FTA-TV Curb Your Enthusiasm

Remove this Banner Ad

Do some work

Watch Dan’s Press Shitshow

How ******* depressing

Watch another episode

I never got around to that first step somehow.

Got through Community, IASIP, Curb, and a few others I reckon.

Another series that I've purchased the seasons of on more than one occasion. I took a chance on the show on a whim many moons ago, enjoyed it. When I got season 5 on dvd, they left the security tag thing on in the middle of the plastic opening (who remembers those in the 2000's ? :p haha). I actually pryed it open myself, wrecked the case, but rescued the dvds. Yes I'm aware the common ssense thing to do was to take it back with the receipt and get them to do it properly, but I was lazy!

I have another individual collection of seaosns 1 - 6.
"purchased" them again when I got the season 1 - 8 box set (purely because I was too lazy to find the previous season sets!).
I'm hoping "12" gets a dvd release so I can complete the set, otherwise I'll be re-buying the streaming version of the series just to be able to have season 12 in some form!

I vaguely remember watching the first pilot episode late one night on Channel 9, knowing who LD was from Seinfeld, and being drawn to how much more offensive it was for FTA TV at that time

Exactly like George's shirt button. Larry David is a genius and to have done all of this over the past 25 years is something we all should be forever grateful for.
Agree, he didn’t “need” to do this show.

Already wildly rich and successful and had all the runs on the board he needed. For him to get 12 seasons of great content out is a real credit.

Just caught up on the last couple of episodes and the finale, a few more quality cameos from Conan, Matt Berry and The Boss and it was great to see Jerry return for the finale.

You could tell the show was was heading for a similar ending to Seinfeld but I wasn't expecting the finale to copy it as closely as it did.

I guess that was a final "f*** you" from Larry to all the people that hated the Seinfeld finale which I thought was a lot better than most people gave it credit for.

Funny how a lot of those same people are now raving about the Curb finale despite it being virtually identical to the Seinfeld finale apart from the twist at the end.

It's a shame that this show has now come to an end but like Seinfeld it will still be an enjoyable show to watch over and over again.

I vaguely remember watching the first pilot episode late one night on Channel 9, knowing who LD was from Seinfeld, and being drawn to how much more offensive it was for FTA TV at that time

Yeah I started watching Curb in the early days when it was shown late at night on Ch9, I started watching Seinfeld the same way and then it got switched from late night on Ch9 to prime time on Ch10 when it became really popular.

Unfortunately Curb wasn't considered suitable for prime time FTA tv so after that first season or two you could only watch it on pay tv.

There is also a Curb Yourtube youtube channel now which has all the episodes from every season uploaded to it, better than buying DVDs.

Already wildly rich and successful and had all the runs on the board he needed. For him to get 12 seasons of great content out is a real credit.

I think Larry still resented how Jerry was the star of Seinfeld and got more credit for it, with Curb he was the star and got all the credit for it.

I think Larry still resented how Jerry was the star of Seinfeld and got more credit for it, with Curb he was the star and got all the credit for it.
Think most regard Larry as main driver behind Seinfeld. He was the show runner and head writer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think most regard Larry as main driver behind Seinfeld. He was the show runner and head writer.
He could never have gotten his comedy across without genial Jerry though, Jezza tempered the cynicism and misanthropy down enough for the comedy to shine through, but by the 2000's we were all cynical enough to be ready for Larry instead of George.

Leon finally watched a Seinfeld episode and said to Larry "that Kramer mother***** is a bit over the top".

View attachment 1955535

One of the funniest parts of the finale was when Leon was talking to Jerry about the f*** tapes with all of Jerry's girlfriends on Seinfeld.

Larry had told Leon about them and then Jerry played along by telling Leon they were all on laser disc and that it's 13 unbelievable hours.

Most Seinfeld fans knew that Larry was the main writer but he wasn't anywhere near as famous or recognisable as Jerry who was the main star of the show while Larry just played a few cameos. After starring in Curb, Larry would be just as famous and recognisable as Jerry now.

After starring in Curb, Larry would be just as famous and recognisable as Jerry now.
Dont think so at all, it’s still a bit of a cult show here, might be different in the states. I don’t have any mates that watch Curb, my parents are massive Seinfeld fans but even after years of me telling them to watch Curb, still haven’t seen a minute of it.

Dont think so at all, it’s still a bit of a cult show here, might be different in the states. I don’t have any mates that watch Curb, my parents are massive Seinfeld fans but even after years of me telling them to watch Curb, still haven’t seen a minute of it.

Yeah I know more people would have watched Seinfeld due to it being on FTA and Curb is a pay tv show but surely most people would at least know who Larry is now and recognise him even if they didn't watch the show.

He's done a lot of interviews on late night shows and other FTA shows promoting Curb over the years, I would have thought that he would be pretty well known even here.

Yeah I know more people would have watched Seinfeld due to it being on FTA and Curb is a pay tv show but surely most people would at least know who Larry is now and recognise him even if they didn't watch the show.

He's done a lot of interviews on late night shows and other FTA shows promoting Curb over the years, I would have thought that he would be pretty well known even here.
It wouldn't even be close.

I know it's not scientific at all, but this website (https://today.yougov.com/ratings/entertainment/fame/people/all) ranks people by fame with a simple method - the percentage of people that know each person.

Jerry Seinfeld - 96% (46th)
Larry David - 78% (877th)

It wouldn't even be close.

I know it's not scientific at all, but this website (https://today.yougov.com/ratings/entertainment/fame/people/all) ranks people by fame with a simple method - the percentage of people that know each person.

Jerry Seinfeld - 96% (46th)
Larry David - 78% (877th)

78%

b26031f3fdddf9355cc579bad14fc3ff.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

FTA-TV Curb Your Enthusiasm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back