D3 Ammos

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
desmond15 said:
c'mon gav, 2 uni high players, 2 kew players, even 1 st mary players. and only room for the 1 grpyhon (tokenly placed as last name on the bench !). this seems a bit harsh. are you suggesting the grpyhons have no good players and are an even side. their recent form pushing elsternwick and old westbourne, clearly makes them 'best of the rest'. they have easily accounted for those sides below them on each occasion they have met (ST M, Kew, UNi, Swinburne) and are only about 5% off some of the better teams. someone must be playing well i would have thought ?.
Gryphons have 2 players in the side. Dooley in the FP and Baxter on the Bench.
What about W.Death Gav, couldnt sneak him him?

mcglede said:
So a player makes the State team while playing in D3 and can't get in the half team of the year?

Mr Flower's previously shown some bias against the boys from Elsternwick Park. Sounds as if it will continue...

I can't remember Gav being any more biased against E'wick than other teams in D3. When did this happen mcglede?

All scribes were asked to be a little more "controversial" in there writing this year and Gav has done that in regards to all teams - even his own. OW's coach was on the end of one of his jibes a few weeks back.

If you want to read bias against a team, have a look back at what he wrote about Richmond Centrals in 2004. I think E'wick got off lightly.

But I agree with you that team selection does not look right... I have no idea how Dennis Grace was named as coach.

One jibe? In ten weeks? My god! Mr Flower is fast becomeing a Mike Sheehan clone. What next? Will Mr Flower come out with a "What do you think?" column.

I remember an early season game at EP Number 2 in 2004 where lo and behold, Mr Flower tipped OW. Both had started well, OW had never proven themselves as an a decent away side, but he went with his own team.

Why? We all know why.

Still, no Craig Mahony in that side is pathetic and smacks of either a genuine dislike for either the player or the club. It is common knowledge that he can flat-out play much like his brother Brian (who did make the team). But then again, they belong to a team that played at home last weekend and took on a 1-9 team who were rated a 'genuine contender' by Mr Flower.

103 points later...

McGlede, you have some serious issues, so I am not even going to get into a to-and-fro with you, as you will always think you are correct regardless of what I say.

However, I would like to address the issues you raised about my writing style for people who take the time to read what I write.

I do not hide the fact I barrack for Westbourne, and I would be a clown if I did. How could you not follow a side that you gave your blood, sweat and tears for for over 10 years? However, I do try to keep a good balance with what I write. Old Warrior is correct in saying I do try to be a little controversial without going over the top. And when I am showing a bias to the Warriors, I clearly state it, as I did with tipping them last week against the Gryphons.

He was also correct about the sledging I gave Richmond Centrals. But that was personal, after they attacked me when I was goal-umpiring one game for what they perceived was an incorrect call. Mind you they were 20 goals down at that stage of the game. Go figure??

Also, do not forget that I write the column voluntarily. The reason I give up my time is because I get some enjoyment from a) actually writing the column, b) the interaction with other clubs that I do not get now I am not playing, and c) the end of season scribe's lunch which is now a bit of an institution!! So bear that in mind when you are tearing strips off me.

As for the team, yep, a little bit controversial not including Craig, but the teams of the years always have to strike a balance to try and include players from all clubs, and given I had two from the Wicks plus the coach, I could not find a spot.

I remember an early season game at EP Number 2 in 2004 where lo and behold, Mr Flower tipped OW. Both had started well, OW had never proven themselves as an a decent away side, but he went with his own team.

Mcglede whoopy flipping do, a round 3 fifty fifty match where two sides had two convincing wins so he probably followed his heart a bit get over it mate. I think you'll find Gavan has a good repour with some senior representatives at Estlwck just cos he left one player out, when most sides good confidently argue 5 or 6 blokes deserve a spot doesnt mean he has an issue, I think you have.
I recall Norm Nugent writing back in 1996 that Fitzroy Reds would comfortably beat OW by 5goals on there own turf and OW got up and won by 2goals he must of had serious issues with OW that Nugent.
Get my point wnkr.

mcglede said:
One jibe? In ten weeks? My god! Mr Flower is fast becomeing a Mike Sheehan clone. What next? Will Mr Flower come out with a "What do you think?" column.

If Gavan is the next Mike Sheehan, would that make you the next Caroline Wilson?
It's too hard to pick a lisp through someone's typing, but the chip on the shoulder appears to be about the right size

knackers_2 said:
If Gavan is the next Mike Sheehan, would that make you the next Caroline Wilson?
It's too hard to pick a lisp through someone's typing, but the chip on the shoulder appears to be about the right size

No. The next Caroline Wilson is Boycey. Not a bad look-a-like.

mcglede said:
I have some serious issues Mr Flower?

