D2 Ammos

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This should create some debate. My D2 Reserves team of the year.

B: R. Mitchell (SMD) E. Bouchard (SMD) G.Wilson (STJ)
HB: C. Williams (AQ) Nannes (SAL) J. Merveich (SMD)
C: M. Cations (W) C. Alabakis (W) Z. Wenke (Ban)
HF: M. Embling (GE) M. Visser (AQ) T. Fairbairn (Sal)
F: C. Ryan (AQ) K. Dowesey (WIL) J. Marinis (W)
R: D.McGee (SMD) C. Emery (STJ) S. Fox (AQ)
INT: S.Duncan (ESL) S. Manton (ESL) S.Peake (StJ) S. Lithgow (GE)
EM: S King (SMD)
Coach: N. Diker (W)

Obvioulsy this was posted a while ago but im new to this!!!

I think your being a bit geneous with me Harper on the HFF!!! Didnt move to well this year you could say!!! Enjoyed coaching though, its easier to put you self in the forward line when your coach!!!

Obvioulsy this was posted a while ago but im new to this!!!

I think your being a bit geneous with me Harper on the HFF!!! Didnt move to well this year you could say!!! Enjoyed coaching though, its easier to put you self in the forward line when your coach!!!

I had to put you in after the battle we had in the goal square in the dieing minutes of our encounter at South. For those who weren't there, Salesian were 2 points down with 1 or 2 minutes left in the game and the ball being thrown up at the top of their goal square. Would have looked funny as a spectator but I threw myself and 17 other SMD blokes into Salesians forward arc in an attempt to rush a behind. Griff19 had himself and 17 Salesian blokes trying to knock the ball backwards to a roving goal scorer. After what seemed like 1000 ball ups a rushed behind or maybe it was off Griff19's boot was scored and to my relief the siren sounded just after. I'm pretty sure the Salesian blokes thought it was a draw but it was the Districts by 1 point.
I think it was the week after you guys signed all those Parkmore blokes and the disappointment was obvious.
Hope the new club is a success

I had to put you in after the battle we had in the goal square in the dieing minutes of our encounter at South. For those who weren't there, Salesian were 2 points down with 1 or 2 minutes left in the game and the ball being thrown up at the top of their goal square. Would have looked funny as a spectator but I threw myself and 17 other SMD blokes into Salesians forward arc in an attempt to rush a behind. Griff19 had himself and 17 Salesian blokes trying to knock the ball backwards to a roving goal scorer. After what seemed like 1000 ball ups a rushed behind or maybe it was off Griff19's boot was scored and to my relief the siren sounded just after. I'm pretty sure the Salesian blokes thought it was a draw but it was the Districts by 1 point.
I think it was the week after you guys signed all those Parkmore blokes and the disappointment was obvious.
Hope the new club is a success

Yeah it was one of the funnier moments i have had!!!! It looked like i was trying out for the goalkeepers position at the Victory!!! We had a couple of good chances to get one through, but these seemed to be your guys everywhere. To be honest, when the siren sounded, i knew we had lost, but then a few of the guys were saying it was a draw, they were wrong...!!!

I was absolutley shattered, we just couldnt seem to get over the line, we had a lost a couple of close ones before that.

Good luck for your boys aswell!!

enjoy playing at the pathetic dust bowl they call a football ground in glen iris, the only thing i will miss is tagging blokes to 2 touches and when the bloke gets draged the coach giving me a spray for dragging him

Ferndale park may not be up to the lofty heights of buleens ground, but as far as the club as a whole is concerned the cobras arent even in the same weight division. As for you limiting a st marys player to two touches, thats a blatant lie, as, in each of the closely contested games (93 and 92 points respectively) every st marys player on the ground beat there opponent hands down...

Good luck in the lowly depths of the bottom of D4 lads! Cheers;)

What are the coaching appointments for the D2 sides? Who is new & who has been retained?
Heard a rumour last years premiership coach in the magoo's won't be at the helm in 2008. Also heard the captain of that team won't be there either, as without that coach there, he is no guarantee of getting a game due to his lack of leg speed and accountability. Remember you heard it here first......

Heard a rumour last years premiership coach in the magoo's won't be at the helm in 2008. Also heard the captain of that team won't be there either, as without that coach there, he is no guarantee of getting a game due to his lack of leg speed and accountability. Remember you heard it here first......

Or is it that you just can't see him at training leaving him unable to impress? Either he is that quick or has just spent so much time on a tanning bed.

Word is that Stu "Dicky Knee" Daly will be back at the helm of the Ressies.

Werribee reserves Captain again seen checking out the real estate market in the Albert Park area. I will raise my incentive package to 2 packs of winnie blues and a $3 mystery bet per week to get the man into a white / red V jumper next season!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

D2 Confirmed Starters for 2008
Werribee
Emmaus St Leos
Salesian - St mary's
Bentleigh
Glen Eira
Banyule
Therry Penola
Old Paradians
Old Westbourne
Ivanhoe Assumption

Any news, early predictions, coaching changes etc? Who has started pre-season?

I know at St Leo's, the coaching staff were reappointed, training starts in the next couple of weeks (I think). I think probably Werribee are the team to beat, a lot of young blokes last year, and look out for Old Westbourne, had a huge year in D3.

Werribee
Emmaus St Leos
Salesian - St mary's
Bentleigh
Glen Eira
Banyule
Therry Penola
Old Paradians
Old Westbourne
Ivanhoe Assumption

I know at St Leo's, the coaching staff were reappointed, training starts in the next couple of weeks (I think). I think probably Werribee are the team to beat, a lot of young blokes last year, and look out for Old Westbourne, had a huge year in D3.

I'm hopeing we play either Old West or Werribee the week after they play each other. Sounds like they could be some very tough games, with some injuries/reports likely to come out of them.

Anyone know when the draw is due to come out??

Werribee
Emmaus St Leos
Salesian - St mary's
Bentleigh
Glen Eira
Banyule
Therry Penola
Old Paradians
Old Westbourne
Ivanhoe Assumption

If Glen Eira can keep a full side out on the park week in week out they will be hard to beat. Werribee will have to be up there. The 2 demoted sides may be ok. Cant see any other side doing much.

If Glen Eira can keep a full side out on the park week in week out they will be hard to beat. Werribee will have to be up there. The 2 demoted sides may be ok. Cant see any other side doing much.

IMO if Old Westbourne keep there same side then they will be favourites in 08 to win. SMD won d2 this year after winning d3 the year before and having played both sides over past 2 would rate Old W at least 5 goals stronger than SMD.

Looking forward to playing the 4 new teams as well as the ones from last season.

Looking forward to see who's drafted and recruited well?

IMO i reckon there could be a few very young teams this year...

St Marys Salesian quick, young.
Rumour has it 70+ people attended there first get together last sunday at new ground.

Old Westbourne will be right up there as well, very good across the board.

Emmaus St Leo's had a tough year with injuries after looking a certain grand finalist at one point (won 7 or 8 in a row), with a bit of luck next year I'd expect them to be there on the last day of the season, probably with Werribee.

Heard Therry Penola have lost upto 10-15 of their senior players to Macedon. They may struggle!!!

Not what i heard considering there new coach was ruckman in Geelong Interleague team and used to dominate, and supposedly bring a fair few up the freeway with him.

Werribee
Emmaus St Leos
Salesian - St mary's
Bentleigh
Glen Eira
Banyule
Therry Penola
Old Paradians
Old Westbourne
Ivanhoe Assumption

quote]
There is no longer a team (and hasn't been for over a year now) called Ivanhoe Assumption, they converted back to Ivanhoe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back