D1 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about the rest of us who are dying to know? Wouldn't it be easier to tell it once here, get it out in the open, tell the truth and shame the devil? It'd end the speculation, quash the rumours and enhance your street credibility. You've already started off following Eddie's lead, with your own TV show and weekly columns, use your media persona to spread the Districts word.

Your public demands it!

I've signed an exclusive with the Ammo show, the public will have to watch to find out.

for anyone who thinks that mentone are going to be a force... i think at this early stage are very much miss guided.

these names will not be playing:
cochran
snow
wiltshire
graham
fairbanks. b.
mcgee

there will be lots of changes. like all vafa clubs. but losing these names could mean a long, long season.

Why is snow and cochran not playing??

I've signed an exclusive with the Ammo show, the public will have to watch to find out.

The players cannot get a coach sacked. Killer was a popular person the club has just decided to go in a different direction. It's as simple as that.

And to say that we are underperforming players is ludacris. The large amount of players have come off winning back to back flags and some players 3 succesive flags and to be honest injuries caught up with us, i know this is not an excuse. Also having 10 players from our prmiership side not play and then have new players come in does take time to gel.

I would expect that with a few players coming back and the newies having a yr under the belt we will perform alot more consistently next yr.

The players cannot get a coach sacked. Killer was a popular person the club has just decided to go in a different direction. It's as simple as that.

And to say that we are underperforming players is ludacris. The large amount of players have come off winning back to back flags and some players 3 succesive flags and to be honest injuries caught up with us, i know this is not an excuse. Also having 10 players from our prmiership side not play and then have new players come in does take time to gel.

I would expect that with a few players coming back and the newies having a yr under the belt we will perform alot more consistently next yr.

That is all well and good but wasn't Brian was making the point that he was actually re-appointed then unapppointed after the new president came to power?

Unusual to say the least but of course, the clubs perogative.

That is all well and good but wasn't Brian was making the point that he was actually re-appointed then unapppointed after the new president came to power?

Unusual to say the least but of course, the clubs perogative.

fair enough, to be honest i was unaware that he was even re-appointed. has this been confirmed? harps?

Harps isn't going to tell us anything. He's too good for us now.

It's up to Frase to go in with the hard-hitting investigative journalism and rat him out.

Sorry guys, I'm on leave this week holidaying with Dylan Howard and Hutchy checking out GC17.
Will get back to you with the exclusive true story in the next few days......

Sadly, due to burgeoning media commitments, neither of us are coaching our clubs' reserves sides in 2009. Pity the poor fellas who inherit our legacy.

For what its worth, I enjoyed your commentary on all things D1 in 2008 scribe.

I reckon it would be great to see more D1,D2,D3 & D4 write-ups on the VAFA website in 2009. Max McGraw/J. Horn do a good job but think the D grade punters have an appetite for more quality journalism (as opposed to some of the friendly banter served up on bigfooty) about the mid/lower grades.

Not suggesting you should be our D grade hero Scribe but just throwing it out there because you might know someone at HQ.

For what its worth, I enjoyed your commentary on all things D1 in 2008 scribe.

I reckon it would be great to see more D1,D2,D3 & D4 write-ups on the VAFA website in 2009. Max McGraw/J. Horn do a good job but think the D grade punters have an appetite for more quality journalism (as opposed to some of the friendly banter served up on bigfooty) about the mid/lower grades.

Not suggesting you should be our D grade hero Scribe but just throwing it out there because you might know someone at HQ.

JAK,

This is true, and it's interesting that you make the above suggestion as I'm just about done after 6 years of scribing for a particular section (awaiting the weekly reports from those dedicated club correspondents and then weaving some magic on a Monday night/Tuesday morning). Only the peerless Norm Nugent has the ability to back up season after season I feel - that man is a machine!

I agree a weekly column which focuses on the C - D4 competitions would get much readership, and could compliment the Horn/McGraw primarily A/B focus. (NB: I'm pretty sure McGraw has been drafted in from a particularly powerful club with several top-quality website characters and a fistful of A section flags from the past 15 seasons).

Opinion pieces are much easier to dash off in an hour or so too, so I may just try to use some 'pull' at HQ and see if we can get this concept going for next year.

Cheers

Frase

Looks like those "others" are staying. For a self proclaimed "panther_man" you seem to know very little about the goings on at The Playing Fields....

mick worry about ur own back yard... well done on being in gf. good luck. i hope u win. but dont tell me wat i know and dont know, there will be many a change at The Playing Fields...

mick worry about ur own back yard... well done on being in gf. good luck. i hope u win. but dont tell me wat i know and dont know, there will be many a change at The Playing Fields...

Panther....I'm assuming Micky is saying that McGee has been sacked! Can you confirm or deny?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

werribee will finishs higher then SMD this year!
They will surprise many next year, a lot of young kid's coming though a very fast side everything working very smoothly down there atm. i will predict to see them top3

They will surprise many next year, a lot of young kid's coming though a very fast side everything working very smoothly down there atm. i will predict to see them top3

I hate to admit it but I think you are correct. SMD look to have found the right level for them after moving from D3 a few years back. Unless they can convince star onballer Aqua to come back and or try to lure some big fish ex junior players in D Jacobs away from Port or J Lindsey from St Kilda City then it looks as though SMD will stay in D1 for a while yet.

just a quick warning to werribee, and st leo's for that matter, D1 is a very tricky section. off the top of my head rupertswood and oakleigh are the only teams in the past 4 years to go straight thru to C section the next year. and i think that rupertswood and the friars will be a lot more competitive than the relegated parade, banyule and therry that have been relegated in the past and shot straight thru to D2.

tipping very tight D1 next year!

Ahh Harper, how coincidental that you would post when I was wanting to question you re some goings on at your club.
Is it true, as suggested and to be honest held with utter disbelief by all in the VAFA circles that matter, including Headquarters, that Killer was reappointed at the end of the season, as he should have been, yet you in your great wisdom, sacked him 10 days later when you became President?
We, the ones who are in the know in the circles that count, are led to believe that this was driven by your underperforming, no name players. Can you confirm or will you deny? Should we be calling you Eddie? Should the tail be wagging the dog?
Now Fraser, stay out of this please! By the way Harps, congrats on the Predency and I hope it all goes well.

Now Brian,

Heard the same story in the grand final after match. If true, it is a disgrace!

I would love to know which bits harper reckons you have got wrong., because I heard the exact same story.

He was happy to pot Teasdale earlier in the year on this forum but pleads the fifth when it is about his actions!

Is what brian said true or not?

Well done to BT on their victory!

Big rumour floating around that Assumption college will have a side in the ammos next year, there list consists of 16 vfl players committed to play all of next year and beyond with the side and due to the strength of the list they will start in C or D1

refer post on c section thread. All new clubs (regardless of potential lists and history) will start in D4. Like it or lump it. This has never altered and never will.

Good to be back Harps, but you may not be happy to have me back as you will find out. Great to see Werribee 1's and 2's win flags along with our under 18b's and 18a's. New clubrooms are currently under construction at a cost of $643,000. Senior coach re-signed with a huge sign on contract, TWO hot dogs and a can of coke. We hope to be competitive as we will lose a couple of players. Yaga has announced his retirement. Great servant of the club.

Not just yet westy. Still 6 months before next season so i may go around 1 more time. 3peat mate

Will NOBS be going with coach Scanlon again given his side went out in straight sets he only won 3 of his last 10 games after being 10/0 ?

I hear all was not well in the camp in the second half of the year and a change of coach would be welcomed by several players.

Anyone heard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back