Remove this Banner Ad

Premiers - Aquinas
Leading Goalkicker - S Daly
League B+F - J Temuskos
Most Improved Team - Werribee
Flag Smokey - Sth Melb
Wooden Spoon - St Johns

Flag- Aquinas
Leading Goalkicker - Have no clue, Isn't that perry meka a goal kicking machine @ werribee ? Perhaps bongo from glen eira haha

League B+F - Michael Hazell- won A grade league b&f's ? so his my fav, d.braber 2nd.

Flag Smokey - Salesian

Wooden Spoon - ST JOHNS

Only my opinion guys, still a bit early to tell anyways, :thumbsu:

Flag- Aquinas
Leading Goalkicker - Have no clue, Isn't that perry meka a goal kicking machine @ werribee ? Perhaps bongo from glen eira haha

League B+F - Michael Hazell- won A grade league b&f's ? so his my fav, d.braber 2nd.

Flag Smokey - Salesian

Wooden Spoon - ST JOHNS

Only my opinion guys, still a bit early to tell anyways, :thumbsu:

had our first historic hitout against St Johns on sunday and they didnt look too bad, the big bloke up forward looks like he could be hard to stop and a number 1 floating in the backline looked above the grade.Pretty physical game.

flag- aquinas - werribee
leading goalkicker- no idea maybe wheeler
league b+f- andrew tedesco
most improved-werribee
flag smokey- salesian
wooden spoon- john temuskos so he can keep eating

flag- Aquinas
leading goalkicker- Don't know
league b+f- Matt Price if he goes to Aquinas
most improved- Werribee
flag smokey- Emmaus St. Leo's
wooden spoon- Bentleigh

Flag - Aquinas
Leading Goalkicker - Wheeler (if he plays)
League B and F - Hazell
Most Improved - Williamstown
Flag Smokey - Williamstown (if Wheeler plays)
Wooden Spoon - Bentleigh

Went and watched Werribee's game against Albanvale on the weekend and they looked pretty good. Even though Albanvale are not the best team going around, it was good to see the young Werribee team run out the game. I think they were up by about 4-5 goals at 3/4 time and ran out winners by about 12 goals.

The only criticism is they did not have a strong full forward. But one S Daly was out injured and if he gets up and running and has the ball delivered in the manner some of these young guys kick it, could be a big year for the creep.

Flag - Aquinas, Salesian or Werribee
Leading Goalkicker - Wheeler or Daly
League B and F - A Taylor (there is two of them at Werribee)
Most Improved - Williamstown
Flag Smokey - Glen Eira
Wooden Spoon - Banyule

Premiers - Werribee
Leading Goalkicker - S. Daly (provided he's not too old and does not have to play super rules)
League B+F - Aaron Taylor - Go Fanta Pants!
Flag Smokey - Aquinas O.C.
Wooden Spoon - Banyule AFC

Premiers - South Melbourne
League Goalkicker - Wheeler (Willi)
League B&F - Taylor (Willi)
Most Imporved - Willi
Flag Smokey - Willi
Wooden Spoon - Banyule

Premiers - South Melbourne
League Goalkicker - S.Daly (will have some quality delivery)
League B&F - P.Smith
Most Imporved - Willy
Flag Smokey - Glen eira
Wooden Spoon - Banyule

2:00 PM
Sat 28/Apr

EMMAUS ST LEOS OC AFC
vs
BENTLEIGH

GLEN EIRA AFC
vs
WILLIAMSTOWN CYMS

SALESIAN AFC
vs
SOUTH MELBOURNE DISTRICTS

WERRIBEE AFC
vs
BANYULE AFC

ST JOHNS OC
vs
AQUINAS OC

My tips in bold, other thoughts this far out for round 1?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty close to my thoughts Kibe. The only one I reckon I would change is the Salesian vs South Melb game. Eventhough Salesian has lost a few players (allegedly) it will tough for a side coming up to beat a side that finished third after the H&A games last year.

2:00 PM
Sat 28/Apr

EMMAUS ST LEOS OC AFC
vs
BENTLEIGH

GLEN EIRA AFC
vs
WILLIAMSTOWN CYMS

SALESIAN AFC
vs

WERRIBEE AFC
vs
BANYULE AFC

ST JOHNS OC
vs
AQUINAS OC

My tips in bold, other thoughts this far out for round 1?

Heard from a reliable source that Steve Tibb from Aquinas went down last night at training and re broke the ankle that he broke late last year. Apparently may need surgery and will miss at least the first half of the year. Injuries this early in the year cant be good. How are other clubs on the injuries front?

Heard from a reliable source that Steve Tibb from Aquinas went down last night at training and re broke the ankle that he broke late last year. Apparently may need surgery and will miss at least the first half of the year. Injuries this early in the year cant be good. How are other clubs on the injuries front?

Can confirm this is true Ricky Bobby, shockin luck for Tibba as he always seems to have injuries cutting short his season. He would of been my smoky for the League BnF but now its impossible. I spose the one positive thing with the season being delayed is that Steve will hopefully only miss the first 6 weeks depending on how the surgery goes!

EMMAUS ST LEOS OC AFC - tight game
vs
BENTLEIGH

GLEN EIRA AFC
vs
WILLIAMSTOWN CYMS - if Wheeler plays

SALESIAN AFC to pump
vs

WERRIBEE AFC
vs
BANYULE AFC

ST JOHNS OC
vs
AQUINAS OC - easily

south melbourne districts are now playing on thursday the 5th of april at north sunshines ground. it is going to be a night match and by all reports nth sunshine are not a bad side

Pretty close to my thoughts Kibe. The only one I reckon I would change is the Salesian vs South Melb game. Eventhough Salesian has lost a few players (allegedly) it will tough for a side coming up to beat a side that finished third after the H&A games last year.

Just seen that Stewartt Mathoweson has also jumped ship and gone to croydon as well in the EFL. i think they did loose a couple at salesian.

Has anyone heard that St Johns don't have a ground yet? Apparently the VAFA aren't to keen to help them out either.

How are the other grounds in D2 looking, ours is a bit patchy but improving with the rain.

Has anyone heard that St Johns don't have a ground yet? Apparently the VAFA aren't to keen to help them out either.

How are the other grounds in D2 looking, ours is a bit patchy but improving with the rain.

Werribee's ground cannot be better. With one of the practice matches we had it did rain but the outfield held up magnificently and was fairly dry within minutes. Just hope the club does the right thing and keeps the ground in good nick. May dry up a bit more over winter as the grass is summer based.

Remove this Banner Ad

D2 Amateurs

Back