D3 Ammos

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boys, boys, boys.

I have enjoyed reading the banter on this board, and have resisted putting on a post until now.

Now I know who most of you are posting these jibes and are trying to get me to bite. I said to myself I wouldn't , but I guess the fact I am posting this message means that I have.

So now that I have biten, I will respect your anonymity, however, I need to clarify a few points regarding that guff that has been posted.

Pat Bateman said:
Anyone seen the poll going on on the vafa website? The public has spoken concerning Gavan Flower. When three times as many people prefer Tom Brain to yourself the question must be asked, why bother? Perhaps the drinking bird could take over scribe duties mid-season.

Come on mate. As if anyone could seriously vote for Tom Brain other than for a laugh? Either he has a family member voting 24 hours a day or he has some internet bot doing the work for him. The drinking bird is an interesting concept though for D3.....

the lip said:
Gavan Flower, i know heaps of people that cant stand him. I heard a couple of weeks ago that he gets around with a few of the old westbourne boys they were seen at that low club in werribee together.

Not sure what this one means? Werribee Club? If that means Hoppers Crossing, well that would be true as I am President of the Cricket Club there, but not to watch a game? And if it means Werribee Amos, well that is not true.

Pat Bateman said:
Most of the OW boys don't know who he is or even that he used to be connected with the club. By all reports was a very limited ressies player.

Come on Pat, I know that you know who I am. How could anyone under the age of 25 forget my sledging of Dave Twomey for running drills the wrong way around or cracking the sads for having Gatorade tipped all over me and ripping off the classic quote "f&^k you all, I am going to play at West Brunswick!!!"

As for the youngsters, may have to agree there. Quite a few new faces around the place, but after I run the Trivia Night this week, they won't forget this pretty face in a hurry!!

Anyway guys, I enjoy the banter in here. Keep it up, I will make some more postings now that I have broken radio silence.

My tip for the flag is still Bentleigh by the way!

Congratulations to St Mary's for hoisting their first win. Maybe the relegation battle is not the lay-down misere it was thought to be until recently. Q must surely be looking over their broad shoulders.

A bit early in the week, but given the dearth of footballing chatter on this otherwise fine forum I thought I'd throw my tips in. Subject to change depending on the teams named:

Bentleigh to burst the saints' bubble by 6 goals.
Souths to inflict further suffering on the Q boys; 10 goal margin.
Warner Brothers to keep the mythical creatures beneath them; 5 goals.
Pigs to trounce Boycey's boys; 12 goals.
Old Warriors' mighty defence to struggle under the flame of the Wick attack. A tight battle that will be decided by <2goals in the home side's favour.

My tip for the flag is still Bentleigh by the way![/quote]

This comment definitely has some merit…..but has a team that has suffered a 100+ point loss in home and away ever gone on to win the flag??

gavone said:
My tip for the flag is still Bentleigh by the way!

collinsr said:
This comment definitely has some merit…..but has a team that has suffered a 100+ point loss in home and away ever gone on to win the flag??

Good call, but I am sure it has happened many times.

I can remember the Pies going down to the Hawks by a similar margin in 1990 just before the finals.

MotorBike Rob said:
did you have to check "wear" with the spell check ringLips? or is that your mum again?
big 'robsta' talking tuff as usual. you are tuff rob!

iTap said:
Who will they play in the Grand Final do you reckon?
definitely not south melbourne mate i reckon bentleigh has them covered!The boys from south looked intimidated on the weekend.

iTap said:
Who will they play in the Grand Final do you reckon?

You would have to say the Swans at the minute (despite the Lips sarcasm), however, I would not be surprised if the Wickers were up there, especially if they have less injuries than what they are carrying at the minute.

They have to make it first though, and I reckon this could be a battle.

Are we forgetting a couple of key stats? Sth Melb has beaten Bentleigh twice and OW is the only team to have beaten Sth Melb! Sth Melb is 2 games clear on top, and Bentleigh isnt even inside the 4! I rate Bentleigh based on how they beat us, but have to rate Sth Melb pretty high if they have Bentleigh's number and look comfortably set to take double chance. Bentleigh might need to concentrate on making the 4! (along with the other three teams in that battle!)

When all is said and done i think any of the top 5 could make the GF! And OW have proven Sths are beatable!

the lip said:
definitely not south melbourne mate i reckon bentleigh has them covered!The boys from south looked intimidated on the weekend.

I had to double check the results after reading this comment mate? How can you say Bentleigh had them 'covered' and 'intimidated' if they went down by 5 goals? :confused: Are you serious?!?!?!?

Gavone said:
You would have to say the Swans at the minute (despite the Lips sarcasm), however, I would not be surprised if the Wickers were up there, especially if they have less injuries than what they are carrying at the minute.

Gav, having read the weekly record this season as an impartial 'spectator', I've been surprised with the lack of respect you seem to have for South?? You rarely seem to tip them; and now with South two games clear on top you still seem to struggle with tipping tham as a GF chance?? Do you know something the D3 footy world doesn't??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Results of Investigation Hearings – Tuesday July 11, 2006
Albert Park seniors played too many players during their match against North Brunswick on July 1 at Allard Park for two minutes of the last quarter.
As the extra player had minor effect on the result of the match the scores will remain the same. Albert Park fined $100.

