Gym & Misc CrossFit

Remove this Banner Ad

Doing this comp on the weekend. Same sex pairs. Masters division. 7 workouts over 2 days.

I'm wearing Reebok Nanos at the moment. I'm finding them great. Very comfortable. This site is the p place to go for all your CrossFit gear.

Reebok make the best value training and running shoes imo but wtf do they always make the laces a couple of inches too long?

CrossFit Games athlete drowned during the first event about 12 hours ago.

How was there only two paddle boarders and a jet ski to cover ~80 odd athletes in a large endurance run/swim.

Mind boggling.

Absolute stupidity to put an 800m swim after a 3.5 mile run too.

Surely big law suits coming.

Apparently spectators tried pointing it out and jumping in but were blocked.
Ocean in the waves I could understand but in a calm lake surely it must have also been some medical condition that caught him offguard? Even someone that is totally exhausted if they are reasonably competent as a swimmer they should be able to float on their back and wait for help.

Extremely tragic and sad anyway.

Ocean in the waves I could understand but in a calm lake surely it must have also been some medical condition that caught him offguard? Even someone that is totally exhausted if they are reasonably competent as a swimmer they should be able to float on their back and wait for help.

Extremely tragic and sad anyway.
I think it was an 8km run for time into the swim that was about ~20 minutes. He was near the front of the pack as well.

On the footage you can see him struggling and just bobbing without actually moving anywhere and eventually disappears.

I’m shocked they are allowed to go forward with the weekend, considering the potential negligence on show.

Doing this comp on the weekend. Same sex pairs. Masters division. 7 workouts over 2 days.

Good work. What was the turnout like? Good weather for it.

Interesting discussion re crossfit, ran across these 2 videos, both sides of the argument. I sit on the technique and correct form is ideal side.

Haha. Just rewatched that first video. Mat Fraser and Justin Mederios, heck any of the athletes at the CrossFit Games, would own that guy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it was an 8km run for time into the swim that was about ~20 minutes. He was near the front of the pack as well.

On the footage you can see him struggling and just bobbing without actually moving anywhere and eventually disappears.

I’m shocked they are allowed to go forward with the weekend, considering the potential negligence on show.
This guy on YT reckons the water was 30.5 degrees, if that's true that is soooooo hot to swim in anytime let alone pushing yourself to the limit.

And why not put it first before the run like a triathlon especially given how most crossfitters I'd guess probably aren't amazing swimmers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Gym & Misc CrossFit

Remove this Banner Ad

Back