• South Melbourne

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yarra Valley

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
South Melbourne and NOBS are the lucky team this week. Eyes on the ball, boys, eyes on the ball...

Id say SMD will also be pumped being it is killers old team and likewise NOBS for the same reason! I think the result will be at least 6 or 7 goals, however expect SMD to be in front or close to it at quarter time. Also congrats sleepy on 200 games

Id say SMD will also be pumped being it is killers old team and likewise NOBS for the same reason! I think the result will be at least 6 or 7 goals, however expect SMD to be in front or close to it at quarter time. Also congrats sleepy on 200 games

It seems every week we are playing against a team Killer used to coach. South are yet to get off to a flyer this year, will need to pull the finger out early if we plan on sending North home with their first defeat this year.

Shouldn't be a problem getting water boys for the ones this week then.

Just might be a problem getting them to deliver water to the players - their focus may be elsewhere.

I have visions of SMD guys in yellows shirts chasing after a boundary umpire offering her a drink, and maybe their phone number?

Killer - much travelled, much loved. :thumbsu:

Old Ment to def Fitz by 16pts
Old Geel to def Aquinas by 27pts
Bulleen Temp to def Yarra by 40pts
Prahran to def Pen by 8pts
NOBS to def South Melb by 36pts

Well I turned up as predicted to watch Scribe in action and stayed for the seniors. I thought it would be a close game, well you know what thought did!

19.19.133 to 3.12.30, with the Reds having a 10 goal 8 last quarter. I bet the nectars afterwards in the bowls club tasted very sweet.

Well I turned up as predicted to watch Scribe in action and stayed for the seniors. I thought it would be a close game, well you know what thought did!

19.19.133 to 3.12.30, with the Reds having a 10 goal 8 last quarter. I bet the nectars afterwards in the bowls club tasted very sweet.

Still reckon it was closer than the scores suggest. We had a plan to keep a couple of their guns quiet (which worked) and having Davis back for his first game helped our backline no end. They lost their ruckmen early and another to concussion soon afterwards.

OMs should've been closer at halftime, just didn't kick the goals they needed to, and this trend continued through the 3rd. Only 38 points at the final change, (9.11 to 3.9) and we needed to shut the gate with the first goal. Once we got that, OMs put the cue in the rack, and it ended up being a runaway percentage booster.

No doubt their line-up yesterday was way off the side which should've got into C section last year, and I presume this is a combination of the young fellas backpacking and perhaps a few injuries? They were a good bunch of blokes, in both matches, and the game was played in great conditions and in good spirit.

No such issues at Fitzroy - we were only 1 off full strength. Looking forward to a great game out at the Palace of Ted Ajani against ugly's boys. 2nd versus 3rd in what should be a willing contest given the recent history of these clubs (i.e. that amazing U19 GF of 2006!)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still reckon it was closer than the scores suggest. We had a plan to keep a couple of their guns quiet (which worked) and having Davis back for his first game helped our backline no end. They lost their ruckmen early and another to concussion soon afterwards.

OMs should've been closer at halftime, just didn't kick the goals they needed to, and this trend continued through the 3rd. Only 38 points at the final change, (9.11 to 3.9) and we needed to shut the gate with the first goal. Once we got that, OMs put the cue in the rack, and it ended up being a runaway percentage booster.

No doubt their line-up yesterday was way off the side which should've got into C section last year, and I presume this is a combination of the young fellas backpacking and perhaps a few injuries? They were a good bunch of blokes, in both matches, and the game was played in great conditions and in good spirit.

No such issues at Fitzroy - we were only 1 off full strength. Looking forward to a great game out at the Palace of Ted Ajani against ugly's boys. 2nd versus 3rd in what should be a willing contest given the recent history of these clubs (i.e. that amazing U19 GF of 2006!)[/QUOTE]

(of which we don't speak Frase)

South's longstanding home game winning streak is over. It was 1105 days between Werribee taking the chocolates way back in May 2005 and NOB's winning last Saturday (after a final quarter scare mind you).

Very entertaining game played in excellent spirits, great turnout from the North boys in the rooms post match. Thanks Fellas!

I can also report that after putting down my magnet board and picking up a yellow polo and water bottles that Em (boundary umpire) was extremely impressed with the work of South's water carrying team and we hope to see her at many more SMD games. ;)

Her Brother was also in great form with his whistle blowing.

South's longstanding home game winning streak is over. It was 1105 days between Werribee taking the chocolates way back in May 2005 and NOB's winning last Saturday (after a final quarter scare mind you).

quote]

Quality Home win streak Harps....

Anyone know of what the longest is??

No such issues at Fitzroy - we were only 1 off full strength. Looking forward to a great game out at the Palace of Ted Ajani against ugly's boys. 2nd versus 3rd in what should be a willing contest given the recent history of these clubs (i.e. that amazing U19 GF of 2006!)

Scribe what was so amazing about this grand final?

lol....yeah Frase. I can't remember exactly what happened after 3/4 time!!!!:D:D

Fortunately, I was still schlepping around at Old Trinity in 2006, so I have no direct knowledge (and no responsibility;)). Word was it was a similar last quarter to the one the Reds just rolled out against OMs last Saturday.

Suffice to say the demons were essentially exorcised on-fieldby our remaining U19 lads 12 months later. Far more effective than electronic shock therapy!:D

Bound to get a run in some sledging this Saturday. Frankly, I'd be disappointed if it doesn't :p

Fortunately, I was still schlepping around at Old Trinity in 2006, so I have no direct knowledge (and no responsibility;)). Word was it was a similar last quarter to the one the Reds just rolled out against OMs last Saturday.

Suffice to say the demons were essentially exorcised on-fieldby our remaining U19 lads 12 months later. Far more effective than electronic shock therapy!:D

Bound to get a run in some sledging this Saturday. Frankly, I'd be disappointed if it doesn't :p

Frase, I'm thinking D2 tomorrow, any objections?

Harps - I realise we're only just over a third of the way through the season, but if you want to forward scout for SMD in 2009, I won't stand in your way. :D

Harps - I realise we're only just over a third of the way through the season, but if you want to forward scout for SMD in 2009, I won't stand in your way. :D

Don't count your chickens Frase, 6 wins will see sides safe from a drop, at this stage Fitzroy only have 5. expect JT to have a rather large lid with him this week!

Yeah it is Sleepo's 200th this week then Tonk's in a fortnight's time.

So a big few weeks down at the Gillon, if i didnt stuff tonk's ankle in an intra club last year they probably would have been having a double celebration this weekend!

Hey chicken who are the other guys to come back into the magoos team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back