Status
Not open for further replies.

Drifter

Team Captain
May 7, 2007
Toorak
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Here are the starters for 2009 in this seasons finishing order I think...

Rupertswood
Whitefriars
NOBs
Old Mentonians
Fitzroy Reds
SMD
Peninsula
Aquinas
Werribee
Emmaus St Leos

Hope my boys dont end up in that spot:thumbsu:

I'd have Mentone ahead of Friars and Rupo. Can't pass judgement on NOBS, SMD, & Fitzroy, but unless there's some recruiting done both sides coming down will be more likely to finish mid-table knocking on the finals door with Werribee & St.Leos looking pretty strong coming out of D2 (lost 3 games between them).

Wonder what the airfares are for return flights to Sunbury-Mt.Eliza?

I'd have Mentone ahead of Friars and Rupo. Can't pass judgement on NOBS, SMD, & Fitzroy, but unless there's some recruiting done both sides coming down will be more likely to finish mid-table knocking on the finals door with Werribee & St.Leos looking pretty strong coming out of D2 (lost 3 games between them).

Wonder what the airfares are for return flights to Sunbury-Mt.Eliza?

Tell me about the road trips - add Werribee to the above ones as well..

Above wasnt my prediction UM - dont the relegated sides technically have the highest seeding at this stage of the year???

Tell me about the road trips - add Werribee to the above ones as well..

Above wasnt my prediction UM - dont the relegated sides technically have the highest seeding at this stage of the year???

Old Mentonians
Rupertswood
Whitefriars
Fitzroy Reds
NOBs
SMD
Peninsula
Werribee
Emmaus St Leos Aquinas

How bout that?

Old Mentonians
Rupertswood
Whitefriars
Fitzroy Reds
NOBs
SMD
Peninsula
Werribee
Emmaus St Leos Aquinas

How bout that?

Bit early to be making ladder predictions surely...

But Werribee would have to be higher than 8th after only losing one game all year between the seniors and the ressies....

Bit early to be making ladder predictions surely...

But Werribee would have to be higher than 8th after only losing one game all year between the seniors and the ressies....

Never a truer word spoken - Im not predicting yet but will definitely say that Werribee will not be finishing 8th if their list remains intact

NOBs (Will bounce back after disppointing end of year)
Old Mentonians
SMD (Will improve)
Werribee (Very much the dark horse)
Fitzroy Reds (Whispers of losing some quality in 2009)
Rupertswood (Slide will continue)
Whitefriars
Peninsula
St Leos
Aquinas

NOBs (Will bounce back after disppointing end of year)
Old Mentonians
SMD (Will improve)
Werribee (Very much the dark horse)
Fitzroy Reds (Whispers of losing some quality in 2009)
Rupertswood (Slide will continue)
Whitefriars
Peninsula
St Leos
Aquinas
Happy with that

Rupo hope to be more competitive in 09, A very young but very proud club who will be looking to redeem what was a very dissapointing 08. There will be no continue slide.

Well Well harps i am back to haunt you is the hotdog and drink still on the menu as well as a pack of darts for myself and yaga to head to smd .....hahahahahaah

back 2 back premiership assistant good resume hahahah

Happy to resume hostilities with The Tigers and Animals again and great to see my old mates Westie and Drifter getting the ball rolling, looking forward to the banter boys!

Have to agree with Ugly, Rupo will be a force.

Good evening Harps

Yes as the lowest ranked entrant in D1, I'll be looking for support from Westie and yourself this year:thumbsu:

Where is Uncle Mick from??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well Well harps i am back to haunt you is the hotdog and drink still on the menu as well as a pack of darts for myself and yaga to head to smd .....hahahahahaah

back 2 back premiership assistant good resume hahahah

As the last coach to taste success against your boys i'll give you and Yaga one last chance to leave the dark side, applications close 19/9/08;)

Good evening Harps

Yes as the lowest ranked entrant in D1, I'll be looking for support from Westie and yourself this year:thumbsu:

Where is Uncle Mick from??

