D1 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are you implying Half Back Pocket? It's D1 Ammos for f*cks sake, we're not playing for sheep stations. Go accuse St Bede's Mentone or one of the private schools for their "expenses", not Fitzroy.

Live in Fawkner, barrack for St Kilda... what a winning combination.

Very clever personal attack, you've really hurt my feelings!

Not implying that Reds payed anyone at all. "Expenses" can mean a whole range of things. Maybe you should put your hand up to join the Clubs committee...then you'd know what "expenses" the club incurs. Increased Coach Wages, Assistant Coach, Reserves Coach, General Manager, New Leases on equipment/Infastructures, not to mention: paying off existing debt, Mismanagement, Theft??? How did your club lose $40,000 in 2 years?

How did your club lose $40,000 in 2 years?
It's my understanding that a substantial amount of those losses were as a result of a disfunctional 2nd Club 18 side that didn't pay any subs, and didn't want anything to do with the club. It was a very expensive free ride.
To the President's and the committee's credit, they got rid of the team because it was full of dropkicks and w***ers and treated the team like it was a seperate club. They took a lot, and gave nothing but grief in return. I had a few mates in the 1st Club 18 side at the time and they couldn't stand them. Like most of the club really.

The Reds got caught up in the sub-prime mess like many other clubs with multi-national investment portfolios HBP. I believe our llama ranch in Argentina is still going great guns though.

Turning to on-field rumour-mongering now, are there any coaching/player movements for 09 worth talking about?

The Reds got caught up in the sub-prime mess like many other clubs with multi-national investment portfolios HBP. I believe our llama ranch in Argentina is still going great guns though.

Turning to on-field rumour-mongering now, are there any coaching/player movements for 09 worth talking about?
There's a whisper that Crawf might be heading to Brunswick Street. He's heard that someone needs to knock off "The Sack" in the beep test real soon.

Couple of big losses for SMD already for next year. The reigning league B & F Sebastian Mahoney will be overseas and miss the whole season. Also former 2nd's B & F Sam Waldon will be moving to Queensland.

All the best to both players and hopefully they will be back in 2010.

There's a whisper that Crawf might be heading to Brunswick Street. He's heard that someone needs to knock off "The Sack" in the beep test real soon.

Talking of whispers, can you confirm the Reds coach is standing down in order to play and will be replaced by someone very close to him?

Couple of big losses for SMD already for next year. The reigning league B & F Sebastian Mahoney will be overseas and miss the whole season. Also former 2nd's B & F Sam Waldon will be moving to Queensland.

All the best to both players and hopefully they will be back in 2010.

Granted a league B&F winner will leave a hole, but is a 2nds B&F winner really a big loss?

Anyone who plays clubbies is a w***er in my book, not because their shit at footy either, there just a bunch of tools!

Granted a league B&F winner will leave a hole, but is a 2nds B&F winner really a big loss?

Sam will be a big loss, his 2006 reserves B&F came without turning up to a training session due to work and school. Had an average 2007 by his standards, once again without training. By round 4 in 2008 he had 15 votes out of a possible 15 in the 2's B&F then played the rest of the season in the one's and performed well, he even made it to training every week. In a nutshell, the kid can play and will be back at SMD after a hitting the books in QLD. Good luck to him and to Sabba.

Sam will be a big loss, his 2006 reserves B&F came without turning up to a training session due to work and school. Had an average 2007 by his standards, once again without training. By round 4 in 2008 he had 15 votes out of a possible 15 in the 2's B&F then played the rest of the season in the one's and performed well, he even made it to training every week. In a nutshell, the kid can play and will be back at SMD after a hitting the books in QLD. Good luck to him and to Sabba.

Spot on Harps, thats why they made you president.

Good signs with Jack Cronan having a massive off season. Has bulked up significantly since last year and his hamstring problems are behind him. Watch out D1, this kid can play. Had 30 goals after 5 rounds last year for a small forward. Shoudl push up to the midfield next year.

Talking of whispers, can you confirm the Reds coach is standing down in order to play and will be replaced by someone very close to him?

Nup - Jimmy Taylor remains the senior coach, and Mike Wallis is the senior assistant.

We saw 26 lads at the Princes Park time trial last Monday, with 18 backing up for the Thursday session in 34 degree heat. Once uni/school exams finish, we hope to see many more, but this is a good start, and far better than the previous 2 seasons.

Good to see half a dozen new lads, and quite a bit of height amongst them too!!

Spot on Harps, thats why they made you president.

Good signs with Jack Cronan having a massive off season. Has bulked up significantly since last year and his hamstring problems are behind him. Watch out D1, this kid can play. Had 30 goals after 5 rounds last year for a small forward. Shoudl push up to the midfield next year.

Word is Jack can now drink a whole Carlton Cold without a dash of raspberry cordial, this alone is a massive milestone in Jack's development:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nup - Jimmy Taylor remains the senior coach, and Mike Wallis is the senior assistant.

We saw 26 lads at the Princes Park time trial last Monday, with 18 backing up for the Thursday session in 34 degree heat. Once uni/school exams finish, we hope to see many more, but this is a good start, and far better than the previous 2 seasons.

Good to see half a dozen new lads, and quite a bit of height amongst them too!!

Looking forward to the release of the TAC's new adverts featuring one JT of Fitzroy, 4n20, Big M fame. If he performs as admirally in front of the Reds this year then look out D1!

Looking forward to the release of the TAC's new adverts

Currently in post-production at Cinevex I take it?

Will have to run that one by the lads this week - to see if we can get a rise out of our usually unflappable cockroach.

If the reds don’t play in Finals it will be a poor forum…. everything spoken is about the Reds.

