D1 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who cares about Fitzroy Reds changing their name to Fitzroy... Will it make them play better footy??? No its just a name. FFS it doesn't make a difference on the field.

True - the change in name and administrative structure will have absolutely no immediate direct impact on-field.

However the off-field potential is great and, if approached correctly, will enable the club to raise its profile, membership and sponsorship revenue immensely. The flow-on effect should be better support services and facilities at our disposal and little or no cost.

If this means a few more talented players gravitate to Fitzroy in the next couple of months, or the next couple of years, then we may be able to further bolster our playing stocks.

In conclusion, I can't see our playing list diminishing in strength as a result of this merger, but there's plenty of scope for it to improve instead.

Can they afford drums??[/quote]

A bit unfair on Rupertswood !

.....a well organised Club which lost lots of players last year...
Their previous years show they are not to be taken lightly...and if some of their players are returning, D1 will be on their agenda !

harps how are things lookin down at smd ?? heard there gettin great numbers to trainin ?? any recruits that d1 should no about ??

Solid numbers at training NQR, the first night I trained we outnumbered AJAX, which is the first time I've seen that since being at the club. We've had quite a few new faces and some returning players who look great. Last pre-christmas session next Wednesday will involve a game of cricket and a bit of a BBQ which no doubt will bring a few out.

harps how are things lookin down at smd ?? heard there gettin great numbers to trainin ?? any recruits that d1 should no about ??

Aqualina, M.Costello, Kealy, Cronan and A.Hannan have all hit the track together pre christmas for the first time in 4 years. That can only be good.
Expecting big things this year

Aqualina, M.Costello, Kealy, Cronan and A.Hannan have all hit the track together pre christmas for the first time in 4 years. That can only be good.

No one really cares. Old Mentone had 45 on the park on wednesday. It means nothing pre xmas. Its a load of BS who is training and who isn't. Lets see who is in the teams in Round 1...

PS:
Snips, stop the cr@p no one likes what you write its not funny and gives Mentone a bad name.

Solid numbers at training NQR, the first night I trained we outnumbered AJAX, which is the first time I've seen that since being at the club. We've had quite a few new faces and some returning players who look great. Last pre-christmas session next Wednesday will involve a game of cricket and a bit of a BBQ which no doubt will bring a few out.
haha the old bbq a few stubbies and a cpl snags will always get a few more faces down might even make an apperance myself lol not that i need anymore of the 2 haha

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No one really cares. Old Mentone had 45 on the park on wednesday. It means nothing pre xmas. Its a load of BS who is training and who isn't. Lets see who is in the teams in Round 1...

PS:
Snips, stop the cr@p no one likes what you write its not funny and gives Mentone a bad name.
i tend to disagree panther i played for the port colts the last 2 years we started pre season mid jan-feb and we lost 2 grannys in the last qtr to spotswood (who we beat both times through out the season) who started pre season at the start of nov with there full list ???
so does pre christmas training mean nothin ??:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

i tend to disagree panther i played for the port colts the last 2 years we started pre season mid jan-feb and we lost 2 grannys in the last qtr to spotswood (who we beat both times through out the season) who started pre season at the start of nov with there full list ???
so does pre christmas training mean nothin ??:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Well, NOBS did 367 seesions before christmas lsat year, started 10-0 then went 3-7 from thier last ten, including an insipid straight sets finals exit.

So did their pre-chrsitmas training help them when it mattered?

Well, NOBS did 367 seesions before christmas lsat year, started 10-0 then went 3-7 from thier last ten, including an insipid straight sets finals exit.

So did their pre-chrsitmas training help them when it mattered?
so if pre season trainin befor xmas means nothin then why do the afl do it ?? vfl ?? tac cup ?? pretty much every league in aus do it ?? maybe nobs early start to pre season was the reason they went 10-0 ?? were injuries apart of this ?? loss of form ?? maybe just a lack of depth or maybe got a lil ahead of themselves then couldnt handle the pressure when teams challenged them a second time ??
i personly had my best 3 seasons when i was in the tac cup and started pre season... wait.... you guessed it befor xmas.......

so if pre season trainin befor xmas means nothin then why do the afl do it ?? vfl ?? tac cup ?? pretty much every league in aus do it ?? maybe nobs early start to pre season was the reason they went 10-0 ?? were injuries apart of this ?? loss of form ?? maybe just a lack of depth or maybe got a lil ahead of themselves then couldnt handle the pressure when teams challenged them a second time ??
i personly had my best 3 seasons when i was in the tac cup and started pre season... wait.... you guessed it befor xmas.......

Firstly, I don't recall saying it " means nothing". I was merely pointing out that you could equally show where lots of pre christmas didnt help a side just as you tried to show where it allegedly did.

To compare AFL, TAC etc to D1 ammos is plain stupid. Yes I agree that their pre-season helped them get to 10-0 but so what? It didnt help them when it mattered.

Some handy players IKOABD but I wouldn't be to excited about Cronan,you'd be better off without him,likes to play for himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back