D2 D2 Section 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As for the EDFL having a look at themselves, how about the tatic of VAFA clubs bribing the best 16-18 years olds with free boots and the like, EDFL builds from the ground up.

Saints, maybe you could be so kind as to talk us all through the EDFL way of "building from the ground up"..maybe even use the Marby Park and Greenvale methods as the example.

Where do we start...hmmm...Bicer, Sir, Hassall, Randallo, Obst, Paxman, Caddy, Howse, Hakim, Buttigeig, Wichello, Towner, Broadbent, Kinnear, Ayres, Gray..all worked their way up through the Greenvale & Marby junior systems right?

Hand off it pal.

i dont even no what u northern saint boys are doing on this page, i think u should go back and discuss issues on the edfl sight, but really in the edfl no one gives a shit about b grade and the sides that rise up to a grade clearly can not cut it in the higher grade unless they find a spare 200k.

At least teams in the ammos can rise the grades and still be competitive with just having to recruit a couple of players. And you will find 50 percent of most seniour sides in the ammos have all come thru there under 19s where you have a look at any other side in edfl u probably lucky to get 4 or 5

Good luck too the northern saints this year ;)

As I said earlier... Every club does it. Who wouldn't?

It's disappointing when it happens to your club and mates but you have to move on. Every club goes through it at some stage. I don't think the Saints are used to such home grown players going so it might be a little hard.

Rees has played over 200 games since juniors for the club and is a star CHF in the making. Muldoon would have played over 100 and Moylan close to 200 so there is a lot of football at one club there. Mills has played and coached many games as well.

I'm interested to see how they go. Moylan might thrive as there will be less intimidation and (I'm guessing) contested ball than EDFL B, and that would be his greatest weakness.

Rees will dominate. He is hitting his prime and had he had more support last year he would have ripped a defense apart.

Muldoon is unassuming but always gets the job done and will relish more support across half forward or half back.

Therry have done well to secure the four Saints blokes and I am tipping them to do well this year.

I think those boys coming from EDFL into D2 Ammos thinking they will dominate might be in for a little surprise..... You still have to put the work in to get the rewards. The good teams in D2 Ammos would be very competitive in EDFL B grade.

agreed but it is only edfl b grade people who think otherwise. and they are normally the people shit canning ammos as well. For them to say that there is alot more contested ball in the edfl is a joke because anytime there is a football game both teams will be going just as hard at the footy.
Or maybe it is because ammos are better skill level ;)

I think those boys coming from EDFL into D2 Ammos thinking they will dominate might be in for a little surprise..... You still have to put the work in to get the rewards. The good teams in D2 Ammos would be very competitive in EDFL B grade.

agreed but it is only edfl b grade people who think otherwise. and they are normally the people shit canning ammos as well. For them to say that there is alot more contested ball in the edfl is a joke because anytime there is a football game both teams will be going just as hard at the footy.
Or maybe it is because ammos are better skill level ;)
The funny thing is that last time ash mills played for therry penola in 2000 he wasnt that good any way, so therry penola must be struggling if there relying on him to stop the clubs slide down the grades!

That must of been the year they won the premiership and went to b grade. Yeh ur right he must not be.....:rolleyes:

The funny thing is that last time ash mills played for therry penola in 2000 he wasnt that good any way, so therry penola must be struggling if there relying on him to stop the clubs slide down the grades!

that must of been the year they won the premiership and went to b grade. Yeh ur right he must not be.....:rolleyes:
he didnt even finish in the top 20 of the best and fairest that year! I can tell u now that more people are worried about who is leaving the club (corey bannister) rather than who is coming (mills)

he didnt even finish in the top 20 of the best and fairest that year! I can tell u now that more people are worried about who is leaving the club (corey bannister) rather than who is coming (mills)

Not true about 2000 VAFArules. As a explayer at the club, I recall Mills was a starting onballer and very important player if I remember correctly on GF day in a preimership team and finished top 6-8 in the B&F for the year. Of course this was all a very long time ago but i'm sure a player of his experience and leadership in any capacity will still be very valuable at the club seeing as they have struggled for so long now. Regarding Bannister, have Therry let him walk out - surely not? He was always a very exciting player up forward and Therry can not afford to lose a player of his quality. Has he definitely left? Are you involved down at the club? Good luck to Therry for 2009

As I said earlier... Every club does it. Who wouldn't?

It's disappointing when it happens to your club and mates but you have to move on. Every club goes through it at some stage. I don't think the Saints are used to such home grown players going so it might be a little hard.

Rees has played over 200 games since juniors for the club and is a star CHF in the making. Muldoon would have played over 100 and Moylan close to 200 so there is a lot of football at one club there. Mills has played and coached many games as well.

I'm interested to see how they go. Moylan might thrive as there will be less intimidation and (I'm guessing) contested ball than EDFL B, and that would be his greatest weakness.

