Culina: AFL supporters who dont embrace football are "insecure in their code"

Remove this Banner Ad

Same reason it's played back in soccer, to try and attack the empty space on the other side of the ground. What's your point?

That was my point. When I said football I meant the roundball variety anyway.

People who find it boring on the account that the ball is not going forward are a bit simple.

That was my point. When I said football I meant the roundball variety anyway.

Perhaps you could call it soccer to avoid confusion. You are on an Australian football board.

People who find it boring on the account that the ball is not going forward are a bit simple.

Just because there's a point to it doesn't mean it's not boring. There's a point to sending a lawn bowl down slowly as well, doesn't mean it's not as boring as batshit to watch.

Perhaps you could call it soccer to avoid confusion. You are on an Australian football board.

Just because there's a point to it doesn't mean it's not boring. There's a point to sending a lawn bowl down slowly as well, doesn't mean it's not as boring as batshit to watch.

Definitely. It's all subjective. Some would argue punting a ball forward in hope and watching players fumble over a ball is dead boring.

I didn't mean to start another yawn-inducing conversation about what it's called. I say football to refer to soccer out of habit. It's like going from "pavement" to "sidewalk".

Australia vs U r gay tonight, should be good. Shit comments from Culina, insecure pfft love both sports but nothing gets close to Aussie Rules.

you really want to start the Melb Vs Sydney debate don't you. Is that why Sydney has come in 9th this year and lets wait for it Melbourne is 18th as the most livable city for this year?

Sydney doesn't hate Melbourne - more it looks down on the mexicans in a patronisng way - just like you do with a down sydrome brother. It pities your city b/c you constantly need to prove your worth to world by taking events Sydney didn't want anyway.

Point in case - Beckham might play in Australia and his club said they only want to play in Sydney and you poor little sods caught all upset and now trying your best to make them play in melbourne as well for them to turn around and say "well maybe not"

hahahaha have your commenwealth games and your grand prix that no one attends anyway and your glorified swimming carnival. At the end of the day people who want to visit Australia want to come to Sydney first and then maybe consider Melbourne as an option.

Oh dear......

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The team that did us proud at the world's biggest sporting event whilst you spent every waking moment on BigFooty whining like a bitch about it and thus annoying the shit out of everyone, as per usual. :)

Only because you knobs were posting it on this forum, which if you had any brains would know, is for talk about "aussie rules", not that snooze fest game. :p

Only because you knobs were posting it on this forum, which if you had any brains would know, is for talk about "aussie rules", not that snooze fest game. :p

And of course you couldn't have simply stayed out of those threads couldn't you?

No, of course not, you had to stick your ugly face into them and annoy everyone by whining about it "Wah, wah, its on the wrong thread Mr Moderator, do something about it!!!"

Oh and of course, you weren't coming onto threads on the soccer board to whine and bitch were you? Wait a minute...yes you were.

Mantis = bitter, hypocrit and general all round pain in the arse.

You must be great fun to be around!

And of course you couldn't have simply stayed out of those threads couldn't you?

No, of course not, you had to stick your ugly face into them and annoy everyone by whining about it "Wah, wah, its on the wrong thread Mr Moderator, do something about it!!!"

Oh and of course, you weren't coming onto threads on the soccer board to whine and bitch were you? Wait a minute...yes you were.

Mantis = bitter, hypocrit and general all round pain in the arse.

You must be great fun to be around!

What part of "aussie rules forum" don't you understand? If we post about aussie rules on your forums, they get deleted & the poster banned.

Suck it up, in australia, OUR game is number one & always will be. :rolleyes:

I have an interest in European soccer specifically the English leagues, Champions League, and (to a smaller degree) the Scottish leagues. I don't have pay tv anymore so I don't get to watch as much as I'd like (although thankfully SBS shows Champions League games), but I suppose I'm a fan of the game even if I don't really support a team.

As for A-League soccer... I really couldn't give a shit to be honest. The A-League is full of never-gonna-be-a-star 19yos and washed up foreigners who's respective peaks were all 8-10 years ago. Granted, they can't afford to get the international stars, but I still don't like it.

As for the Socceroos... I really don't care about them either. Only a handful of the players are in the leagues I follow and there is something fundamentally lame about the name 'Socceroos'.

Maybe I'm vain or something, but despite having an interest in the European game I just can't give a shit about Australian soccer. It's just reeks of lameness on so many levels.

As for Culina, he's an idiot.

Culina is a moron who coaches a boring pastime. He should never be allowed to comment on football ever again and stick to the soccer.

I have an interest in European soccer specifically the English leagues, Champions League, and (to a smaller degree) the Scottish leagues. I don't have pay tv anymore so I don't get to watch as much as I'd like (although thankfully SBS shows Champions League games), but I suppose I'm a fan of the game even if I don't really support a team.

As for A-League soccer... I really couldn't give a shit to be honest. The A-League is full of never-gonna-be-a-star 19yos and washed up foreigners who's respective peaks were all 8-10 years ago. Granted, they can't afford to get the international stars, but I still don't like it.

As for the Socceroos... I really don't care about them either. Only a handful of the players are in the leagues I follow and there is something fundamentally lame about the name 'Socceroos'.

Maybe I'm vain or something, but despite having an interest in the European game I just can't give a shit about Australian soccer. It's just reeks of lameness on so many levels.

As for Culina, he's an idiot.

Couldn't agree more... I love the English, Champions League, World Cups etc, but too many peope are getting ahead of themselves about the A League. Melbourne Victory are competing againts only 7 other clubs, half of which are financial basket cases and so called big name clubs such as Sydney, Adelaide and Queensland who struggle to get 10,000 to a game. A team in the biggest market place beating 7 strugglers hardly gets me excited over the local game any time soon. Branko should just worry about getting some crowds watching his team.

Watching the A-League is like watching the WAFL reserves. The best in the world play elsewhere, and the A-League gets the dregs that remain.

Then you have the AFL, which houses the best in the world at this particular sport. Hands down win.

What part of "aussie rules forum" don't you understand?

It couldn't be that you're avoiding the question is it?

Who gives a **** what forum it is on, no one is forcing you to read or participate in threads on topics that don't interest you.

Oh, and do you also remember that in those threads where you were whining like a bitch, not one person backed you up and heaps of people told you to shut up? Funny that isn't it.

If we post about aussie rules on your forums, they get deleted & the poster banned.:

Ah, the old Mantis persecution complex.

If they troll about AFL on the soccer board they get banned. I've read discussions on the soccer board where AFL and other sports are discussed/compared without trolling.

Suck it up, in australia, OUR game is number one & always will be. :rolleyes:

Suck it up - in Australia there are people who passionately follow and love both AFL and Soccer, despite insecure, bitter twats like you believing otherwise.

Remove this Banner Ad

Culina: AFL supporters who dont embrace football are "insecure in their code"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back