Customer Complaint

Remove this Banner Ad

So you are saying I have brains now?
no!

i had a like chat with a tiger supporter and you want to go picking yes i have not much money it is called paying my bills ! i work i live i am happy .

you must be a low life just bored and want to personally attack me and my character ! you must be a bully who has noooooo friends !

crow supporters ! damage cars from victoria that is a low act ! we do not do it to the s.a cars ! maybe we should start !

C'mon kids calm down life's too short for schoolyard banter.

Back on topic, anyone who works in a bottleshop's way of getting properly reimbursed for dealing with pain in the arse customers.... if your system allows it, don't ring up six packs until you've sold 4 of them (obviously of the same type of beer) and ring it up as a slab and pocket the difference. I guess this is part of "Bottleshop Attending 101", but just in case you don't all know about this, spread the good word.:D

C'mon kids calm down life's too short for schoolyard banter.

Back on topic, anyone who works in a bottleshop's way of getting properly reimbursed for dealing with pain in the arse customers.... if your system allows it, don't ring up six packs until you've sold 4 of them (obviously of the same type of beer) and ring it up as a slab and pocket the difference. I guess this is part of "Bottleshop Attending 101", but just in case you don't all know about this, spread the good word.:D

you would have to hope they give you the right money so you don't need to open the draw though or that they are not paying by card :p

no!

i had a like chat with a tiger supporter and you want to go picking yes i have not much money it is called paying my bills ! i work i live i am happy .

you must be a low life just bored and want to personally attack me and my character ! you must be a bully who has noooooo friends !

crow supporters ! damage cars from victoria that is a low act ! we do not do it to the s.a cars ! maybe we should start !

!...!....!...!

Holy shit, that exact same thing happened to me at the exact same supermarket. We were in Torquay for schoolies last year, and went to that safeway to buy grog. Three of us went in, but only 2 of us were buying grog (the other one was underage) and he waited outside. We went to the counter to pay, and she asked us both for ID, then said we need to get our other mate to show ID as well!? We're both like, WTF, this is our grog, and the other dude didnt even enter the bottle-o. So we just left, very pissed off

I had the same thing happen to me a few weeks ago. My younger brother is on his L's and I've been teaching him how to drive and helping him get his 120 hours up. We drive to the local Dan Murphy's so I can go in and buy a slab and my brother comes in with me (I'm 28 btw... 11 years older than my brother). When I get to the counter the chick says "ID Please" and I think "Great, I haven't been carded for years". As I begin to pull out the ID she snaps "No, both of you please", I explained that he was my younger brother and that the alcohol was for me but she wouldn't listen. She said if he's only 17 then he shouldn't be in the store without a guardian. I'm not 100% sure but I would have thought being his 28 year old brother I would qualify as a guardian (How the **** would she know if he has parents or not?). I even said "Okay, I'll send him outside and then I'll buy it".

Her: "Nope, can't sell it to you".
Me: "Okay, I'll put the slab back on the shelf, my brother and I will both leave the store and I will come back in 2 minutes later, by myself and I will purchase a different slab"
Her: "No! I can't sell you any alcohol"
Me: "Okay, When can I come back in here again and purchase alcholol? Is this going to be a lifetime ban or something?"
Her: "You can come back in later and buy alcohol but I can't sell it to you now"
Me: "Okay, I'll be back in 10 minutes then"
Her: "No, I can't sell you any alcohol tonight"
Me: "That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard, this place is f**ked"

I guess I can understand why they do it when there are a group of guys who all look around 18 trying to buy grog but I'm a 28 year old man FFS and the finer details really need to be explained a little better. Why the f*** couldn't I just come in 2 minutes later and buy a different slab?

I had the same thing happen to me a few weeks ago. My younger brother is on his L's and I've been teaching him how to drive and helping him get his 120 hours up. We drive to the local Dan Murphy's so I can go in and buy a slab and my brother comes in with me (I'm 28 btw... 11 years older than my brother). When I get to the counter the chick says "ID Please" and I think "Great, I haven't been carded for years". As I begin to pull out the ID she snaps "No, both of you please", I explained that he was my younger brother and that the alcohol was for me but she wouldn't listen. She said if he's only 17 then he shouldn't be in the store without a guardian. I'm not 100% sure but I would have thought being his 28 year old brother I would qualify as a guardian (How the **** would she know if he has parents or not?). I even said "Okay, I'll send him outside and then I'll buy it".