I'm not the one with the double standards here. That would be...you!

Alright mcglede, that's enough out of you. You have put me in a situation where I am defending Gavaaaan, something I have rarely done and don't plan to do a lot of in the future.

Until you can present a D3 'team of the season' to the forum for open criticism, I don't think you have a leg (or even a femur stump) to stand on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Knackers, why do I have to put together a team of the year?

Because you want me to? How quaint. Someone who posts under a nickname 'Knackers 2', (meaning he isn't even the original Knackers) demands I post.

Maybe once Mr Flower admits his double standards, I will put one together.

mcglede said:
How quaint. Someone who posts under a nickname 'Knackers 2', (meaning he isn't even the original Knackers) demands I post.

A compelling argument McGlede! How dare he even speak with that nasty little 2 hanging off the end of someone else's name like that?!

Way to show everyone how not to have double standards. Criticising someone else's opinion while refusing to submit your own opinion to such criticism is surely not a double standard. I'm not sure it's a standard at all.

mcglede said:
Knackers, why do I have to put together a team of the year?

Because you want me to? How quaint. Someone who posts under a nickname 'Knackers 2', (meaning he isn't even the original Knackers) demands I post.

Sorry mcglede, I didn't want to be the one to give you an anatomy lesson - but don't most males have 2 knackers? Have a chat to a parent, guidance counsellor or your local pastor for more details.

Slagging off about someone's attempt at a D3 team (especially when the author has admitted to being intentionally controversial) is a cheap shot if you aren't going to offer a better side.
mcglede hasn't got double standards - he's just hypocritical.

McGlede it is not that hard... I unfortunately couldn't find space for either of the Mahony brothers. Below is my attempt, I think personally it is a coaches dream can't see too many weaklinks across any of the lines.

B: A.Stewart (Bent) A.Stewart (Bent) A.Stewart (Bent)
HB: A.Stewart (Bent) A.Stewart (Bent) A.Stewart (Bent)
C: A.Stewart (Bent) A.Stewart (Bent) A.Stewart (Bent)
HF: A.Stewart (Bent) A.Stewart (Bent) A.Stewart (Bent)
F: A.Stewart (Bent) A.Stewart (Bent) A.Stewart (Bent)
R: A.Stewart (Bent) A.Stewart (Bent) A.Stewart (Bent)
Int: A.Stewart (Bent) A.Stewart (Bent) A.Stewart (Bent)

Capt/Coach: A. Stewart

Poiter said:
McGlede it is not that hard... I unfortunately couldn't find space for either of the Mahony brothers. Below is my attempt, I think personally it is a coaches dream can't see too many weaklinks across any of the lines.

Room for one more on the bench... Bentleigh's A.Stewart perhaps?

Poiter said:

Not such a bad team - although I would have put Thommo from UHS-VU (#53) in the back pocket, purely for versatility

Have you seen much of Paul Chalmers and a new face at OW Smith?

Chalmers started the season with a couple of best ons, but has been injured for the most part of the season, and Smith is new to the club and has only played in 3 senior games so far.

Both quality players though, and have given westbourne alot this year.

hamilton and curtin the two fat slow gnomes are doing an alright job it seems at west, considering the key players they lost.

pity neither of the two can coach, must be some good onfield leaders down there

Poiter said:

Good call Poiter. He is having a great season. Saw him a few weeks back. His footy has picked up since he stopped wearing gloves. Always gets the hard ball. Good Mrs too..

"I had quite a few critics last week and this is fine as I am happy to hear anything you have to say, be it positive, negative or indifferent and take it all on board".

Knackers (oops, Knackers_2), Mr Flower won't debate me, but perhaps you'll be so good as to ask him what has changed since Round Two?

iTap said:
Room for one more on the bench... Bentleigh's A.Stewart perhaps?

Can't find space for a Mahony?
Just ask Old Worriers today. A.Mahony B.Mahony C.Mahony.... they collectively beat the Worriers today. First one, then the other.Crowd Craig and Brian will beat you! The Worriers were shown up as a one dimensional side today. Question on their game. Tough conditions....soft side! Pretty boy football does not work on an ugly day. September football is different and providing they make it, the worriers might make good use of their style of football but first...you've got to make it!

The Bloods go on.....Kew had no answers today. Their Two's were just making up the numbers. No problem though. Just round 12. Passage to the big games later on in the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back