D1 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll agree to disagree TT. Modern day taggers win the ball themselves mostly. Yes, you won the game which is most important. Yes, the influence was reduced, our bloke gets tagged every week but C Lee did do a good job. We do our stats so we know, our player was still very much one of our better players on the day when many of our players were down, one of our few winners on the day. Whilst our overall skill on the day was terrible, his ball use and skill was still as good as anyones on the day.
I would say more so the backlines shut down of our forwards, our poor delivery and the work rate of assisting in getting numbers back was the number one feature of your win, also you forward line had some excellent small and mid sized options who were very busy.
What sticks most in my mind is you have to have 22 contributors to win any game of footy and unfortunately we had passengers yesterday.

What sticks most in my mind is you have to have 22 contributors to win any game of footy and unfortunately we had passengers yesterday.[/quote]

this was definetly the most pleasing thing to see for us yesterday. all players made a contribution AND we played four quarters of football.

an incredible game of ammo footy

rupertswood are still clear favourites for the flag for obvious reasons but a few clubs have a bit of a sniff now

looking forward to the rematch in a few weeks

Suprised by the comments about the umpires in the Rupo v Werribee game as they were given a pretty good Ammos umpire, although the RDFL umpires always drag any panel down, but I'm sure they werent as bad as the 2 sent out to Friar Park yesterday, never seen such incompetence, but luckily the only difference they made was to the Friars %

Some good play by the Friars yesterday in tough conditions but some ordinary patches as well, will need a 4 qtr effort to beat Werribee and Rupo in the final 2 matches and get 2nd place

Great work Eddie keep that finger on the pulse - you keep focusing on the umpires and we'll just worry about the footy. You are nothing if not predictable. ;)

Unfortunate news for kinna on the weekend who ripped his hamstring from the bone after attempting to tie his shoe laces up. He will join rhino on a all expenses paid trip to germany courtesy of ressies coach dogga who recently donated a whooping $500 to the club. All piss will be free after another kind donation from club stalwart norts of $360.

Hopefully the pair will come back in great shape.

snippidy

It may have been foreign, but he was comprehensively outplayed. He may have reduced the influence of our player (29 posessions), but he had under 10 and threw a very cheap shot late in the game. His effort at a tag was admirable but definitely his recognition as 2nd best was an encouragement award more so than a performance that was above some of the other Werribee boys.

I reckon you might be on the whacky tabaccy!

Cam Lee had well more than the under 10 you are claiming, and the 29 that your bloke got, may be inflated, and were not effective. other then the screamer he took in the last, had a minimal influence on the game, and the result was telling. Points clearly went to Cameron Lee.

I didnt see the cheap shot, so no comment, however saw the one in the reserves game, only to see our bloke (Tate) sent off. I think the Rupo umpire had some rose coloured glasses on......[/quote]

reading that has definately given me a bit of a laugh claiming that he had 29 posessions. now if your stats counter was correct then he would have noticed that phillips didnt kick a goal for the day, but according to the vafa site he has. dont act like the kid was hard done by because he was tagged. cam lee cops that every week but unlike your kid hes not just played on, he cops plenty of cheap shots during the games.
i watched the game on the weekend and saw no cheap shots coming from cam lee but #15 for rupo he should have received an oscar from his attempt to get a free kick from a tackle that was around the waist. considering the skills of the whole rupo team, why do the players need to plea for free kicks that arent deserved?

Up until recently, it would to be fair to suggest Fitzroy was the Ringo Starr of D1's Top Four.

However, over the past couple of weeks, I they may have done enough to suggest they are pushing 'Abbey Road'-era George Harrison territory.

GWH - to be fair, up until the last couple of weeks, the Roys were more akin to Pete Best or Stuart Sutcliffe, with OMs having claims to the 4th slot. Having not risen above 4th for the past 2 months, I still venture we're well and truly Ringo Starr-esque.

Still, in 5 weeks' time, things may have changed dramatically, with John (Werribee) and George (Whitefriars) possibly departing leaving us to face the numero uno survivor in Sir Paul (Rupo).

Let It Be.

GWH - to be fair, up until the last couple of weeks, the Roys were more akin to Pete Best or Stuart Sutcliffe, with OMs having claims to the 4th slot. Having not risen above 4th for the past 2 months, I still venture we're well and truly Ringo Starr-esque.

Still, in 5 weeks' time, things may have changed dramatically, with John (Werribee) and George (Whitefriars) possibly departing leaving us to face the numero uno survivor in Sir Paul (Rupo).

Let It Be.

Like Sir Paul's ex-wife, I'm wondering if Rupertswood has the legs...

Let It Be.

As faintly amusing as your banter may be, your club isn't even sure of making finals yet. Can the humour and focus on winning games of footy.

Grum

I think the beatles whilst a very good analogy, What about "Flight of the Concordes"

Jermaine: a little bit lost, might be talented. Has weird dreams.
Brett: alot lost, wants to give up, gets all the girls
Murray: very focussed, loves his meetings, has a strong belief
Mel: stalker, very weird, but very loyal, not real attractive.

Now all teams have players like these, it will ultimately be who gets the best out of their mystery players will win the big prize.

I think the beatles whilst a very good analogy, What about "Flight of the Concordes"

Jermaine: a little bit lost, might be talented. Has weird dreams.
Brett: alot lost, wants to give up, gets all the girls
Murray: very focussed, loves his meetings, has a strong belief
Mel: stalker, very weird, but very loyal, not real attractive.

Now all teams have players like these, it will ultimately be who gets the best out of their mystery players will win the big prize.

KB take it easy sounding like you've had too many of those Blondes or your still in your white haze!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I fear ESL are only a week away from certain relegation, which is a shame as they seem to be a great bunch of lads. Aquinas still a solid chance of going down with them.

You may be right Grum- if you feel Aquinas will flog Whitefriars?

Id expect Whitefriars would be some chance this week;)

Lets hope so for our survivals sake!!!

nothing on the VAFA website as yet, but can anyone confirm that D1 finals will be held at the snake pit this year ? That's the mail !!

D1 Section
1st Semi Final 30/08/2009 Central Reserve 2pm
2nd Semi Final 29/08/2009 St Bernards 2pm
Preliminary Final 5/09/2009 St Bernards 2pm
Grand Final 12/09/2009 St Bernards 2.15pm

Whats wrong with the snake pit?

Their beer prices, the old fella carrying the trolley in 2007 wanted night club prices for a can. Mind you he had plenty of ice around the cans which was a plus.
SMD win the mantle so far this year with stubbies at $3 and very cold.

Rupppo would be very happy about playing at the snakepit as obviously Werribee would. We lost by 4 pts in the prelim to Old Carey there in 2007 and had a great win in 2006 against Y Valley in a first semi. Good sized ground, should be a great finals series.

Rupppo should be looking to rebound this week over at OMent, should be tough over there.

Glad to see 2 of South's finest released from the St Kilda Hilton in time for tomorrow's big clash...

...thereby ensuring the SMD President doesn't have to pull the boots on again in the curtainraiser?

I hear they're putting on a good spread in the Community Rooms tomorrow for the Bedford/Stephen Cup Showdown #4.

BUT - surely a month's break from reserves' playing duties is enough for the body to repair itself Rosco? It can't be any worse than your last trip to BSO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back