D3 Ammos

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
knackers_2 said:
No official function - Boycie is adjudicating a white wine skull off between Creeky and Super. Those boys love fermented grape guts.

Great work from the boys at UHS to help with the grape glut

MotorBike Rob said:
Tips for the weekend:

Monash over the students by 70pts
South Melb over Marys - 100+. Altough Marys will be "itching" for their first win
WB vs Bentleigh - WB in low scoring game but easy win 34points
Swinburne v Elsternwick - The Swine's home ground advantage on the naturestrip wont help them here - Elsternwick 25points
OW v Kew - close game. Both clubs had a lot to think abouton and off the field in the last couple of weeks. Lets hope they can both pull it together, both clubs needing to get some pride back to their respective clubs. OW - 14pts

Thoughts?

As you have finally made an effort to talk about football, I thought it warranted a response, reckon you are around the mark with all your selections although I expect a few to be a lot closer than tipped.

Would any of you die hard D3 people agree that South Melbourne Districts big man Bill Magee is the best footbaler running around this comp??.
Last year the bloke won a b and f in the Edfl A grade and surely he is tearing the competion aprt..

madpie said:
Would any of you die hard D3 people agree that South Melbourne Districts big man Bill Magee is the best footbaler running around this comp??.
Last year the bloke won a b and f in the Edfl A grade and surely he is tearing the competion aprt..

Fair call mate i no the boys down the districts are rapt to have him at the club. Anyone no any results from todays games.

Massive rumours circulating Old Westbourne that if they make D2 next season then some very handy types will playing for them as they continue their rise up the amateur hierachy.

stay tuned.

Suffolk Lad said:
I didnt quite nail all the margins but results pretty much as I expected.

The magoos OW big win over Kew was the biggest upset. Was there a player count and Kew's score wiped? Did Kew swap their 1s and 2s team lineups?

Kew had 31 players unavailable in both sides, typical of commitment levels that some lower grade teams show. Seniors had 15 players who have played reserves this year. Reserves had 20 players and in recent weeks have had 20 players missing out on a game.

Westbourne seniors looked just fair. I think that South, Bentleigh and West Brunswick are definitely ahead of them I think they will make the finals as Elsternwick are just a side.

Horsborough played vey well as a roaming player across midfield and half back. They have very good on ballers, especially 77# who is a hard tough running player. I think their weakness will be their backline.

Their ground has magnificant facilities but as a ground an absolute shocker. Will be good in about 10 years when they get some houses and tress nearby. Reminds me very much of VFL park. Freezing cold, plenty of wind and in the middle of nowhere!!!

I see the Bloods stopped scratching their jocks for long enough to register a big win, the fat bar stewards!:D

thanks for your insights Madpie, or should i say...... Bill Magee..... keep talking yourself up....

Vineyard - If OW make it to D2 next year, will they recieve the same service from OW trainers as some of the other teams in D3 have in the past?? I know a couple of blokes up there who are going through a rough patch, and this could be just what they need.

Are you involved or do you play with West Brunswick Motor Bike? If so I guess you will be hoping for the bloke listed below to cop at least 2 weeks, lest he give you the stare of "Death".

TRIBUNAL ATTENDANCE FOR TUESDAY JULY 4
PLAYERS

Wesley Death, Kew

West Brunswick? You insult me. You may get the chance in a few weeks though..... Just check the carpark for the bike with the plates "Robsta".....

Vineyard said:
Massive rumours circulating Old Westbourne that if they make D2 next season then some very handy types will playing for them as they continue their rise up the amateur hierachy.

stay tuned.

Who are they Vineyard? Name names????

(Log in to remove this ad.)

David Nicola from Westbourne got reported for slapping a Kew player in the face...

Awesome way to cop two weeks...

A little excessive from the umpire I think.

Looks like Westbourne may have uncovered a new key position player on the weekend. Anderson #22 looked like the wind was going to blow him away at one stage, but managed to take a few strong contested marks.

A query on his kicking skills, but the kid can find the footy.

Dubya said:
Looks like Westbourne may have uncovered a new key position player on the weekend. Anderson #22 looked like the wind was going to blow him away at one stage, but managed to take a few strong contested marks.

A query on his kicking skills, but the kid can find the footy.

Is that the same bloke who was playing ressies a few weeks ago, took a hanger in the goal square and hit the post from directly in front, only 12m out??

dave31 said:
Is that the same bloke who was playing ressies a few weeks ago, took a hanger in the goal square and hit the post from directly in front, only 12m out??

Not sure. But after watching his kicking style it wouldn't surprise me.

The kid has issues there, but at least he can get the footy in the first place.

Maybe Westbourne could have a team rule that all little blokes need to run past for the handball whenever he gets the pill.

dave31 said:
Who are they Vineyard? Name names????

I've heard there are two players from the Ballarat league who have links to Westbourne.

One from Bacchus Marsh and one from Darley.

Both absolute guns.

Is this close to the money Vineyard?

oldtimer said:
Their ground has magnificant facilities but as a ground an absolute shocker. Will be good in about 10 years when they get some houses and tress nearby. Reminds me very much of VFL park. Freezing cold, plenty of wind and in the middle of nowhere!!!

Magnificent facilities. You must be referring to the change rooms Old Timer as the only blokes from Kew I saw in the clubrooms after the game were skipper Tinetti, old Belly and the timekeeper, and I'm pretty sure you're none of them. Disappointing turnout considering the recent rivalry, both seniors and ressies, between the two clubs.

Old Warrior said:
Magnificent facilities. You must be referring to the change rooms Old Timer as the only blokes from Kew I saw in the clubrooms after the game were skipper Tinetti, old Belly and the timekeeper, and I'm pretty sure you're none of them. Disappointing turnout considering the recent rivalry, both seniors and ressies, between the two clubs.

In defence of Kew it's a long way home, especially considering customs, quarrantine, changing time zones etc.

Old Warrior said:

Spoke to your vice president before game and he took me on a tour of the clubrooms. I think his last name was Hodgson. Did buy a beer and donated money to the raffle of a slab gave my tickets to the guy behind the bar. However, had to leave due early due to a prior commitment.

Horsborough played vey well as a roaming player across midfield and half back. They have very good on ballers, especially 77# who is a hard tough running player. I think their weakness will be their backline.

Interesting comment about Westbourne's backline being their weakness. Considering they are only 30 points behind Sth Melb from conceeding the least score over the year I think this comment is a little off.

Elsternwick (12 goals) and Bentleigh (15 goals) are the two highest scoring teams against Westbourne.

Not exactly signs of a weak backline...

Dubya said:
I've heard there are two players from the Ballarat league who have links to Westbourne.

One from Bacchus Marsh and one from Darley.

Both absolute guns.

Is this close to the money Vineyard?

Your a little off the mark with the Darley player as Old Westbourne cant and couldnt afford him, and obviously dont pay in the ammos. Bacchus Marsh player is true and closer to the mark and also a player returning from a hiatus in the Northern Territory.

Vineyard said:
Your a little off the mark with the Darley player as Old Westbourne cant and couldnt afford him, and obviously dont pay in the ammos. Bacchus Marsh player is true and closer to the mark and also a player returning from a hiatus in the Northern Territory.
Vineyard - what is the rumoured players name?

Vineyard said:
Bacchus Marsh player is true and closer to the mark and also a player returning from a hiatus in the Northern Territory.

Must be troubled times down at the swamp, as WB 'received' their renaissance man during the pre-season. Although they are still in negotiations with them to have him sent back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back