D2 for 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So good to have a break from footy, (especially for us) but also very good to be back to it this weekend!!

We are pretty much half way now, and at this point people start talking about team of the year (so far).

Does anybody want to have a stab at one? Or mention which players would be considered from there respective clubs?

Aquinas v St Leos by 20pts
Eltham by 50pts v Old Westbourne
Therry Penola by 6pts as whisper McKernan to pull boots on v Glen Eira
La Trobe University v St Johns by 12pts
South Melbourne Districts by 15pts v St Marys Salesian

Hi everyone, good to be back. So now for this week:

Aquinas vs St Leo's
Old Eltham vs Old Westbourne
Therry Penola vs Glen Eira
La Trobe University vs St Johns
South Melbourne vs St Marys Salesian

Glen Eria can they be stopped this year ?
Therry did Cory Mc kernan play on the weekend ?
St Johns are on a roll but i think they lack a quality ruckman to be a serious threat in septermber
latobe seem to be missing a lot of players like van oui,McClean ,sheilds can any one shed some light on these players i dont think they will go too deep in the sep action this year
St leos are there abouts might scrap into the finals if the students fall over but wont progress deep in the late action

Not sure what you mean there Uwe....but no, I haven't been invited. Tipping, I'm allowed to rock up and watch a good game of suburbian football.

Might even enjoy a hotdog or two...
Enjoy the game guest? How were the dogs? Ventured to Oak Park myself. Simply the harder side won. Injury to Therry player in the last 1/4 didn't look good. Worse still, while he lay motionless, every Therry player ran into a huddle 50 metres away. The field umpires at least stood by him for the minutes it seemed for trainers to get to him. Anyone else notice how the boy was deserted.....

Glen Eria can they be stopped this year ?
Therry did Cory Mc kernan play on the weekend ?
St Johns are on a roll but i think they lack a quality ruckman to be a serious threat in septermber
latobe seem to be missing a lot of players like van oui,McClean ,sheilds can any one shed some light on these players i dont think they will go too deep in the sep action this year
St leos are there abouts might scrap into the finals if the students fall over but wont progress deep in the late action

Cory McKernan did not play. I was assured by Therry Cory was only going to play three or four games. He claimed the games would not be ones that counted. Lets wait and see. GE are struggling with injuries at the moment and hopefully seven or eight players will be available in the next couple of weeks. The win Saturday was GE's second only win at the Therry ground.

Enjoy the game guest? How were the dogs? Ventured to Oak Park myself. Simply the harder side won. Injury to Therry player in the last 1/4 didn't look good. Worse still, while he lay motionless, every Therry player ran into a huddle 50 metres away. The field umpires at least stood by him for the minutes it seemed for trainers to get to him. Anyone else notice how the boy was deserted.....

Had a hot dog....it was delightful.

Enjoyed the game too....it was a good day for footy, be it a little windy, other than that, perfect.
Got there for the 2nd half of the 2nds game. (Which was also of good standard).

I thought the harder side won too, however, in the first half, I did think Therry had plenty of chances to be at least 3 goals up at half time, they obviously didn't take these chances but their tackling in the 1st half was sensational. Glen Eira just too good in the 2nd half, 3rd quarter really went to town, Glen Boyd unstoppable but the delivery from the midfield was pretty good, and don't think that Boyd's opponent from Therry could do much to stop it. Therry definately were far from disgraced, and seem to have the strongest 2nds side in the comp so you'd think they will be there abouts. All in all enjoyed the game....good standard of footy, Therry seems like a good club to be at (based on how many people were in the social rooms after the game).

I did notice the Therry player hurt & stretchered off, however I didn't think that the players left him - but didn't look into it too much. I thought Therry had a little bit of momentum at that stage in the last quarter - I didn't think they'd win, but started well in the final term until this incident. Tom Paterson was good again for mine, and Number 4 in the midfield for Glen Eira. For Therry, thought Justin Crotty was good, and their ruckman tried all day.

Akka i heard on that ever trusting grapevine on the weekend that the Werribee coach has been sounded out by your club for next year along with the hope of some players to be or not to be is the question.

Akka i heard on that ever trusting grapevine on the weekend that the Werribee coach has been sounded out by your club for next year along with the hope of some players to be or not to be is the question.

What?? I highly doubt that districts. I can't imagine Kirk jumping off the Werribee train whilst it is still climbing the VAFA ladder. Further to that Andrew Horsburgh is currently coaching us, we are having a tough year obviously, but he is the coach, and we are behind him.

Drawing a very long bow there.....you sure that grapevine you were on wasn't actually a wine tasting at a vine-yard? You know your meant to spit the wine out after you taste it....

So it seems nothing can stop the Glen Eira Juggernaut. They seem destined for the flag this year. I think the 7-8 out in the ones probably cost them in the 2's. Seems as though Boyd is unstoppable and they have Paterson who's probably the best player in the comp. Glen Eira have 4 weeks off until there next big challenge so will give them time to get some players back.

As for teams (in this case Therry) leaving players to fend for themselves while laying on the ground until trainers arrive, I don't see this as a bad thing unless the bloke was unconcious and swallowing his tongue. Then it becomes a lack of "care of duty" to a fellow player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So it seems nothing can stop the Glen Eira Juggernaut. They seem destined for the flag this year. I think the 7-8 out in the ones probably cost them in the 2's. Seems as though Boyd is unstoppable and they have Paterson who's probably the best player in the comp. Glen Eira have 4 weeks off until there next big challenge so will give them time to get some players back.

