• South Melbourne

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yarra Valley

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
rumour has it that rombotis will be playing for peninsular this year. can anyone confirm this
At the risk of sounding stupid is that Jon rombotis - did he play at fitzroy? How old is he?

Are there any other ex A.F.L players in D1?
Out of intrest i would also like to know who you guys think will win the comp medal this year?

At the risk of sounding stupid is that Jon rombotis - did he play at fitzroy? How old is he?

Are there any other ex A.F.L players in D1?
Out of intrest i would also like to know who you guys think will win the comp medal this year?

Yes it is - and he'd be roughly 32 or 33.
There's a few ex-AFL lads running around in D1.
My tip for the medal? Dean Matthews (BT) - lock it in.

Nice work Dee. My mail (posted about 4 weeks ago) had him and Dylan McLaren at Prahran in 08. Gotta love guys putting something back into grass roots for the love of the game.....

Champ - with Mitcham's imminent demise as a single entity in the Eastern League, any news on Stella & Wise returning to the Bullant's nest in 2008?

word on the street is the Mitcham will stay afloat this season - albiet without the services of the 2 mentioned above. Fingers crossed they return to Ajani.

Yes it is - and he'd be roughly 32 or 33.
There's a few ex-AFL lads running around in D1.
My tip for the medal? Dean Matthews (BT) - lock it in.

Ha Ha...Tongue-in-cheek Frase?

He would be happy just to get some game time. I heard the new coach isn't too impressed with Deans pre-season training attendance so far!!

Try: Al Tehan or Mark Pietryk from BT.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No drama with numbers at Fitzroy with numbers on track (but the same was the case last year too, so it's nothing to be proud of).

Fact is, you need your core 30-35 getting as many sessions under their belts and working hard to prevent soft tissue injuries, in order to set up your season.
Having guys turn up for 1 or 2 sessions per fortnight won't progress the cause properly.

Still, any club lacking numbers at this time of the season shouldn't fret just yet. There's at least 5 weeks before the 1st PMs will be played, if grounds are available, and another 4 weeks after that before round 1. Just get on the phone and start with the heavy guilt trips.

Harps - I have faith in the SMD boys, and will be instructing my lads prior to the 5/4 face-off that none of them will be required to wear a SMD guernsey to make up the numbers!!!

Last time I recall that happening, was when OTs hosted Whitefriars in a mid-March 2004 PM and the Friars could only muster about 12 reserves players due to cricket finals commitments. We gave them a few lads who were unknown quantities and a couple of them impressed so much, they were in the senior side for the next PM against Xavs!!!

No drama with numbers at Fitzroy with numbers on track (but the same was the case last year too, so it's nothing to be proud of).

Fact is, you need your core 30-35 getting as many sessions under their belts and working hard to prevent soft tissue injuries, in order to set up your season.
Having guys turn up for 1 or 2 sessions per fortnight won't progress the cause properly.

Still, any club lacking numbers at this time of the season shouldn't fret just yet. There's at least 5 weeks before the 1st PMs will be played, if grounds are available, and another 4 weeks after that before round 1. Just get on the phone and start with the heavy guilt trips.

Harps - I have faith in the SMD boys, and will be instructing my lads prior to the 5/4 face-off that none of them will be required to wear a SMD guernsey to make up the numbers!!!

Last time I recall that happening, was when OTs hosted Whitefriars in a mid-March 2004 PM and the Friars could only muster about 12 reserves players due to cricket finals commitments. We gave them a few lads who were unknown quantities and a couple of them impressed so much, they were in the senior side for the next PM against Xavs!!!

Greetings D Grade,

The great one has taken his time entering the fray this year. It has been a long summer of soul searching after last years disaster. The Roy was not sure if he could bring himself to post on the D Grade Thread but here I am to enlighten you all.

Good to hear the numbers have been good on the track Scribe. Will you be playing this year or have you put that folly behind you?

The Roy is rested and ready to fire up the mighty redders for their undoubted run to another D Section flag. Remeber what happened last time we were down here, it was a cakewalk.

That is all

His Royal Redness

Good to hear the numbers have been good on the track Scribe. Will you be playing this year or have you put that folly behind you?

Roy - the fair dinkum Fitzroy Reds posters (ie. Mappa, GWH, Ninja) already know the answer to your question.
The chances of me playing are about the same as Tim Davis returning for another crack in 2008.

Now off you go, make a few calls with your mate overtheline, and try to work that one out.

(PS - if you truly think it "folly" that I pulled on a Reds jumper 8 weeks after suffering a triple broken jaw and 11 smashed teeth courtesy of a car ploughing into me on my bicycle, then perhaps you should sit down and think again about posting on this thread. No one who matters at the club described it that way.)

Agreed Brian, 11 is sh1thouse, but not panic stations, I look forward to informing you of improved numbers after next Monday.

Maybe you will have to play 2 games each week Harps. I'm sure Chubbs won't mind doing it again this year.

Roy - the fair dinkum Fitzroy Reds posters (ie. Mappa, GWH, Ninja) already know the answer to your question.
The chances of me playing are about the same as Tim Davis returning for another crack in 2008.

Now off you go, make a few calls with your mate overtheline, and try to work that one out.

(PS - if you truly think it "folly" that I pulled on a Reds jumper 8 weeks after suffering a triple broken jaw and 11 smashed teeth courtesy of a car ploughing into me on my bicycle, then perhaps you should sit down and think again about posting on this thread. No one who matters at the club described it that way.)

Scribe I only saw you once last year and that was out at Friars last game were you guys copped a real pasting! Despite that, your clear commitment for the Reds and love of the ammo game was really on show, you should be proud of the way you handled yourself that day!

So don't get caught arguing about folly with someone who clearly is a wannabe smart A#se. Let him go about his own pathetic, non involved existence.

Red Roy I would suggest that if you have any substance then show your face at the Reds and discuss their folly, hopefully it would be a time certain reds could volley!

The mighty Jack!

Frase,

Or should I call you arch, or francis, because surely only Glenn Archer or Francis Bourke could be capable of such heroics !!! Your return from injury had nothing to do with the comment, but thanks for highlighting to everyone your amazing courage. I for one am inspired by it.

It was folly because your primary role was to coach the reserves, not try to play seniors. Combining the two does not work. You do yourself a disservice in both roles. The Roy thinks you a quite capable coach and wishes you all the best for the year. you know I am right on board and look foward to a premeirship double from the redders.

that is all

The Red

ps - can you please give us all another inspirational tale in your reply. On second thought, save them for a 3/4 time address along the lines of:

'You need to show courage her boys just like the time: I pulled on a Reds jumper 8 weeks after suffering a triple broken jaw and 11 smashed teeth courtesy of a car ploughing into me on my bicycle,

Frase,

Or should I call you arch, or francis, because surely only Glenn Archer or Francis Bourke could be capable of such heroics !!! Your return from injury had nothing to do with the comment, but thanks for highlighting to everyone your amazing courage. I for one am inspired by it.

It was folly because your primary role was to coach the reserves, not try to play seniors. Combining the two does not work. You do yourself a disservice in both roles. The Roy thinks you a quite capable coach and wishes you all the best for the year. you know I am right on board and look foward to a premeirship double from the redders.

that is all

The Red

ps - can you please give us all another inspirational tale in your reply. On second thought, save them for a 3/4 time address along the lines of:

'You need to show courage her boys just like the time: I pulled on a Reds jumper 8 weeks after suffering a triple broken jaw and 11 smashed teeth courtesy of a car ploughing into me on my bicycle,

you're a tool Roy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back