Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yarra Valley

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
scribe

think you'll find its round 2, theres no big news stories to talk about footy wise so why not have a bit of a joke....

lighten up fella

btw well umpired on the weekend boris, you could have taught the senoir umpire afterwards a thing or two like not to stop play like a silly little boy until the supporters on the wing stopped teasing him....pathetic

scribe

think you'll find its round 2, theres no big news stories to talk about footy wise so why not have a bit of a joke....

lighten up fella

btw well umpired on the weekend boris, you could have taught the senoir umpire afterwards a thing or two like not to stop play like a silly little boy until the supporters on the wing stopped teasing him....pathetic
On the subject of umpireing, this is my first year of playing in the ammos i think it is a disgrace that there are no proper goal umpires it cost south districts the game yesterday, the prahan goal umpire paid two goals in the last quarter that were clear points.

here here,

pathetic scribe. to simply downplay the 'seriousness' of david teasdales obvious life threatening troubles is selfish and unwarranted. i believe a written apology to dave personally and publicly here on bigfooty would be necessarily appropriate. you should be barred from this forum until at least half way through round 3.

Yours sincerily, snips

scribe

lighten up fella

scribe

lighten up fella

It's cretins like you that are the cause for our current shortage of umpires. Fact is without them we can't play this grand game. You never hear anyone encouraging umps. Just the heroes like yourself who criticise them and subsequently turn them away from the game.

On the subject of umpireing, this is my first year of playing in the ammos i think it is a disgrace that there are no proper goal umpires it cost south districts the game yesterday, the prahan goal umpire paid two goals in the last quarter that were clear points.

Same here.

The thing with not having paid Goal & boundary Umpires is it can cost clubs a game which could at seasons end cost them a spot in the finals.

It's cretins like you that are the cause for our current shortage of umpires. Fact is without them we can't play this grand game. You never hear anyone encouraging umps. Just the heroes like yourself who criticise them and subsequently turn them away from the game.

how about you read my post properly before you 'be a hero' and snipe me champ....

Peninsula and the Reds be very close with the visitors prevailing. Still haven't seen quite enough to suggest the Reds can upset them. I hope they can prove me wrong. (Pirates by 20)
Very happy to be proven wrong there. Nothing fancy, but good to see the Reds fight back from an early deficit.

Old Mentonians (lead by Teasdale) to comfortably account for Yarra Valley (OMs by 45)
Was a bit out with the margin, but gee that thumb must have really been causing Teasedale some havoc to only kick 5 !

i never said he couldnt umpire, just thought it was a bit childish/pathetic to place the ball on the ground before a ball up for a minute whilst players and spectators had no idea wat was going on.....

i think justly pumping him up too, he umpired a free flowing game rather than looking for frees....

No one's questioning your mate's ability. As a current player (and a good one by the look of previous posts) he'd be likely to have an excellent grasp of the game. However, the individual in the senior game doesn't need to be subjected to being labelled 'silly little boy', 'childish' and 'pathetic'.
When you narrow minded individuals start to respect them and accept that the majority of the decisions are these people interpreting the rules and not making them, we might be able to attract people back into umpiring. We've all heard about the zero tolerance policy the umpires are employing this year. No doubt it's because they are tired of constantly putting up with ignorant jibes from moronic individuals like you.
Take a good hard look at yourself son.

Nobs are looking the goods this year. I had them written off after skydiving down to D1 but it appears they might have actually recruited well this year after an impressive 15 goal drumming of Aquinas... or are Aquinas just that bad??

Nobs are looking the goods this year. I had them written off after skydiving down to D1 but it appears they might have actually recruited well this year after an impressive 15 goal drumming of Aquinas... or are Aquinas just that bad??

Aquinas are and always will be an average side. Just a plain average side. Average ground, average jumper, average football ability. They have never been anything more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Frase,

Did Rombotis play? What posi? Did he have much effect on the game?

(did you get a kick?)

Yep, mainly in the middle/on ball.
Good early, but faded due to lack of match fitness (7 weeks off with a hammy was the word).

Only got a little bit of the ball myself, but didn't waste it (which is half the battle at this level). We're letting the young kids loose further upfield!!

Pass mark only for the old #8.

MY: you have a go at me for labelling an umpire....then label me as 'narrow minded' and a 'moron.' here an umpire has decided to stop play for a minute, akin to taking his bat and ball and going home (similar to, dare i say it, a child)
without saying he's pathetic, in this case he has certainly acted that way.

having umpired 30 odd junior games i think (and you say ignorantly) that its best to get on with umpiring rather than insiting more jibes by showboating in the centre of the ground....

NOBSPC are looking the goods. Have picked up a couple of big defenders who can play, and retained all of their better ones too. They will be thereabouts at the business end (injuries permitting).

How about that local sporting team? They're doing well, aren't they?

Twas a cracking day weather-wise for footyball on Saturday, and I hear it's meant to be mild for this weekend too. How delightful!

Hoo-rah!

69568294_854ce6704f.jpg

* May or may not be true.

Daryl,

Took me 50 seconds to find this in the Results section of the VAFA website

A wonderful initiative - you should try it!!

YARRA VALLEY 3.1 4.4 10.6 14.11-95
OLD MENTONIANS 1.6 9.9 13.12 16.13-109

YARRA VALLEY
Goal Kickers: J. Keem 8, M. Laing 2, C. Beal, P. Valoppi, J. Canham, R. Wood
Best Players: M. Wines, S. Laird, C. Beal, P. Valoppi, J. Keem, J. Trend
OLD MENTONIANS
Goal Kickers: D. Teasdale 5, K. Tickell 3, D. Cochrane 2, B. Norton 2, B. Lane, T. Speers, J. Thompson, M. Campbell
Best Players: D. Field, M. McCloskey, B. Norton, R. Ball, K. Tickell, B. Lane

Pretty good stat for someone on death's door. Word is they had one of those little golf medi-cart thingys borrowed from the AFL, and trundled him out through the interchange long enough to take a set shot before swooning back into the arms of the trainers.

The guy's becoming legendary.

"Don't get off the train at Ringwood
The Goths want your mascara"

Reds vs Aquinas this week at the Heritage Oval. It'll be a battle of the artists vs the emos. I pick the Reds in a dazzling display of post-modern avant-garde impressionism coupled with expansive brush strokes and haunting caricatures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back