As for teams (in this case Therry) leaving players to fend for themselves while laying on the ground until trainers arrive, I don't see this as a bad thing unless the bloke was unconcious and swallowing his tongue. Then it becomes a lack of "care of duty" to a fellow player.
He was motionless, no one would know if a tongue was swallowed, cos nobody looked or seemed to care. Almost jumped the fence myself, but you can't do that. Those around me were stunned.

Look i wasnt there, but is this a sh!t stir ?? its pretty much standard procedure these days to pull in the group and try to stay focused on the game, especially for the younger players who would normally either a) fire up and do something dumb or b) go into there shell's a bit!!

I just dont see where your coming from here, its the trainers/physio/doc's job, your pretty much told not to touch players in that state unless qualified to do so... As long as one player checked the mouthgaurd issue then there's nothing more to do!!!

As for nothing being able to stop the Glen Eira juggernaut....2 words
.....GEELONG 2008.

I reckon any of Therry, LU, ESL and the JOCs might all fancy their chances on any given day.

FFS its round 9...not preliminary final week yet.

He was motionless, no one would know if a tongue was swallowed, cos nobody looked or seemed to care. Almost jumped the fence myself, but you can't do that. Those around me were stunned.

As I mentioned before I didn't look too much into this incident at all....having said that, I did notice the player watching the remainder of the game from the sidelines near me on crutches with Ice around his knee...so I'm assuming that it wasn't a head collision or tongue swallowing (very extreme) incident.

Just a rumour Akka now i no theres no truth in it thats fine. i thought you would have the answer.

Yeah I know mate. I thought I would kill it right there though. Have you tried pasting this on the C section forum yet? I'm sure you would get some interesting replies.....

No mate dont want any trouble but also heard he might be having a crack at your younger brother been sighted a couple of times training with the Tiges.???

No mate don't want any trouble but also heard he might be having a crack at your younger brother been sighted a couple of times training with the Tiges.???

hahaha another rumour I doubt holds any truth. Only reason he is training there is because he cant get to lockington during the week....

And i thought that me and Dr Truth were one and the same.....hmm very interesting/confusing

To the tips (you know you want it):
Aqu v St L - St Leo in a canter
Elt v OW - Turtles by 35
TP v GE - Match of the round but GE have taken all before them this year and will take this one too. GE 6 points
LaT v St J - Should be a craker but the students at home by 15points
SMD v SMS - Sth have been getting better and better as the year rolls on but this will be a lot closer than people think, in fact i'm tipping an upset. SMS by 4 points.

You heard it here first

Guru Out!
Great tipping by me, I mean Guru. At year end the result at middle park will be more defining than any other for the weekend. I declare SMS safe, the bottom 3 now in order for the year. Those SMD visitors rooms are a real treat. Guess there would be no chance of Ajax allowing use of their rooms for visiting sides? Perhaps if a payment was involved, all parties could win?

Alright, alright phantom, next time, won't your mates shout you a drink?

Alright, alright phantom, next time, won't your mates shout you a drink?[/quote]

That is quite an assumption by you, Dr Truth, that he has mates!!:rolleyes:

Ok lads Rd 9 tips;

Aquinas v St Leos by 45pts
Eltham by 39pts v Old Westbourne
Therry Penola by 11pts as whisper McKernan to pull boots on v Glen Eira
La Trobe University v St Johns by 29pts
South Melbourne Districts by 75pts v St Marys Salesian

Ressies:

St Leos
Eltham
Therry
St Johns
St Marys Salesian

Ok missed the boat with Therry to beat Glen Eira and way off with the SMD vs SMS result.

SMS now 2 games clear of the bottom 2. Glen Eira all but assured top imo.

Rd 10 tips from the freak;

Eltham vs Emmaus St Leos 33pts
South Melbourne Districts vs Therry Penola 39pts
Glen Eira 74pts
vs Old Westbourne
SMS vs Latrobe 41pts
St Johns 68pts
vs Aquinas

Rd 10 tips

Eltham vs Emmaus St Leos Tipping the Animals to stay in touch with the top 4 here, but it wouldn’t surprise if the Turtles dragged one out.
ESL are suspect on the larger grounds and Eltham’s ground is certainly large.

South Melbourne Districts vs Therry Penola Therry to bounce back with a’ W’ here SMD are simply too unreliable to be a genuine contender. The twilight zone waits for them for the next 9 weeks (i.e. they are too good for relegation, but equally no hope of finals footy)

Glen Eira vs Old Westbourne
Danger game for the ladder leaders here… or not

SMS vs Latrobe
SMS will fancy their chances after last week’s meritorious performance but the Students pumped them first time around. The Students put in their worst performance for 2011 on the postage stamp at Packer Park, so maybe just maybe SMS might be able to lock it down.
On balance though, I can't see LU letting this one slip-Students just.

St Johns vs Aquinas JOCs will keep coming …Their form has been red hot for 7 weeks and they loom as real contenders. The Ringwood bloods will again give their all, but pure talent will prevail.

Magoos tips
ESL
TP
GE
LU
JOCs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back