Crows Player Watch Sub Board

Remove this Banner Ad

Sounds like a great idea but interstate members don't get to watch SANFL games.

Well Nikki is spot on. What is the point in someone on here going "ooooh i want Player X" when they will never even watch them play? Their report will just be inaccurate Sunday Mail stats and biased reporting off the Crow website report. Pointless. Hopefully the lads who do land the SANFL boys get out to the local footy to watch them, or at least tune into the ABC if their bloke is on the tele.

For those volunteering for players keep in mind that it would be preferable that you would also be watching these players when they are playing sanfl.

Is it mean to suggest that Drummond be on player watch for Jericho? :eek:
Somehow I think Drummond may prefer Campbell &/or whoever Norwood get in the mini-draft.

I like the idea of a Crows Locker Room sub-board to follow the path of a player. Likely to mean less merged threads too.

For those volunteering for players keep in mind that it would be preferable that you would also be watching these players when they are playing sanfl.

Damn I didnt think that far ahead.... I work every saturday and every second sunday:(:(:(:(

oh well.....:cool:

I agree, given the chances of van Berlo being in the SANFL are both slim and nil.

I think it's a goer......:thumbsu:

We will need to nail down how it works - in terms of assigning players to posters etc......if it's done well it will be a major source of info for us.

We also need to agree on some rules in terms of no additional threads etc. I can do something similar as I did with the Cage Match sub-board where only Mods can open new threads - that way once we've got 44 threads - we don't need amymore until next year.

We'll rev something up over the next few days - I'm a little preoccupied with a whole other new sub-board that opened just this afternoon.......:rolleyes:

In the mean time we can continue to toss ideas around and agree on a process.

Thanks to CC for organising the thread.

for a start on Moran, we can steal from the kangaroos player board.......

Is evidently too cool to have a profile on the Roos website :D

wbMORAN_gallery__237x400.jpg

Brad Moran

Number: 18
Height: 200cm
Weight: 104kg
Recruited From: Southport/England
Career Games: 2
Career Goals: 0

about: Tall and versatile enough to play in a key position as well as ruck, he put himself on the map with a NAB AFL Rising Star nomination in his debut match in round 21 and played the last two games of the season. Wears Wayne Carey's famous No. 18 jumper and is keen, and has the confidence, to make it his own.

In an interesting sidenote, Moran's grandfather played for Aston Villa in the EPL, and it is reported that Villa made a huge play for the younger Moran in last years trade period believing he had the potential to be a devastating Centre-Forward. However, the Roos quickly rejected Villa's offer of Milan Baros & the humorously named Eric Djemba-Djemba in favour of seeing Moran fulfill his potential as a Kangaroo.

Player honours: NAB AFL Rising Star nominee 2006.
Draft history: 2004 NAB AFL Draft 4th round selection No. 58 overall.

While everyone is grabbing players I'll put my hand up for Ian Perrie, as it looks like I'm the most likely to see him perform on Saturdays ...[pulling the wetsuit on and enjoying the waves over here].

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll set it up over the weekend - in the mean time we need to decide how it's going to run.

In the interim, Kane, Nikki, and I will set up a thread for each player on the list. The forum will be set so only Mods can start threads.

I think the first post should be a "vital stats" rundown of the player....ie physical stats and draft details and contract length etc - (see the Kangaroos board for ideas)....then any discussion that is player specific should occur in that thread.

I don't know that we should restrict ourselves to a player draft for posters - as few or many may have something to contribute to some or all players. If we notice a player isn't getting much training / development info posted - then we call for volunteers to follow their progress.

Anyway - these are just ideas for everyone to build on.

any thoughts ?

I'll set it up over the weekend - in the mean time we need to decide how it's going to run.

In the interim, Kane, Nikki, and I will set up a thread for each player on the list. The forum will be set so only Mods can start threads.

I think the first post should be a "vital stats" rundown of the player....ie physical stats and draft details and contract length etc - (see the Kangaroos board for ideas)....then any discussion that is player specific should occur in that thread.

I don't know that we should restrict ourselves to a player draft for posters - as few or many may have something to contribute to some or all players. If we notice a player isn't getting much training / development info posted - then we call for volunteers to follow their progress.

Anyway - these are just ideas for everyone to build on.

any thoughts ?

Player draft? Ugh.

First in best dressed. Let people have responsibility for the players theyve chosen in this thread. That doesnt mean others dont get in on the discussion, just that someone has that extra little focus on them, which ive assumed is the whole point of this.

Ok, I've gone through this thread and added the names of those that nominated a player to 'look' after into the threads that have been created for those players. If we have missed anyone, please let me know.

If there isn't a 'nominated' poster then it means that the player did not have a nomination in this thread and they are 'up for grabs' so to speak. :D

Query, where is the thread for K-Tip. I nominate our future gun forward since James 'Better than Pavlova' Stellar has already been nabbed.

Since I don't get the chance to catch much SANFL it might be better if I do an established player who will stay in the senior team if fit. I'm happy to help profile any of our draftees if we pick up some players that I've seen a fair bit of.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back