Rees will dominate. He is hitting his prime and had he had more support last year he would have ripped a defense apart.

Muldoon is unassuming but always gets the job done and will relish more support across half forward or half back.

Therry have done well to secure the four Saints blokes and I am tipping them to do well this year.
Coach has also been enquiring about players from strathmore (past and present )to play this year.If they decide to come they will have a very competatve side.They will be back..............

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Allow me to translate...

- Doesn't win his own ball and can come across as soft at times. I assume he has 'silky skills'

- Appears to be a good player & will need to be as he has big shoes to fill with the departure of Bannister. If he's looking for support he's come to the wrong place, Bannister despite dominating games last year couldn't drag his side across the line due to a lack of support, as good as he might be I can't see him being as good as Bannister.

Muldoon is unassuming but always gets the job done and will relish more support across half forward or half back. - Solid reliable player, nothing flash.

Allow me to translate...

Pretty close.
Moylan isn't soft. He just is not physical and could be intimidated by opponents.

Rees is a gun full stop. Was just saying with extra support he would dominate. He can also play in the midfield.

Muldoon isn't a star but always plays well and does his job. Did kick bags of 8 and 6 last year.

Allow me to translate...

That's just how it sounded to me Mabukka.

Hard ball get "Moylan isn't soft. He just is not physical and could be intimidated by opponents."

That to me spells soft, time will tell though. I have'nt seen any of these blokes play, but I can't see anyone filling the shoes of Corey Bannister. The bloke is a freak. Put him in a decent side with better delivery, and he will only be harder to stop. Can't wait to see what damage he will do to some of the EDFL teams:eek:

That's just how it sounded to me Mabukka.

Hard ball get "Moylan isn't soft. He just is not physical and could be intimidated by opponents."

That to me spells soft, time will tell though. I have'nt seen any of these blokes play, but I can't see anyone filling the shoes of Corey Bannister. The bloke is a freak. Put him in a decent side with better delivery, and he will only be harder to stop. Can't wait to see what damage he will do to some of the EDFL teams:eek:

A player that is not physical is not necessarily soft. It simply means they are not renowned for being hard and in and at it.

First time writer, long time reader...

Enough is Enough....this forum has to liven the hell up....it's Feb, NAB starts next week. All the ammo clubs are back in full training & surely there are additional new recruits @ clubs other than Therry. Also clubs may have lost players as well...? Any rumours people???

I myself am just a hack, enjoy running out with my mates on a Saturday, and enjoy just as much a well earned beverage on a Saturday night with the same crew.

Mind you, Feb training isn't for me...but I did venture down and have a bit of a squizz at some mates at Oak Park train in the EDFL....Therry were training next door, had a peak and I'm sure to God I seen a very fit, very determined C.Bannister running around with his mates & 2 brothers. Also seen Ash Mills & Nth Coburg Alliance running around.

Yours Truly,

Number 70.

Every year there is 1 team that dominates their leagues forum discussions, at this stage I'm going to go out on a limb and predict that Therry will be that side in 2009.

Few personalities lost with Werribee and St Leos going up: Drifter, Table Tennis and the like. Probabaly the reason its so quiet this time of year. Im sure it will liven up come March/April.

Why Therry though???

Last year they finished 3rd or 4th last....surely there is some more juicier goss out there from other clubs.

My Predictions this year are as follows:

Williamstown
Banyule
Ivanhoe
Old Paradians

Yarra Valley
Old Westbourne
Glen Eira
Penisula
Therry
Eltham

Anyone elses thoughts?

Williamstown have all the makings of a team that will go through the grades?

Cheers

Number 70

Why Therry though???

Last year they finished 3rd or 4th last....surely there is some more juicier goss out there from other clubs.

My Predictions this year are as follows:

Williamstown
Banyule
Ivanhoe
Old Paradians

Yarra Valley
Old Westbourne
Glen Eira
Penisula
Therry
Eltham

Anyone elses thoughts?

Williamstown have all the makings of a team that will go through the grades?

Cheers

Number 70

good work number 70 good to see someone is posting some sence for once. I hope you dont actually where a ridiculous number like number 70 on the field but! U must be a hack

Thanks Mysterydog, nah, don't where Number 70 but yes, I am still a hack.

What about yourself, do you have a kick Mystery??? I bet, your a self proclaimed champion like most from the other threads I have read over the years.... however not saying anyone on the D2 thread are like that!!

Thanks Mysterydog, nah, don't where Number 70 but yes, I am still a hack.

What about yourself, do you have a kick Mystery??? I bet, your a self proclaimed champion like most from the other threads I have read over the years.... however not saying anyone on the D2 thread are like that!!

I am the only champion left running around in d2 number70, beware of the dog!

Hurstbridge Football Club (Northern Football League Div 2) is looking for a practice match Seniors, Reserves & u/19's on March 28th or 29th @ an away venue.

Please contact our Senior coach Chris on 0430 583 245.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back