Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 4, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Central Districts
Hey all,

I'm thinking we should have a player board like a few of the other clubs.

The Brisbane one would be an example, which you can see in action here:

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=172

I've PM'd MD in regards to this, and he wanted me to float the idea with you guys.

So here are my reasons.

One for each player obviously.

Why?
  1. Whenever something happens with the player, there isn't a new thread made. And hence cleans up the board from a bit of the crap. (ie Rutten thread today)
  2. Easily searchable. If your looking for that article that you have no idea where it was posted, all you have to do is go to that thread.
  3. If you want some quick details then you know where to go, their not scattered across 30 different threads across 3 years.
  4. Keeps a great timeline of the player. From when they get drafted to 5 years on (when we eventually get there).
Anyway, have a vote up top, and stick some suggestions in if you have any.

CC.

Good idea.

Do we get a player each? Shotgun #26 if this is the case :thumbsu:

Defintly a good idea, if we can shotgun I call the TR:thumbsu::thumbsu::D:D

But would a random selection of posters in a 'draft' done by the mods be a fairer idea?

Defintly a good idea, if we can shotgun I call the TR:thumbsu::thumbsu::D:D

But would a random selection of posters in a 'draft' done by the mods be a fairer idea?
Nah, otherwise in previous years, macca23 would have been in charge of Matthew Smith.

And, well, the passion just wouldn't be there.

I have always wanted this on the Crows board but never piped up. I find it really handy when looking for info on players from other clubs. It will help especially at the start of Dream Team season!

Also, if this happens I'll take first pick of an 07 draftee and Southerntakeover must have VB.

Nah, otherwise in previous years, macca23 would have been in charge of Matthew Smith.

And, well, the passion just wouldn't be there.

What I meant was a draft order of posters, and then they drafted their player

But i see your point, would be harsh on number 45

Shoty Walker the gun:D:D:D

Anyone got any suggestions for a name?

I reckon 'The Locker Room'. Pretty generic, but considering the club runs it's lockers by player number, the thread title could be something like:

#29 James Sellar

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Meesen and Pfeiffer gone, I guess I will take Jericho.

"This week Jericho ran up and down the field really fast. I'm not sure how the game went, but gosh, Jericho really did run very fast"

For those volunteering for players keep in mind that it would be preferable that you would also be watching these players when they are playing sanfl.

Is it mean to suggest that Drummond be on player watch for Jericho? :eek:
Sounds like a great idea but interstate members don't get to watch SANFL games.

Is it to late 2 shotgun Mcleod?:D
If so, would'nt mind Knights.

If Aish gets picked up would gladly take that aswell.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back