D2 for 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harden up pea heart! Seriously if a short walk to the ground makes your heart beat too fast then maybe lawn bowls is up your ally! Would you like an umbrella to carry around so you don't get wet on the field??
You question the playing surface (or grouds??)? Wow you must be used to an extrememly high standard of playing field then as many on here, and in other divisions would rate the playing surface as one of the best they have run out onto.

If i can intervene here lads, I will say that the grounds being across the road is not that big of a deal really but it is very unusual and different from the norm. It is not a game breaker by any means but it would be nice to have something closer to the ground definately. As for the playing surface however, I will cast the opinion that it is one of the best. Having only played once on the lush pitch i was pretty impressed. very green and a pretty nice mix of soft and firm. It is better than most grounds from a playing surface persepective.

Eltham's ground is one of the better grounds in the VAFA (not the best). Having played on grounds from D2 to B Grade I can say that some of the surfaces in the upper divisions are better, but not by much.
Banyules rooms are the best social rooms I have seen in recent times.

The Eltham College play against Watsonia this week from what I have been told. Watsonia are a Div3 Northern Football League side.

guru1 said:
You still having a run around somewhere these days Hollywood?

Yeah trying too mate, but hanging on by a thread & a lot of sticky tape these days!

Privateye said:
Where have you been Coach? Have missed you since your last appearance at I think Gillin Res from memory?

Had back surgery & took time off from footy, Returned last year back with my old club playing & coaching Panton Hill in the NFL. Still interested to see how the Turtles are going & wish the boys all the best for the season ahead.

majicjman said:
Coach have you been on la trobe uni ground of late the surface is spot on as is your ground
Div two is lucky to have two good size grounds with good surfaces to play on in the northen suburbs

No, haven't played there since 2006 majicjman. In 2008 we played on a make shift ground out the back & both were ordinary, so surely it's alot better now!

HORNSKULL said:
The Eltham College play against Watsonia this week from what I have been told. Watsonia are a Div3 Northern Football League side.

Interested to see how this one goes as we will be playing Watsonia Round 1.

Hollywood.....are you playing Coach at Panton Hill this year???

I still have a bruise on my cheekbone from you....can i get a chance to repay the favour?

Was a fair bump though mate...good luck this year!!

Clearances in and out as of today. Clubs in the minus

Old W out 21 in 0
La Tro out 7 in 2
St J out 8 in 1
St leo out 4 in 0
Elth out 8 in 1
Therry out 3 in 0

all the others are in the positive

Clearances in and out as of today. Clubs in the minus

Old W out 21 in 0
La Tro out 7 in 2
St J out 8 in 1
St leo out 4 in 0
Elth out 8 in 1
Therry out 3 in 0

all the others are in the positive

Surely Aquinas couldn't be in the positive.

My Tip this year is Glen Eira will be very strong and will push for promotion and St Mary's will be a dark horse after receiving the relegation reprieve.

Ant Hickey is a big loss to the animals, he was so powerful in the midfield.

Yes BigBanga Hickey will be a loss. Seems to be a lot of players leaving clubs this year, more than arriving. Will have to disagree on SMS though BB they will be in for a tough year. Had a lot of retirements and people off travelling they will be fighting it our for relagation again. Gatehouse on the move as well.

Guru Out!

My Tip this year is Glen Eira will be very strong and will push for promotion and St Mary's will be a dark horse after receiving the relegation reprieve.

latest update

TEAM
OUTS
INS
St Mary's Salesian
4​
15​
Glen Eira
0​
9​
LaTrobe University
9​
12​
South Melbourne
1​
3​
Emmaus St Leos
4​
1​
Therry Penola
4​
0​
S t Johns
9​
1​
Eltham
10​
1​
Old Westbourne
24​
0​
Aquinas
29​
3​

Anthony Hickey I believe won't be at ESL next year.

For those who enjoyed watching David Boundy this year, rumour has it that West Preston Lakeside (NFL Premiers) are close to signing him.

Ranatunga is a big out.

Hickey has gone to Heathmont (EFL D4) Will be a massive loss, as he did all the hard stuff and has class to burn..ESL still have a lot of very good players, none better than Foxy, who if he can stay fit, will be a tough to match up on even by the best D2 Defender.

Gatehouse is a massive loss to SmS. Massive ball winner / probably in the top 3 players for em. Who else has left them Guru ?

Aquinas I'm unsure about early at this stage having come down. They are always hard to beat away but may have lost a couple of good players.

Westbourne seemed to have lost plenty. Is Critta Hudson playing ?

Glen Eira - Have heard they have recruited a very good forward. Time will tell. They will definitely play finals!

Not long till the action starts.

latest update

Old Westbourne

24​

0​

Aquinas

29​

3​

So basically these two have lost entire ressie teams? What is happening at Westbourne? Don't they have a feeder from the school? Salesian 15 in seems to have recruited from the school, but Eltham are lacking inflow from theirs.

So basically these two have lost entire ressie teams? What is happening at Westbourne? Don't they have a feeder from the school? Salesian 15 in seems to have recruited from the school, but Eltham are lacking inflow from theirs.

Rumour has it there was a mass walkout from OW because of the coach who they have reappointed. Can anyone confirm?

