs that we have played in the WCC.

NRL Cronulla Sharks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back