• South Melbourne

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yarra Valley

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any news on the ramifications of St Bedes-Mentone's relegation to C grade? Do St Bernards go up, and Ajax go from C to B?

My understanding is that is what would occur if STMBT were relegated 2 sections. In the absence of any formal announcement from HQ, they remain in A section, so it's all speculation at present.

PS - I've heard the rumours are gaining momentum too, but let's not get too hasty just yet.

PPS - has absolutely no material affect on D1 anyhow, so I guess we can all just enjoy being idle spectators on this one.

My understanding is that is what would occur if STMBT were relegated 2 sections. In the absence of any formal announcement from HQ, they remain in A section, so it's all speculation at present.

PS - I've heard the rumours are gaining momentum too, but let's not get too hasty just yet.

PPS - has absolutely no material affect on D1 anyhow, so I guess we can all just enjoy being idle spectators on this one.

C'mon Frase, that's all part of the fun in being "anonymous" on the interweb...

Saw the usual suspects out there, including Keleher, Beckett, Martinov, Martyn, Robbins, Jones, etc. Can't recall seeing Cook, Chisholm, Russell or Cromack - which may just mean they weren't available. One thing that struck me was they had a lot of quick young fellas running around in the stifling heat. Mind you, its all relative, everyone looks (actually is) younger and quicker than me!!!

Bit hard to say too much as it was both teams' first hit-out, but I'd confidently say they will start better than they did last year. We went in with a stack of blokes of differing ability, and I think it ended up a 3 goal win to Ormond.

Like most teams who suffered from ground restrictions, they have had 2007 to get used to the frustrations of pre-season 2008, and how to work around the lack of grounds!!!

In summary: they didn't look worse than I expected, and I'd be surprised if they didn't make top 4.

Whats the go with praccies tomorrow gents? we have 6 X 25's out at Latrobe from 1pm. I know the reds are heading out to Salesian/St Marys. Many new faces amongst those playing?

Given the good showing aqgainst Ormond, I think the Reds would be fairly confident against a D2 combination.

Mausy will be pleased to catch up with a few faces no doubt.

Greetings all,

don't know why we are playing a D2 club - waste of time winning by 20 goals. Anyway, better get used to it I s'pose because disaster grade is looking a bit thin - much like the top of your head Scribe.

Did you organise this match to ensure you got a kick??

Only joking - please don't PM me, I was only kidding I promise.

Look foward to some more regular updaes from the master (red) as the season proper gets closer

Yours in greatness

The Roy

Greetings all,

don't know why we are playing a D2 club - waste of time winning by 20 goals. Anyway, better get used to it I s'pose because disaster grade is looking a bit thin - much like the top of your head Scribe.

Did you organise this match to ensure you got a kick??

Only joking - please don't PM me, I was only kidding I promise.

Look foward to some more regular updaes from the master (red) as the season proper gets closer

Yours in greatness

The Roy

Why waste your time with a PM? :rolleyes:...when I can do it publicly instead.
The Fitzroy coaching staff, the players and the committee of the club do not share your views or expectations.

I only PM'd you when I thought you were an actual Reds supporter, which clearly isn't the case.

Ciao

Frase

PS - you must be bitterly disappointed that only 6 of the 7 Trinity recruits have departed the Reds for 2008.

some big d1 news, is that the prize recruit for old mentonians, d. teasdale has broken his thumb, will require surgery and miss 4-6 weeks. is this rumour true? can someone confirm. thtas shattering for the panthers as they thought he wood b able to take them one step further this yr and into c grade.
also he cant drink

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Greetings all, don't know why we are playing a D2 club - waste of time winning by 20 goals.

The Roy
Were you there Roy ? As St Mary's ran out winners by about 4-5 goals, your tipping is about the same quality as some of your posts :D

Not all doom and gloom for the Reds, but certainly some things to work on for the coaching staff, and more importantly, the players. That's what praccy matches are for though. St Marys were well drilled, and seemed to know how best to play their (tiny) ground.

Just putting a post out to see whether there is any club looking for a practice match next Saturday the 5th against Latrobe Uni (d3). We were double booked for a practice match and came off 2nd best from that double booking. Would prefer to play away if possible but can accomodate a home game if the club doesn't have access to a ground. If any club is keen please send me a PM.

Great hit out against Latrobe on Saturday for the Districts. With only 9 of last years Premiership team in action it was a great chance to throw blokes all over the ground. The revolving door interchange and very wet track produced a scrappy game of 5 quarters that achieved what we wanted, a look at our new blokes under match conditions, a decent run in very heavy conditions, 39 scoring shots (for only 20 goals!) and no injuries.

Thanks to Latrobe for the run.

how are the districs looking after the great coach decided to step dowm, have they picked up any quality players to help their cause for a 3-peat???

names of new players would be good, and positions, i know the old coach and was just wondering how they are travelling,

Thanks guys and good luck 2 all in 08!!

how are the districs looking after the great coach decided to step dowm, have they picked up any quality players to help their cause for a 3-peat???

names of new players would be good, and positions, i know the old coach and was just wondering how they are travelling,

Thanks guys and good luck 2 all in 08!!

3-peat! Thanks for the extra pressure BOG, finals would be nice but we're in the great unknown in this division. All new names will be revealed in due coarse although you may be interested to know that Damian Villarosa left Bundoora on Saturday with a serious case of leather poisoning.

Congratulations to the Reds for tying up the rebranding back to the Lions. Should start an avalanche of public awareness and community involvement at BSO. Good stuff!

Won't this weekends praccy against SMD take a little bit away from Round 5?

Oh, and who is Aquinas playing this weekend?

Congratulations to the Reds for tying up the rebranding back to the Lions. Should start an avalanche of public awareness and community involvement at BSO. Good stuff!

Won't this weekends praccy against SMD take a little bit away from Round 5?

I seriously doubt it.

We're simply tuning up on a suburban oval in the back-blocks of Clifton Hill, no premiership point involved, and its not on Brunswick St Oval either (though the surface is improving).

Best part is round 5 has no AFL fixtures that afternoon, so hopefully both teams are winning games and we can get a big local crowd down.

I seriously doubt it.

We're simply tuning up on a suburban oval in the back-blocks of Clifton Hill, no premiership point involved, and its not on Brunswick St Oval either (though the surface is improving).

Best part is round 5 has no AFL fixtures that afternoon, so hopefully both teams are winning games and we can get a big local crowd down.

News from the SMD back office is that both clubs are teeing up ex AFL/VFL/VFA/VAFA stars to talk up a rivalry that had its beginnings in a century starting with the numbers 1 and 8. While we're keen to do well against a fellow D1 competitor on Saturday it is as Frase describes only a tune up.

Do OGGS play this week?

Reports of between 12 - 15 clearances from various EFL clubs to Aquinas this year. Has happened before without much improvement. Maybe they are predominantly reseves players...or maybe things are looking up this year and the Aquinas people are keeping very quiet?:cool:

Nah mate,

I believe Aquinas are starting up an Unders this year. Most of those transfers are from Eastern Colts sides

Sorry everyone things have been very hectic at the office this month and i have missed alot of footy news. A close source of mine tell me that Old Mentonians looked very impressive in there latest practise much and that a premiership is all that will be accepted down there this year. Another interesting fact is that new recruit David Teasedale has settled in very nicely and has already had a huge impact down at panther land. Word has it that he suggested all players including himself swear off the alcohol until seasons end!.What a wonderful idea maybe the captaincy is in line for him. Just what the panthers needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back