D2 D2 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
An extraordinary appointment ... did they ring his former club ?

Yeah, they did. They were told how he coached SKOBs to an undefeated B grade flag in 2015, 2 x undefeated Premier U19 flags at De La in 09 & 10 and how he was an assistant to Gary Ayres at Port Melbourne for a few years, including 2011 when they won the flag and were also undefeated.

Hopefully they also warned GE about misinformed clowns who might be inclined to comment despite knowing nothing about Jon or coaching credentials.

A very good appointment for GE.

Yeah, they did. They were told how he coached SKOBs to an undefeated B grade flag in 2015, 2 x undefeated Premier U19 flags at De La in 09 & 10 and how he was an assistant to Gary Ayres at Port Melbourne for a few years, including 2011 when they won the flag and were also undefeated.

Hopefully they also warned GE about misinformed clowns who might be inclined to comment despite knowing nothing about Jon or coaching credentials.

A very good appointment for GE.

Any danger of some accuracy here? He was co-coach and well recognised as the second fiddle. Perhaps they need to investigate how many times he has been dismissed mid season and how welcome he is at his former clubs( as numerous as they are now!).

Any danger of some accuracy here? He was co-coach and well recognised as the second fiddle. Perhaps they need to investigate how many times he has been dismissed mid season and how welcome he is at his former clubs( as numerous as they are now!).

I saw Jon at T.H King in Rd 13. He seemed pretty welcome to me. But you wouldn’t know as you would have been watching OGS. Right?

It is recognised internally that due to Harfs’ work commitments that Jon did most of the heavy lifting that year.

Your obsession with him is pathetic. Rather than potting people who are prepared to have a go why don’t you tell us all about your own coaching credentials.

Run in to the great man last night, I think they might be telling him some pork pies
to translate mr bedford’s doublespeak. the great man in his world is jon edgar. “they” in his world is glen eira.

i miss mr canada who was the expert in wryness and equivocation. i know he watches and i suggest he makes a return appearance. my suggestion is as “over the bed”. it covers the two loves of his forum life. :)

mr jimmy-having-a-crack, if the great man is so great why did your club not grab his services when he offered them as an assistant?

to translate mr bedford’s doublespeak. the great man in his world is jon edgar. “they” in his world is glen eira.

i miss mr canada who was the expert in wryness and equivocation. i know he watches and i suggest he makes a return appearance. my suggestion is as “over the bed”. it covers the two loves of his forum life. :)

mr jimmy-having-a-crack, if the great man is so great why did your club not grab his services when he offered them as an assistant?

I’m not the one calling him the great man nor am I particularly saying he is great. But he is decent bloke with a good recent coaching record who at least has the plums to have a crack at coaching. On that basis alone he does not deserve to be potted on here, particularly by people who really have no idea.

In respect to his application at DLS. I understand he was beaten for the position by a very highly credentialed applicant who has played AFL football and coached a flag in the SANFL.

I’m not the one calling him the great man nor am I particularly saying he is great. But he is decent bloke with a good recent coaching record who at least has the plums to have a crack at coaching. On that basis alone he does not deserve to be potted on here, particularly by people who really have no idea.

In respect to his application at DLS. I understand he was beaten for the position by a very highly credentialed applicant who has played AFL football and coached a flag in the SANFL.
Sounds like we should've got him to coach at the turtles. Might've got Spewie off our back

So money does win premierships! Well done assumption- a 'well stocked' team beat a team that arrogantly thought they could just make it happen. At least they have the ethical victory
And how sweet it is! Feel free to call in to Toorak Park for a beer tonight. No expenses spared! Both cups are overflowing- one w champagne, the other w sour grapes for people like u to enjoy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking forward to seeing which players randomly rock up looking for a run next year for paharan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back