Current players you would recruit before G. A. Jnr.

Remove this Banner Ad

Hayes
Montagna
Goddard
Swan
Gilbert
Fisher
Riewoldt
Franklin
Pavlich
Sandilands
Bartel
Selwood
Hodge
Brown
Fevola
Lake

There's a few off the top of my head.

Hayes
Montagna
Goddard
Swan
Gilbert
Fisher
Riewoldt
Franklin
Pavlich
Sandilands
Bartel
Selwood
Hodge
Brown
Fevola
Lake

No facepalm gif could quite do this post justice. Almost as good as your claim that St Kilda have four midfielders better than Judd :eek:

Pavlich
Sandilands
Riewoldt
Brown
Franklin

Teams can suffice without a superstar midfielder, but rarely ever without an awesome KPP.

Yeah, because Geelong has an awesome KP forward, right? :rolleyes:

Pretty sure it goes like this,

Mids > KP Backs > KP Forwards

in regards to what makes a winning side.

Yeah, because Geelong has an awesome KP forward, right? :rolleyes:

Pretty sure it goes like this,

Mids > KP Backs > KP Forwards

in regards to what makes a winning side.

Are you not able to read? I said teams can rarely suffice without a superstar midfielder.

I'll use Collingwood as an example. If I had the choice between recruiting Nick Riewoldt and Gary Ablett I'd choose Riewoldt every time. I'd be confident enough in the even spread of midfield talent that we already have to be able to give him reasonable enough delivery into the fifty.

Ablett is a gun, but there's no way he could create the same amount of goals with his delivery to an average forward line.

Ablett may well be the best player in the competition, but that doesn't mean he's the most valuable. Put it this way, who would be better able to cover for the loss of their star player, Geelong or St. Kilda?

No facepalm gif could quite do this post justice. Almost as good as your claim that St Kilda have four midfielders better than Judd :eek:

Hayes
Dal Santo
Montagna
Goddard

You can't seriously be suggesting Judd is better than any of them?

Very good in 07, awesome in 08, down a bit in 09 but still kicked 70ish goals and has been good this season. The fact that he plays a key position makes him more valuable than most midfielders.

Yeah, but if you're just picking one player to go with a bunch of cast-aways and up and comers, I reckon Ablett gives you more value than Buddy. As good as Buddy is, he still relies on the delivery he gets from the midfield. To be honest, I'd maybe take Judd. I think Ablett is a better player at the moment, but I'm not sold on him as a captain and figurehead of the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a shame that the Gold Coast is run by some clever football people and not bigfooty. We could keep Ablett, Dangerfield and Gilbert were offered the millions. The only player who is close would be Franklin.

Hayes
Montagna
Goddard
Swan
Gilbert
Fisher
Riewoldt
Franklin
Pavlich
Sandilands
Bartel
Selwood
Hodge
Brown
Fevola
Lake

I've been on BF for a number of years now and I reckon your post has just jumped into top 3 of all time worst posts.

You must be seriously taking the p1ss in suggesting those you have named you would take ahead of Ablett. The same Ablett who is recognised amongst his peers (the last 3 years in fact) as the best player in the competition. And who is only now entering into his prime.

Your first 5 had me laughing for 10 minutes. And that's even taking into account that I'm one of Lenny Hayes's biggest fans. He's not quite at Ablett's level though.

Congratulations on making the top 3 mate. You're in esteemed company alongside mayneman and hodgepodge :thumbsu:

the wet toast were terribad today and Carlton were good.

they've knocked of geelong and St kilda and are playing fine attacking football.

looks like the rise of collingwood and carlton and to a lesser degree essendon.

dimwit must have soiled himself.

Remove this Banner Ad

Current players you would recruit before G. A. Jnr.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back