Crowley Inks new 2 yr deal

Remove this Banner Ad

Stoked for Creepy. Really honest toiler and a great bloke if you've ever had the pleasure of meeting him. Having a cracking year in a required role for Lyon's set up, so well worth the new deal.

Amazing that this guy, a low rookie pickup to begin with, was a hairs breath from being traded and/or delisted, could well finish with a near 200 game career. Congrats on the signing, keep it up.
I thought he was drafted with our McPhee pick we received when we traded him to Essendon, we then delisted Crowley and re-rookied him, could be wrong though.

Good news. He is very important to the team. Having him in doubt for this weeks game really puts this into perspective. We almost can't win without him taking one of their guns out of the game.

Crowls will notch up 200 games and retire with two premiership medallions .
A wonderful career and a genuine all round nice bloke having met him a few years back.

( just to be pedantic, i wish someone would proof read these articles before they're put up )
[ “It’s sort of all come to fruition and I am wrapped to be at the club for another two years.”]

Crowls will notch up 200 games and retire with two premiership medallions .
A wonderful career and a genuine all round nice bloke having met him a few years back.

( just to be pedantic, i wish someone would proof read these articles before they're put up )
[ “It’s sort of all come to fruition and I am wrapped to be at the club for another two years.”]

What if in the terms of his new contract, he will be bound and gagged in packaging and stored in the admin office for 2 years?

He'll be rapt with that!

Good to hear, and congrats to Crowls! I was worried he would go back to Melbourne at the end of the year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought he was drafted with our McPhee pick we received when we traded him to Essendon, we then delisted Crowley and re-rookied him, could be wrong though.

Yeah, correct. I had forgotten about that, think I've done it before. Even so, he was originally pick No. 55, then re-rookied with a 3rd round Rookie Draft pick. That's not a big investment draft picks wise and also indicates that any number of clubs could have had him a number of times over.

Not sure i'm over the moon at giving him another 2 years, considering he was nearly delisted. Could be just a quirk he is having a good season. But I guess without giving him 2 years he could go to another club. This way he'll finish his career with freo.

Not sure i'm over the moon at giving him another 2 years, considering he was nearly delisted. Could be just a quirk he is having a good season. But I guess without giving him 2 years he could go to another club. This way he'll finish his career with freo.

Its also unlikely he got huge dollars so its unlikely his contract would be the reason we weren't able to sign someone else we wanted.

I also think the "quirk" is being harsh on him. Prior to last year he had a number of decent seasons playing as a run with guy. The quirk really was last year when we changed his role on him and got him to bulk up. It's much more likely he'll continue his current form for those 2 years than approach the standards of last year.

Its also unlikely he got huge dollars so its unlikely his contract would be the reason we weren't able to sign someone else we wanted.

I also think the "quirk" is being harsh on him. Prior to last year he had a number of decent seasons playing as a run with guy. The quirk really was last year when we changed his role on him and got him to bulk up. It's much more likely he'll continue his current form for those 2 years than approach the standards of last year.

I think that is probably true. However Crowley isn't getting any younger, and the end comes quickly for a tagger who can't keep up.

Unless he gets injured - unlikely given his history - he'll be able to continue in his current role for two more seasons. He hardly relies on explosive pace or agility to shut down his opponents. Run, run and run some more.

Remove this Banner Ad

Crowley Inks new 2 yr deal

Remove this Banner Ad

Back