Her: "Nope, can't sell it to you".
Me: "Okay, I'll put the slab back on the shelf, my brother and I will both leave the store and I will come back in 2 minutes later, by myself and I will purchase a different slab"
Her: "No! I can't sell you any alcohol"
Me: "Okay, When can I come back in here again and purchase alcholol? Is this going to be a lifetime ban or something?"
Her: "You can come back in later and buy alcohol but I can't sell it to you now"
Me: "Okay, I'll be back in 10 minutes then"
Her: "No, I can't sell you any alcohol tonight"
Me: "That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard, this place is f**ked"

I guess I can understand why they do it when there are a group of guys who all look around 18 trying to buy grog but I'm a 28 year old man FFS and the finer details really need to be explained a little better. Why the f*** couldn't I just come in 2 minutes later and buy a different slab?
thats shocking i think she has gone too far , i know there are rules and all but if you went home and came back with out your brother what is the problem shop somewhere else i reckon

no i just had not enough sleep ! i am fine thanks for the concern . do you actually know what you are talking about when it comes to Aspergers which i think you meant !

Do i know what i'm talking about? Having conversed for years with the most famous person ever to have assburgers, i know all about it.

:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's the law you idiots.

Unfortunately the person serving you isn't a psychic.

If you called the manager they would have said the exact same thing.

Good on that woman who served you.

agree.

It's not about the law, it's a ****ing power trip for the plebs of society :mad:

You do know that people who are in that industry are subject to having inspectors come in and set up little scenarios, including like that one just to see if you serve them and when you do they go out to their car and come back in with their ID etc and fine you and your store.

I had it once when me (23) my mate (23) and my GF (25) went to buy drinks. My GF didn't have her ID and so we didn't get served. Annoyed at her because I told her to bring her ID as we'd need it but no problem with the girl working there. It's the law.

Do i know what i'm talking about? Having conversed for years with the most famous person ever to have assburgers, i know all about it.

:)
thought you were spelling it wrong but found this - 1 definition - The cool way to refer to Asperger's Syndrome, which is the least severe form of autism.

no i don't have it dear ! so you know but i do know some that have it too .

It's the law you idiots.

i know it's the law but i did not think there would be a problem is he had gone home dropped his brother off then came back when he is 28 and had a license to prove it , i do work near a liquorland and know about checking all in a groups id !

You do know that people who are in that industry are subject to having inspectors come in and set up little scenarios, including like that one just to see if you serve them and when you do they go out to their car and come back in with their ID etc and fine you and your store.

I had it once when me (23) my mate (23) and my GF (25) went to buy drinks. My GF didn't have her ID and so we didn't get served. Annoyed at her because I told her to bring her ID as we'd need it but no problem with the girl working there. It's the law.
they do that with the cigs too

It's the law you idiots.

As I stated... I can understand why I wasn't served initially but explain to me at what stage it becomes okay for me to return to the store to purchase alcohol by myself? Thats the part that I was pissed off about as the liquor sl*t behind the counter couldn't give me an answer. Surely if we both exit and I return by myself 10 minutes later to purchase something different or at least a different slab of the same beer then that is considered a separate transaction?

As I stated... I can understand why I wasn't served initially but explain to me at what stage it becomes okay for me to return to the store to purchase alcohol by myself? Thats the part that I was pissed off about as the liquor sl*t behind the counter couldn't give me an answer. Surely if we both exit and I return by myself 10 minutes later to purchase something different or at least a different slab of the same beer then that is considered a separate transaction?

It has nothing to do with separate transactions.

If they have reason to believe you might be buying alcohol for a minor they must not serve you.

Walking out and back in again means absolute jack as they still have a reason to believe that the alcohol they are selling you is for supply to a minor.

I can't believe people can't get this simple freaking concept. Licencees have obligations and thick as shit customers who can't get their head around something so damn simple are in no position to call the poor person working there a ****.

Because the girl probably thought you were buying the alcohol for your brother who is a minor. It's against the law to supply alcohol to anyone under the age of 18 and she had every right to refuse you.

Pretty stupid to walk into a store with a minor in the first place.

I still haven't had an answer to my question. If this is based on law then surely there must be some sort of concrete guidelines for them to follow.

I still haven't had an answer to my question. If this is based on law then surely there must be some sort of concrete guidelines for them to follow.

Did you read? 2 people have answered your question.

They cannot supply alcohol to minors or anyone they suspect might be supplying a minor.

It's not that hard a concept seriously. :rolleyes:

if they do not check id whether cigs or liquor and that person is under age they [ the checkout person] can get a huge fine as well as the store that tells me it is LAW it is illegal to sell to under age and to make sure they do have to check id it is also illegal to sell to someone who is drunk so if they believe you are drunk when you go to buy your drink they can say no .

Remove this Banner Ad

Customer Complaint

Remove this Banner Ad

Back