Also the exodus from Aquinas seems quite alarming any comments?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rumour has it there was a mass walkout from OW because of the coach who they have reappointed. Can anyone confirm?

Also the exodus from Aquinas seems quite alarming any comments?

Lout, The school is not directly affiliated with the school and therefore does not feed many younger guys through. Also because of the various local teams having junior teams linked with thier respective WRFL seniors it is hard for Westbourne to compete when it comes to recruiting younger fellas.

Phantom, Brett Connors was the coach for the past 2 seasons and has since left the club to play down in geelong and has taken a handful of players with him. The newly appointed coach is club Stalwart Andrew "burra" Horsborough. It is due to both his appointment and an early exit of good talent post season that many have followed on their way out the door.

You may ask why would people not want to be coached by a club legend? The simple answer is, just because you are a very good player doesnt mean you will be a good coach. He has had the reigns for the last few years on the reserves and has had mixed results on the field and alot of ill feeling off the field about the way things were run. It is nothing personal because away from footy he is a top bloke and one you can very easily get along with, it is just that I, like the boys who have left, felt it wasn't a good fit to stay.

Old wesbourne never really had a walk out. Most players left separately anyway or went in pairs spread out over a couple of months after the season. There was no walkout over the new coach as most left long before that or were considering leaving. The club was lucky to keep Paul Hudson and frank Pavez. Both could easily have also gone. It's hard with amateurs, how can you keep players when you can't offer them anything other than friendship. Friends will still be there in years to come but the money won't. Make it while you still can. Chris Hudson in my eyes will never play for westbourne again. Has been offered huge country dollars and when he returns from overseas will surely snap it up. Huge talents like that have bigger fish to fry. I wish old westbourne all the best but gee wizz it's hard being a non paying footy club in the land of the giants!!!

Sounds like theres a bit going on out Old Westbourne way. Could be the battle for the spoon in round 1 between the Bourne and SMS. Making the call early, you heard it hear first! And to answer your questions Howaboutthatone SMS have also lost the Stevens boys, oldfield and O'keefe to retirement and of course Div to Swinny has reduced canteen sales.

Guru Out!

Sounds like theres a bit going on out Old Westbourne way. Could be the battle for the spoon in round 1 between the Bourne and SMS. Making the call early, you heard it hear first! And to answer your questions Howaboutthatone SMS have also lost the Stevens boys, oldfield and O'keefe to retirement and of course Div to Swinny has reduced canteen sales.

Guru Out!

Just a question Guru... Are you actually from SMS??

Interesting questions Phantom and Griff and all I'll say is that the Dr and the Guru have never been seen in the same room at the same time before. draw your own conclusion.

Guru out!

Interesting questions Phantom and Griff and all I'll say is that the Dr and the Guru have never been seen in the same room at the same time before. draw your own conclusion.

Guru out!

For someone who claims to be from SMS you are very negative about them.. coming on here and saying how much trouble they are in and that they will get the spoon.. If you really cared about the club you would keep your mouth shut, comments like yours are really not needed, true or otherwise. Im sure those at the club would be pretty disappointed with you if you where ever man enough not to hide behind your keyboard. :thumbsdown:

latest update

TEAM

OUTS

INS

St Mary's Salesian

4​

15​

Glen Eira

0​

9​

LaTrobe University

9​

12​

South Melbourne

1​

3​

Emmaus St Leos

4​

1​

Therry Penola

4​

0​

S t Johns

9​

1​

Eltham

10​

1​

Old Westbourne

24​

0​

Aquinas

29​

3​

It just goes to show the ins and outs on the transfer list don't tell the true story at the club. So many players go o/s, retire or go walkabout and thats never recorded. Also a lot of transfers don't happen/appear until close to the season start. It sounds as though SMS have lost a few good players there, Gatehouse is a loss but oldfield was on his way out anyway. Is Purcell still there and Singh still there? Also does anyone know if Saviola is still at the turtles?

It seems the comp wont be as strong as last year or the year before. There could be a big divide. As I mentioned previously from all the reports it sounds like GE are in the best spot out of all the teams, but haven't heard much about La Trobe or Therry. GE were strong at the end of last year and it looks like they will have a competitive 2's which has been unheard of in the last 5 yrs.

Aquinas and OW have lost huge numbers, but they could be just 2's players and still have decent 1's teams.

I spose only time will tell.

Aquinas and OW have lost huge numbers, but they could be just 2's players and still have decent 1's teams.

I spose only time will tell.[/QUOTE]

No mate. 15 senior players apparently gone from westbournes seniors team that played old paradians in the finals. Not looking great but drop a division and recruit next year and develop kids.

For someone who claims to be from SMS you are very negative about them.. coming on here and saying how much trouble they are in and that they will get the spoon.. If you really cared about the club you would keep your mouth shut, comments like yours are really not needed, true or otherwise. Im sure those at the club would be pretty disappointed with you if you where ever man enough not to hide behind your keyboard. :thumbsdown:

Great call, Griff. I'd love to know who he is. With clubmen like him, who needs enemies? :mad:

good to hear some football banter on here. The season most be getting close. Enough about OW/SMS/Elth how are the other clubs travelling. Who's burning up the track

Guru Out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back