valkorum

Club Legend
Feb 4, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle, Sacremento Kings
I just had an awful thought about Ryan Crowley.

The wording used by the Dockers was that he was delisted - meaning he could continue his career at another club (this isnt the bad part yet)

What if he goes to West Coast (this is the bad part).

Last edited:

I agree its not highly likely that he will land at another club, but if he did and it happened to be West Coast - will I cheer him or boo him.

If I cheer him I seem to be cheering West Coast
If I boo him then I am booing a life member of the Fremantle Football Club.

Why not a year at peel as a player coach type role, knows the game plan inside out and has played against all the elite midfielders of this generation would be great for the development of our younger players

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you remember, he was not as effective in the back half of 2014 and was struggling (obviously he tried something for it). He's been out for 2015 and recruiting a 31-32 year old for a year or two? He started as a forward, so he has a second string to his bow and any WAFL team could use him as a coach, playing or not. Sad he wasn't at the Doig. Would not like to see him go away bitter. He is a Victorian originally, so he might make a clean break? Best of luck to him, he gave opposition players nightmares.

Maybe he was struggling in 2014 because he was in pain so much of the time, leading to the painkiller incident. It's just poor timing for Crowley. If he had have been suspended a couple of years ago he may have been okay, but then after we played so well without him, maybe he still would have been moved along. It was a sliding doors moment.

I was speaking to someone involved at Subiaco over the weekend, he says it's a done deal, Crowley will play for Subi in the WAFL next year. Along with Broughton and Dennis-Lane apparently. My friend was rather happy that they were coming back to Subi.

I was speaking to someone involved at Subiaco over the weekend, he says it's a done deal, Crowley will play for Subi in the WAFL next year. Along with Broughton and Dennis-Lane apparently. My friend was rather happy that they were coming back to Subi.
Not surprised he's happy. Three handy additions.

If he knew he was going to play WAFL why didn't he just accept retirement instead of been delisted.

Thought he loved Vic! Make more sense to play for a VFL club.

Samara might enjoy it here.
And giving how high Crowls is batting above his average, makes sense (that he'll stay presuming the above).

Remove this Banner Ad

Crowley's future