Interesting result from the tribunal last night...

espresso said:
Gav, having read the weekly record this season as an impartial 'spectator', I've been surprised with the lack of respect you seem to have for South?? You rarely seem to tip them; and now with South two games clear on top you still seem to struggle with tipping tham as a GF chance?? Do you know something the D3 footy world doesn't??

Don't get me wrong, I certainly respect South's season thus far. They have certainly been the front runners of the comp and have pretty much answered every challenge that has been presented to them.

They have also improved their list and when you consider the fact they have pretty much stagnated in D3 since winning their flag in D4 all those years back, no matter what happens from here on in, it is a very good effort.

However, I guess I am still not convinced about their finals credentials. When you look at the recent exeprience that West Brunny, Westbourne and Elsternwick have with their current lists, that may put them in better stead with such an even field. As for Bentleigh, they just look to be the best side we (ie Westbourne) have played this year, so I am perhaps a little swayed by that.

One thing is for certain, there is realistically very little splitting the top five, and any one of the teams could win it with a good run of form, injuries etc.

It is going to be a cracker of a finish!!

Gavone said:

As scribe of D3 Gav i'd be interested to know your thoughts on a team of the half year in D3????

berzerk22 said:
As scribe of D3 Gav i'd be interested to know your thoughts on a team of the half year in D3????

Mate, I put my team in about a week ago and it has not been published yet. Not sure if the VAFA disagreed with my choices, but more likely they just have not had the time to post it.

Therefore, you lads can be the first to see it. Let me just say, it was not an easy task, as injuries to certain players made it hard to choose them combined with the fact scribes did not have a chance to ask the readers their thoughts, which weighs heavily on the choices we make for the end of the year team.

Also, picking players in position was also difficult.

So anyway, this was the side which will be published shortly on the VAFA website and possibly this weeks AF.

B: L.Gorringe (UHS) D.Benn (OW) L.Martin (WB)
HB: B.Batters (WB) A.Banks (Bent) S.Cracknell (UHS)
C: P.Cheevers (SM) B.Irving (WB) S.Aquilina (SM)
HF: C.Horne (Kew) S.Lawry (Bent) B.Mahoney (Elst)
F: C.Sharp (Bent) M.Higgins (Swin) L.Dooley (Gry)
R G.Bell (Kew) W.Mcgee (SM) F.Pavez (OW)
Int: G.Culshaw (Elst) M.Purcell (St.M) J.Horsburgh (OW) D.Baxter (Gry)

Coach Dennis Grace

Gavone said:
Mate, I put my team in about a week ago and it has not been published yet. Not sure if the VAFA disagreed with my choices, but more likely they just have not had the time to post it.

Therefore, you lads can be the first to see it. Let me just say, it was not an easy task, as injuries to certain players made it hard to choose them combined with the fact scribes did not have a chance to ask the readers their thoughts, which weighs heavily on the choices we make for the end of the year team.

Also, picking players in position was also difficult.

So anyway, this was the side which will be published shortly on the VAFA website and possibly this weeks AF.

B: L.Gorringe (UHS) D.Benn (OW) L.Martin (WB)
HB: B.Batters (WB) A.Banks (Bent) S.Cracknell (UHS)
C: P.Cheevers (SM) B.Irving (WB) S.Aquilina (SM)
HF: C.Horne (Kew) S.Lawry (Bent) B.Mahoney (Elst)
F: C.Sharp (Bent) M.Higgins (Swin) L.Dooley (Gry)
R G.Bell (Kew) W.Mcgee (SM) F.Pavez (OW)
Int: G.Culshaw (Elst) M.Purcell (St.M) J.Horsburgh (OW) D.Baxter (Gry)

Coach Dennis Grace

No Chris Hudson from OW? Should be at CHF i think?!?!?!

Have you seen much of Paul Chalmers and a new face at OW Smith?

A very good team in general tho! Good work!

So a player makes the State team while playing in D3 and can't get in the half team of the year?

Mr Flower's previously shown some bias against the boys from Elsternwick Park. Sounds as if it will continue...

berzerk22 said:
I had to double check the results after reading this comment mate? How can you say Bentleigh had them 'covered' and 'intimidated' if they went down by 5 goals? :confused: Are you serious?!?!?!?
no way buddy i was at the game on sat just abit of sacasm in regards to bentleigh winning the flag. Elsternwick is a better team than bentleigh.

c'mon gav, 2 uni high players, 2 kew players, even 1 st mary players. and only room for the 1 grpyhon (tokenly placed as last name on the bench !). this seems a bit harsh. are you suggesting the grpyhons have no good players and are an even side. their recent form pushing elsternwick and old westbourne, clearly makes them 'best of the rest'. they have easily accounted for those sides below them on each occasion they have met (ST M, Kew, UNi, Swinburne) and are only about 5% off some of the better teams. someone must be playing well i would have thought ?.

the lip said:
no way buddy i was at the game on sat just abit of sacasm in regards to bentleigh winning the flag. Elsternwick is a better team than bentleigh.

do you agree with Cheevers being in Gavones team of the half year?

I've heard he's a squib.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back