Anyone got some interesting news on any other clubs?

Maybe can anyone comment on the worst ground surface wise for 09 in D1?

If we are to talk about the premiere grounds, good size for free flowing football.

Mentone
NOBS
Friars

If the reds don’t play in Finals it will be a poor forum…. everything spoken is about the Reds.

If we are to talk about the premiere grounds, good size for free flowing football.

Mentone
NOBS
Friars

NOBS is a Sh!t ground... everytime i have played there it has been windy and kicking is impossible.

Mentone
NOBS
Friars
Sorry Camry, I could have sworn you just said "Friars". Was that supposed to be in the worst, or the "premiere" column ? :confused:

Mappa

maybe you should actually get your facts right and know what is happening to the clubs and grounds and people around you.

Whitefriars have been off their home ground for the entire of season 2008. It was closed at the end of August 2007, the day after the last game of that season, and will not be reopened till early next year for football. The whole gorund has been redone, surface and all, and will be THE PREMIER ground available.

It is large, and offers both teams a chance to kick goals at either end, with no real advantage. The surface is like a bowling green, and with the work being dont on it now, and still to come, and the maintenance throughout the season, you will be begging to move clubs and play out ib the ground yourself!!!

make sure you do your homework next time, find out what is actually happening with the clubs that you will be playing next year. It may mean you actually make sensible comments that are factual!!!

At least you didnt say that your home ground is one of the premier grounds!!! That would have just made you look totally stupid

I am looking forward to seeing how Werribee stack up this year against better opposition. Emmaus too. Both were by far and away the best 2 in D2.

Werribee are very young too, so i think development in thier kids will hold them in good stead.

It will be interesting to see them against South Melb, as two years ago, SMD smashed the tigers in a final, just to see if Werribee have bridged the gap and if they are capable of making an impact on the D1 section.

unfortunatley for most of you, its a long road trip to get out to soldiers reserve!

Mappa

maybe you should actually get your facts right and know what is happening to the clubs and grounds and people around you.

Whitefriars have been off their home ground for the entire of season 2008. It was closed at the end of August 2007, the day after the last game of that season, and will not be reopened till early next year for football. The whole gorund has been redone, surface and all, and will be THE PREMIER ground available.

It is large, and offers both teams a chance to kick goals at either end, with no real advantage. The surface is like a bowling green, and with the work being dont on it now, and still to come, and the maintenance throughout the season, you will be begging to move clubs and play out ib the ground yourself!!!

make sure you do your homework next time, find out what is actually happening with the clubs that you will be playing next year. It may mean you actually make sensible comments that are factual!!!

At least you didnt say that your home ground is one of the premier grounds!!! That would have just made you look totally stupid
Had a bad day did you IJLMF ? Nothing quite like just teeing off from the back tees to get your point across.

I was one of the unfortunate souls who played on the ground in Round 18 2007. The ground was bloody awful to put it mildly and that's what I was basing my comments on. If it has been completely redone, then all credit to the Friars and I look forward to having a run around on it, and then if it is as good as you say, perhaps roll a few ends after the final siren :D

In terms of doing my homework, I am hardly going to drive to Donvale just for the hell of it, and as we were in different grades last year, I didn't care to read up on the C Grade boards. Perhaps get http://www.whitefriars.footballvic.com.au/ up and running and put some shots up there to show it off.

A steaming pile of dog turds would've been a better surface than Whitefriars in 2007. No offence. None taken? Good.

This time of year sucks. Cricket (which is looking crap already) hasn't started, no footy, only the ponies and dishlickers.

Had a bad day did you IJLMF ? Nothing quite like just teeing off from the back tees to get your point across.

I was one of the unfortunate souls who played on the ground in Round 18 2007. The ground was bloody awful to put it mildly and that's what I was basing my comments on. If it has been completely redone, then all credit to the Friars and I look forward to having a run around on it, and then if it is as good as you say, perhaps roll a few ends after the final siren :D

In terms of doing my homework, I am hardly going to drive to Donvale just for the hell of it, and as we were in different grades last year, I didn't care to read up on the C Grade boards. Perhaps get http://www.whitefriars.footballvic.com.au/ up and running and put some shots up there to show it off.

Advantage....Mappa.

Maybe IJLMF would care to give us a ground report on Soldiers Reserve Werribee? Get back to us by the end of the week thanks.

I've tried to get a kick out there twice, in 2004 and 2007. The first time, it was in pretty good nick, nice even cover, but a bit boggy (I know it sounds ridiculous now). It was simply the angle of the ground and it's exposure to the element which I felt created a really good home ground advantage for the Friars.

As for the 2007 experience, well quite frankly:

1. it had more sand on it than Elwood Beach, I half expected we would strip down to our budgie-smugglers and start some beach sprints;

2. however, the centre square wicket area managed to resemble the 3rd runway at Tullamarine Airport,

3. Unless they've excavated down 5 metres into the hill on the interchange wing, and levelled the whole thing, it will still tilt about 7 degrees from the changerooms down to the north-west corner. If it is now a bowling green, then there will still be a solid bias to the scoreboard end.

4. As for being a decent size, gimme a break, unless they've sown some lovely couch grass onto the bitumen behind the eastern goals, it's still a bloody small ground. Two kicks going downhill, three coming back up it.

Conclusion: it was in awful condition last time it saw any public sporting activity (hence the school closed it down immediately). Now, we wait with bated breath to view the glory that will be the 2009 version. I trust it will have put its 18 months out of footy to great use and, just like Ben Cousins, it will have gone through a complete and effective rehabilitation.

Ahh, I do love a good comeback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back