List Mgmt. Current Contract Lengths

Remove this Banner Ad

Mods, if BRG93 has moved on from BF, we might either need a mod to update the OP or a new thread for this stuff. I am happy to put my hand up to do a new thread, if that is the agreed way to go.

Thoughts?

Oh, and Jong has signed a 2-year extension.
I'm still here... How could I leave after a Finals Series LIKE THAT!!

PREMIERSSSS!!!!!

*Coughs* I'll just fix the OP :D

Does anyone know if JJ has re signed?

He was not on the list of free agents released by the afl for 2017.
That's because you only qualify as a Free Agent after 8 years, or in other words, not until you're 26.
JJ's 23 right now.

It has been a couple of days since English re-signed so i was just wondering if BRG93 was still around. If not, I am willing to make a new thread for the contracts.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It has been a couple of days since English re-signed so i was just wondering if BRG93 was still around. If not, I am willing to make a new thread for the contracts.
I'm still here, Smashed at Uni... No need to make new thread when it's all there

21/45 players out of contract at the end of 2017... I can't recall us ever having those sort of numbers but I admit to not following this as closely as others. Does this seem high to list watchers? Compared to last year, I remember many of us being worried about moving the minimum number on; I don' think we'll have such a problem this year. By the way, contracting English until 2020 is some sort of list management for a young ruck. Good on his management and him for investing their faith in us to develop him, and it certainly points to a patient development program for a long-term player. I don't think we can expect him lining up for the seniors this year unless something catastrophic happens to the ruck division.

21/45 players out of contract at the end of 2017... I can't recall us ever having those sort of numbers but I admit to not following this as closely as others. Does this seem high to list watchers? Compared to last year, I remember many of us being worried about moving the minimum number on; I don' think we'll have such a problem this year. By the way, contracting English until 2020 is some sort of list management for a young ruck. Good on his management and him for investing their faith in us to develop him, and it certainly points to a patient development program for a long-term player. I don't think we can expect him lining up for the seniors this year unless something catastrophic happens to the ruck division.
That's counting rookie players who are always on a one-year deal, so it slants the numbers, once you take those 5 out, it's more like 16 out of 40 which seems a bit more normal - given that most players get 2 or 3 year deals, there are always going to be an amount roughly inbetween 1/3 and 1/2 out of contract by logical extension.

Current Contract Lengths
Sources: Herald Sun, AFL Website, The Age, Western Bulldogs etc

Patrick Lipinski (2020) (Re-Signed 2017)

That should say 2019, he added one year to the initial 2-year draftee deal just earlier this week, not two additional years.

"The Bulldogs have also re-signed draftee Patrick Lipinski, who will remain at the kennel until at least the end of 2019, an extension on his existing two-year draftee contract."

Marcus Adams signs three-year deal with Western Bulldogs

WESTERN Bulldogs’ full back Marcus Adams will lead the club’s defence for the next three seasons after finalising a new contract.

The Herald Sun can reveal the 23-year-old has recommitted until the end of 2020 despite briefly considering a move back home to Western Australia late last year.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...s/news-story/12b937652c3e82e144bae0d5d0a2c98d

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Current Contract Lengths

Remove this Banner Ad

Back