D1 - 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations to Andrew Hannan in winning the SMD best and fairest last night. A fantastic effort for a bloke to come back from a life threatening illness and show such consistancy in a very difficult year. A great reward for effort

David Robson won the reserves b&f.

Hopefully with a new coach, new prez, refreshed committee and an improving playing group we'll return to D1 stronger in 2012.

Werribee by 30 in today's big one.

The trumpet will sound and the battle will begin.
The tigers will try.
The tears will flow.
Go Ashes!

Trev out - it's been fun (i'm off to C grade)

Trumpets blown, will be a loud night in werribee town!

Go Tigers!

Hey TT, will it be a double celebration with the U19s?
I presume they rolled those Fitzroy cheats this morning?

Cheers

Grum

Nah mate, 19s got done by 9 points I think

Tate mccuctheon, stef callea, spud Murphy, wiggy Taylor and Wayne pelar were terrific for the tiges.

Monash had a red hot crack. Kicked the first 3 goals of the game. Werribee then kicked 9 of the next 11 and by half time the result was almost beyond doubt.

Congratulations to Andrew Hannan in winning the SMD best and fairest last night. A fantastic effort for a bloke to come back from a life threatening illness and show such consistancy in a very difficult year. A great reward for effort

David Robson won the reserves b&f.

Hopefully with a new coach, new prez, refreshed committee and an improving playing group we'll return to D1 stronger in 2012.

Werribee by 30 in today's big one.

Doesn't this belong on the D2 board?

Tate mccuctheon, stef callea, spud Murphy, wiggy Taylor and Wayne pelar we terrific for the tiges.

Monash had a red hot crack. Kicked the first 3 goals of the game. Werribee then kicked 9 of the next 11 and by half time the result was almost beyond doubt.

Werribee too good, their field kicking excellent. Monash had a go but could not really impose themselves with T Mck, Young and Smyth not able to get much run going. Werribee ruckman outstanding and worthy medal winner in my view. In hindsight, Monash should have played big Jim Mack to at least square the ruck contest.

No flags for the Ashes as the Ressies were also rolled in an upset. Still a good season to bounce straight back to C and with young quality players such as Ree-Goodings, Cunnington, McKenzie etc, the Ashes will be OK.

Impressed with Werribee and look forward to future clashes. Had a chat with their captain in the carpark on the way out and seemed a good lad. Not sure I want to see him mid next week as it sounds like a messy few days to come!!

Great to see so many Monash legends at the game. Well done to Macca and his committee and also to Powelly and coaches.

Les out.

In hindsight, Monash should have played big Jim Mack to at least square the ruck

How he didn't get a gig is unbelievable. What a joke, way to look after the yound talent at the club. If I was big Jim I would seriously consider my options for next year. Knowing how loyal he is, he prob won't.

Oh well, Monash return to C grade with 2 grand final losses. Will the older brigade that got them back there step up again next year? I doubt it, but only time will tell.

How he didn't get a gig is unbelievable. What a joke, way to look after the yound talent at the club. If I was big Jim I would seriously consider my options for next year. Knowing how loyal he is, he prob won't.

Oh well, Monash return to C grade with 2 grand final losses. Will the older brigade that got them back there step up again next year? I doubt it, but only time will tell.

Wrong on 3 counts brother:

1. Big Jim will be back bigger and better next year in a Monash jumper.
2. His spot was taken by a 19 year old, so no issue with youth there.
3. What "older brigade"? 2 out of the top 3 in the B&F will be players under 21 years old.

Great stuff red hot saveloys!!!

For a club that was on the brink of demotion to D3 in 2006, they have done an outstanding job in rebuilding.

Great job by all involved with the club..........a few froffies in the coming days I would suggest.

Wrong on 3 counts brother:

1. Big Jim will be back bigger and better next year in a Monash jumper.
2. His spot was taken by a 19 year old, so no issue with youth there.
3. What "older brigade"? 2 out of the top 3 in the B&F will be players under 21 years old.

Les.

I actually agreed with you on Jim. He won't leave because he is a loyal bloke.

Flanagan, macca is a lot better then him. The bloke played in the big V last year for the c-d4 team.

Monash definitely have some good youngsters (t.Mckenzie, beck etc) but from maybe the 15-22 players the older blokes will need to stand up and I'm unsure at this stage if they will. Just my opinion mate, take it as you will.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For a club that was on the brink of demotion to D3 in 2006, they have done an outstanding job in rebuilding.

Great job by all involved with the club..........a few froffies in the coming days I would suggest.

Jugganaught continues to roll panda.

A- grade here we come! Lol

Nearly demoted out of d3 to d4 wasn't it? Then got promoted to d2 year after, when they lost to st.johns.

Congratulations to Kirk and the the Werribee team. They were focussed on winning the flag from November last year. Special thanks to Chris Burton who gave the team the fitness required to run out the games and win the ultimate prize.
Special mention to Tritta, Tate and Scud who came up from the two's and played all season along with Outa from the 18's and improved the side to become 2010 Premiers.
Congatulations to Steff Callea on coming back to the club after playing his junior games at Werribee and being in the best all year and being invited to the VAFA vote count tonight.
Congrats goes to Aaron Taylor on Leading Goalkicker for the Comp
Very proud of what the Club has achieved in winning two flags in 3 years.
Would like to compliment Monash on reaching the Grand Final and moving back up to C Grade. Thought they showed great character in staying and watching all the Werribee boys get their Medallions after the Granny. Good Stuff. I know we will have a great rivalry next year.
To all the posters and especially TT, it was good to get all the Banter.
From me its over and out till next year in Premier C :D :heart::footy:

Just quickly - Monash people were superb throughout the day. Would have been hard, losing the two games, but they represented thier club very well.
Their players tried thier guts out too. They were all spent, as were the Werribee boys, and there was not one player who didnt throw the kitchen sink at it.

Was very impressed with standards both on and off the field. Look forward to more battles this coming season.

Well done tiges - Hopefully Steff gets the medal tonight, he was stiff not to get it on saturday as his first half was nothing short of brilliant! Tate was just as good though.

Just quickly - Monash people were superb throughout the day. Would have been hard, losing the two games, but they represented thier club very well.
Their players tried thier guts out too. They were all spent, as were the Werribee boys, and there was not one player who didnt throw the kitchen sink at it.

Was very impressed with standards both on and off the field. Look forward to more battles this coming season.

Well done tiges - Hopefully Steff gets the medal tonight, he was stiff not to get it on saturday as his first half was nothing short of brilliant! Tate was just as good though.

Hate being losers, but I suppose we might as well be good losers!! I thought your boys played the game in the right way and the coach spoke very well after the presentation - well done.

Lets not get too friendly TT, hope to smash you so bad next year you will never want to see a Monash jumper again!!

Hate being losers, but I suppose we might as well be good losers!! I thought your boys played the game in the right way and the coach spoke very well after the presentation - well done.

Lets not get too friendly TT, hope to smash you so bad next year you will never want to see a Monash jumper again!!

Don't get me wrong - your all still maggots. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back