D3 D3 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOunds like a good pick up on paper & should bring back some ex Bentleigh players from what I understand have been running around with Phillip Island.
Only one ex-Bentleigh player.. the rest of the apparent recruits are guys who live in and around Melbourne, are sick of the travell to PI every week to play footy and are following the coach to our club, which is a massive positive and must say something about the guy!!

Also.. it was confirmed last night that Bentleigh were certain starters in D3 but I guess everyone officially finds out from the league in 5 days?? Is this when they will release fixtures??

I'm led to believe that Elsternwick have announced their coaches for 2009. Dennis Grace re-appointed with Dave Smith his assistant (answers alot of questions people were asking). Steve Hall to coach the 2nd's

I'm led to believe that Elsternwick have announced their coaches for 2009. Dennis Grace re-appointed with Dave Smith his assistant (answers alot of questions people were asking). Steve Hall to coach the 2nd's

Steve Hall
.... now that name rings a bell;)

**laugh** wonder if he'll get a "how do you do" from all our demon supporters when the bombers travel to arthur st next year... ;)

time to get some of the other clubs involved on here again so lets get back onto more of a general topic. I hear our pre season training starts on dec1 so heres a great question, when does everyone else start theirs? always good to compare who is getting into it sooner or later than the others and also whether clubs have their grounds available to train on? Ive seen our ground has just been re-layed and things are looking good down there.

so the 2 questions Im posting: when does pre season begin for the rest of you and (seeing we are hearing alot about bentleigh recruits) what big recruits might all you other clubs see for 2009?

so the 2 questions Im posting: when does pre season begin for the rest of you and (seeing we are hearing alot about bentleigh recruits) what big recruits might all you other clubs see for 2009?[/quote said:
I believe the SMS Text messages start mid November. There ground is been fixed as well with summer grass being put on it and according to my sauce they can water it all summer. Speaking to my mate who knows the new coaches ,apparantley they have already picked up i think 7 blokes who played A grade or 1st division last year. Cant confirm names but working on it. rumour has it they have also put in place a fitness coach

I don't know anything about any admin officer and have never mentioned it. I think your mistaken WhiteNikes.:confused:

Sorry mate, must have imagined it.
Redandblue, i saw stewie walking down the street the other day he is looking primed for a big preseason!

I believe the SMS Text messages start mid November. There ground is been fixed as well with summer grass being put on it and according to my sauce they can water it all summer. Speaking to my mate who knows the new coaches ,apparantley they have already picked up i think 7 blokes who played A grade or 1st division last year. Cant confirm names but working on it. rumour has it they have also put in place a fitness coach

We at SMS start pre-season training on Wednesday 19th November, and yes, the summer grass has been layed and is going well. May have to take training to a few different venues for a while. All the boys are looking forward to the work of the fitness coach and his 2 assistants! Looking a being a big one!! Training Wednesdays before Xmas and Monday, Wednesday & Friday's after.

As far as recruits go........we will just leave that in house for now!! Lets just say we are looking forward to an exciting and succesful year at the Saints!!

We at SMS start pre-season training on Wednesday 19th November, and yes, the summer grass has been layed and is going well. May have to take training to a few different venues for a while. All the boys are looking forward to the work of the fitness coach and his 2 assistants! Looking a being a big one!! Training Wednesdays before Xmas and Monday, Wednesday & Friday's after.

As far as recruits go........we will just leave that in house for now!! Lets just say we are looking forward to an exciting and succesful year at the Saints!!

Cmon Griff, give us something! You will be setting a dangerous precedent by keeping quiet

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry mate, must have imagined it.
Redandblue, i saw stewie walking down the street the other day he is looking primed for a big preseason!

**laugh** you shouldve come up & said gday, nikes!! ;)

this is true - im already using the sherrin whilst i do a lap at the start of CRICKET training every tuesday & thursday.

the hand has come up beautifully after the operation in july & im ready to go for season 2009!!

apparantley they have already picked up i think 7 blokes who played A grade or 1st division last year. Cant confirm names but working on it

Didnt come from either coach I can personally confirm that ;). Neither coach has discussed any aspect of the playing list. They have not even had the pre season meet and greet yet. Griff has it nailed on the head regarding pre season. In terms of playing list more will be known once pre season gets under way. The club is definately working hard to improve the list but it is october. Its all speculation as to who is and isnt playing at this stage. More will be revealed down the road:D

We at SMS start pre-season training on Wednesday 19th November
Yeah pretty standard date to start training.. we have in the past started mid November, but for some reason don't find ourselves out there 'til December.
I would suggest it may have something to do with the coach being away (currently in Bali) but there is a "meet the new coaches" day between now and then so who knows??
Maybe they just think 6 sessions before Christmas is enough.
Anyway it's good to see it's now the Bentleigh and SMS forum.. the only two clubs giving ourselves any chance?.. :rolleyes:

Yeah pretty standard date to start training.. we have in the past started mid November, but for some reason don't find ourselves out there 'til December.
I would suggest it may have something to do with the coach being away (currently in Bali) but there is a "meet the new coaches" day between now and then so who knows??
Maybe they just think 6 sessions before Christmas is enough.
Anyway it's good to see it's now the Bentleigh and SMS forum.. the only two clubs giving ourselves any chance?.. :rolleyes:

id think some blokes might get together before official preseason starts to maybe go for a run?? who knows, you might see a few lads burning it up around dendy park!!

funny how its the 2 relegation teams talking it up here... rest of d3 is running scared methinks!! ;)

So in other words, you don't have anyone new signed up then?

So in other words, you don't have anyone new signed up then?
The reality is that nobody has any new players registered yet so it is all pure speculation. Players are good @ BS & this time of year tell clubs what they want to hear but the real test is when rego's open & they sign on the dotted line

That being said there is no need to keep everything tight lipped so it would be good to see a few rumoured signings other than Bentleigh with Andy Kellaway & few from Phillip Isalnd.

What about player losses? Who is rumoured to be leaving that will have a big impact on clubs?

The reality is that nobody has any new players registered yet so it is all pure speculation. Players are good @ BS & this time of year tell clubs what they want to hear but the real test is when rego's open & they sign on the dotted line

That being said there is no need to keep everything tight lipped so it would be good to see a few rumoured signings other than Bentleigh with Andy Kellaway & few from Phillip Island.

What about player losses? Who is rumoured to be leaving that will have a big impact on clubs?

100% correct TT. As with Kellaway & the Island crew I'll wait until everything is official, & the money has changed hands... ooops I mean the players are registered. :D

Didnt come from either coach I can personally confirm that ;). Neither coach has discussed any aspect of the playing list. They have not even had the pre season meet and greet yet. Griff has it nailed on the head regarding pre season. In terms of playing list more will be known once pre season gets under way. The club is definately working hard to improve the list but it is october. Its all speculation as to who is and isnt playing at this stage. More will be revealed down the road:D

From what I know of Aaron and Daniel they will be good coaches. Still young and very excited about what they do. I would expect them to recruit well for your club.

Cmon Griff, give us something! You will be setting a dangerous precedent by keeping quiet

As Tiget Tuff said, the reality is that nobody can 100% confirm any signing yet as its only October! Anything can happen!!!! But we are all happy at SMS with the progress already for 2009!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back