D1 - 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can Therry win every game and win the Premiership?
When was the last time this was done?

The last Champion team in VAFA was Uni Blacks in Division 1 2004.

The last team to win back-to-back Div 2 and Div 1 flags was Oakleigh (2006-07).

In 2008 they finished 3rd in Premier C, before losing the 2009 grand final.

They lasted 2010-2012 in Premier B, but finished second last in 2012.

They've spent the last two seasons in Premier C.

The last Champion team in VAFA was Uni Blacks in Division 1 2004.

The last team to win back-to-back Div 2 and Div 1 flags was Oakleigh (2006-07).

In 2008 they finished 3rd in Premier C, before losing the 2009 grand final.

They lasted 2010-2012 in Premier B, but finished second last in 2012.

They've spent the last two seasons in Premier C.
Check Div 3 2011 - Prahran Assumption Premiers & Champions

Round 18

Spring is here, I will go against my theory of home advantage,
Geelong
Williamstown
NOB's
Therry
Yarra valley

Good Luck

Round 18

Spring is here, I will go against my theory of home advantage,
Geelong
Williamstown
NOB's
Therry
Yarra valley

Good Luck

How do Prahan loose by 20 goals last week to 2nd n the ladder then back up beating the 3rd team by 90 odd points???

How do Prahan loose by 20 goals last week to 2nd n the ladder then back up beating the 3rd team by 90 odd points???
I'd have thought it was because NOB's focusing on next week against the Oggers and resting players as nothing to play for. An educated and smart move given BT were never going to beat Williamstown.

I'd have thought it was because NOB's focusing on next week against the Oggers and resting players as nothing to play for. An educated and smart move given BT were never going to beat Williamstown.

Agree on resting players at this time of year, I'm sure Williamstown possibly did also given they were playing BT. A quick look shows Nobs had out 4 players with more than 10 games out, so you would think they would have covered with depth. My question was more directed at Prahan and the 35 goal turn around playing two top 4 teams in the last two weeks.

Good Luck to each of the teams next week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree on resting players at this time of year, I'm sure Williamstown possibly did also given they were playing BT. A quick look shows Nobs had out 4 players with more than 10 games out, so you would think they would have covered with depth. My question was more directed at Prahan and the 35 goal turn around playing two top 4 teams in the last two weeks.

Good Luck to each of the teams next week
PA's win yesterday supported the theory that 90% of football is determined above the shoulders (& what a motivator emotion is.) Couple that with the return of 6 key players returning to form after injury and you have a more accurate depiction of how good PA really were in season 2014. To say the win was the result of NOBs resting players takes away from how good PA actually were.

PA's win yesterday supported the theory that 90% of football is determined above the shoulders (& what a motivator emotion is.) Couple that with the return of 6 key players returning to form after injury and you have a more accurate depiction of how good PA really were in season 2014. To say the win was the result of NOBs resting players takes away from how good PA actually were.

The most accurate description if how good a team was in 2014 is the ladder at the end of rd 18.
They finished 6th with 8 wins and 10 losses.

Well there you go then. Simple as that, hey

Yup.

Unless you suggest the VAFA award PA the D1 flag on the basis of performing when their emotions were positive and their best players available.

I daresay another 5 clubs who just finished up in D1 would love the same overly generous consideration too.

Can Therry be beaten or are they home?
Get on Oggers for this weekend, NOBS might struggle against younger opponent.
Of the teams that finished up looks like OMs and PA had some very good weekends but not enough. At their best they were very competitive.

Can Therry be beaten or are they home?
Get on Oggers for this weekend, NOBS might struggle against younger opponent.
Of the teams that finished up looks like OMs and PA had some very good weekends but not enough. At their best they were very competitive.

Therry will ace the finals, NOBs will give Willy a scare in the prelim. after disposing or OGs this weekend. Willy deserve to go up so as long as they aren't too deflated when TP whip them, they will get a second crack

FWIW - straight forward finals series although I hope Jarrod Bannister didnt miss for injury last week? 1 will play 2 in the GF.
Is Scribe still at Whitefriars or has he moved on? Refer to coaching post

Therry will ace the finals, NOBs will give Willy a scare in the prelim. after disposing or OGs this weekend. Willy deserve to go up so as long as they aren't too deflated when TP whip them, they will get a second crack

Also, Willy will be fuming from their clubbies GF loss to Richmond Central :)

FWIW - straight forward finals series although I hope Jarrod Bannister didnt miss for injury last week? 1 will play 2 in the GF.
Is Scribe still at Whitefriars or has he moved on? Refer to coaching post

We always advertise each year. All indications are he wants to continue in 2015 and will re-apply.

Please don't set up straw man accounts for the purposes of trolling.
Finally the business end of the season has come
It's been a long successful year... boring at times, but finally Therry Penola can put an end to this and be undefeated champions

We are a 10 goal better team than the next best and am looking forward to Premier C next year where things won't get so boring

I'll be front row to the Bannister show this week as I play alongside him and 20 other blokes in a winning final

Who cares about the result of the other final, they aren't going to beat Therry Penola regardless

It's been a long successful year... boring at times, but finally Therry Penola can put an end to this and be undefeated champions

We are a 10 goal better team than the next best and am looking forward to Premier C next year where things won't get so boring

I'll be front row to the Bannister show this week as I play alongside him and 20 other blokes in a winning final

Who cares about the result of the other final, they aren't going to beat Therry Penola regardless

Some nuffer pretending to be a Therry player.

Been a great season to date. Congrats to all the teams that have finished up. Agree with previous posters, men tone and PA were good at times this year so they both have a lot to work with. If you go back to my earlier posts you will see i predicted whitefriars to be right at the bottom, which was the case. As for the finals should be two cracking games this w/end! Im guessing therry will get over willy this week. as for the other game could go either way but with NOBS capitulating last week, I'm gonna go for old geelong. I personally believe willy will be too strong in the end for old geelong and will then take momentum into the GF Where Therry will have a lot of pressure on them to win the flag. On a dry pitch i honestly believe the slick ball movement of Willy will be too much for Therry and they also won't know what to do when in a losing position and may choke. It happens a lot to undefeated sides. Anyway its only my opinion. To win the league bnf would have to be Bannister, absolutely dominated this division, my other smokeie would be Jack Gray, who on his day is absolutely unstoppable. Good luck to everyone involved..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back