Hampton rovers I think:confused:

As the last coach to taste success against your boys i'll give you and Yaga one last chance to leave the dark side, applications close 19/9/08;)

Hampton rovers I think:confused:

Correct.

I'll make one (and only one) prediction for 2009 - SMD's reserves will improve on their 2008 record. A change of coach will breathe fresh air into that team for sure. :thumbsu:

Ditto for Fitzroy's reserves (oops, that's 2 predictions). ;)

Correct.

I'll make one (and only one) prediction for 2009 - SMD's reserves will improve on their 2008 record. A change of coach will breathe fresh air into that team for sure. :thumbsu:

Ditto for Fitzroy's reserves (oops, that's 2 predictions). ;)

Me thinks the Werribee 2's will test yourself and Harps - master coaches though you are

Good to be back Harps, but you may not be happy to have me back as you will find out. Great to see Werribee 1's and 2's win flags along with our under 18b's and 18a's. New clubrooms are currently under construction at a cost of $643,000. Senior coach re-signed with a huge sign on contract, TWO hot dogs and a can of coke. We hope to be competitive as we will lose a couple of players. Yaga has announced his retirement. Great servant of the club.

Me thinks the Werribee 2's will test yourself and Harps - master coaches though you are

Sadly, due to burgeoning media commitments, neither of us are coaching our clubs' reserves sides in 2009. Pity the poor fellas who inherit our legacy.

Sadly, due to burgeoning media commitments, neither of us are coaching our clubs' reserves sides in 2009. Pity the poor fellas who inherit our legacy.

Where to next Fraser? any senior jobs on the horizon? You may be the man for South, closer to home and with the news of Yagabomb's retirement we'll have plenty of dim sims to add into a very competitive package.

Good to have a Werribee influence back on hear. Wasnt the same playing without the trip to the poo farm this year. With the road trips next year we should all rack up some fair frequent flyer points.

Ahh Harper, how coincidental that you would post when I was wanting to question you re some goings on at your club.
Is it true, as suggested and to be honest held with utter disbelief by all in the VAFA circles that matter, including Headquarters, that Killer was reappointed at the end of the season, as he should have been, yet you in your great wisdom, sacked him 10 days later when you became President?
We, the ones who are in the know in the circles that count, are led to believe that this was driven by your underperforming, no name players. Can you confirm or will you deny? Should we be calling you Eddie? Should the tail be wagging the dog?
Now Fraser, stay out of this please! By the way Harps, congrats on the Presidency and I hope it all goes well.

for anyone who thinks that mentone are going to be a force... i think at this early stage are very much miss guided.

these names will not be playing:
cochran
snow
wiltshire
graham
fairbanks. b.
mcgee

there will be lots of changes. like all vafa clubs. but losing these names could mean a long, long season.

Ahh Harper, how coincidental that you would post when I was wanting to question you re some goings on at your club.
Is it true, as suggested and to be honest held with utter disbelief by all in the VAFA circles that matter, including Headquarters, that Killer was reappointed at the end of the season, as he should have been, yet you in your great wisdom, sacked him 10 days later when you became President?
We, the ones who are in the know in the circles that count, are led to believe that this was driven by your underperforming, no name players. Can you confirm or will you deny? Should we be calling you Eddie? Should the tail be wagging the dog?
Now Fraser, stay out of this please! By the way Harps, congrats on the Presidency and I hope it all goes well.

Brian, never let the facts get in the way of a good yarn mate, headquarters and your mate Fraser have my number I'm sure they can pass it on if you'd like to have chat about the circumstances of Killer's departure. I think I've learnt now not to air the laundry on big footy and will use the forum for what it should be used for, hanging sh!t on Werribee and Fitzroy;) I await your call.

I think I've learnt now not to air the laundry on big footy and will use the forum for what it should be used for, hanging sh!t on Werribee and Fitzroy;) I await your call.

What about the rest of us who are dying to know? Wouldn't it be easier to tell it once here, get it out in the open, tell the truth and shame the devil? It'd end the speculation, quash the rumours and enhance your street credibility. You've already started off following Eddie's lead, with your own TV show and weekly columns, use your media persona to spread the Districts word.

Your public demands it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back