D3 Ammos

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will be a huge weekend this weekend.....

it is anyones....

South and bentleigh are very very well coached teams... this is the difference this year, BUT both can be beaten....

South are a good team, and it seems a bunch of blokes who are working for each other, they all know there spot and are playing together as a great team, BUT can be shut down through the winning of the ball across half back half forward.....

Bentleigh are much the same, great team and extremely well coached... they never get drawn into the contest and always have runners ready to go. they win the ball in close at the stoppages and aim to get the first handball out to runners... this normally over the top to 2-3 runner streaming forward.....

Elsterwick, well the danger team, much like old west i would say, have a great bunch of there top 10 players but the difference will be whether the second teer players can step up for finals....

West bruns... if they can get there half forwards on, and kick the goals through there mids they will be fine....

Unlucky to old west, all credit to a great season... a club who has come from nothing 4 years ago and seems to be ever building.... good luck in 2006... problem with west they have no structure and rely on there players to win the game, if they had been drilled like Bent or Souths would have been very very hard team to beat..

tigers said:
Unlucky to old west, all credit to a great season... a club who has come from nothing 4 years ago and seems to be ever building.... good luck in 2006... problem with west they have no structure and rely on there players to win the game, if they had been drilled like Bent or Souths would have been very very hard team to beat..

Ouch!

Red Gum said:
Souths over Bentleigh
WB in a bit of an upset over Wicks.

Before you all rightfully accuse me of bias let me explain:

WB Vs Elsternwick matches both went to the home side by 30 odd points. On a neutral venue they should be evenly matched and so I've tipped with my heart as a tiebreaker.

Red Gum, the margin may have been 30 points to both home teams in the 2 matches they played. BUT in the second game i notice the amount of scoring shots elsternwick had, almost 20 more. Elsternwick kicked 23 behinds that day and which in total was more than WB shots on goals with them kicking 12.9. So if not for inacurracy elsternwick should have destroyed WB. Also i do believe elsternwick have had experience of the cheltenham oval winning last years grand final there. I cannot tell you whether all their finals games were played at cheltenham, but i did happen to see them in the grand final and they were extremely impressive playing on that ground.:)

rhino49 said:
hey 'spud' first of all learn to read, its pretty obivious which club im from, second of all of course ones are the most important aspect of any club, i would rather the ones where in the finals instead of the twos, but thats the way it went this year, but even a squib like you would admit the 2's players
(not results) are vital to a successful club, but then again we cant be guns like you who are far to good to be playing with scumbag 2's players, im sure your well like at your club with that attitude.

only one club from the senior top 4 playing reserves finals this year spud, South,Bent & WB must be shatterd with there year!!!!!!!!

tigers said:
It will be a huge weekend this weekend.....

it is anyones....

South and bentleigh are very very well coached teams... this is the difference this year, BUT both can be beaten....

South are a good team, and it seems a bunch of blokes who are working for each other, they all know there spot and are playing together as a great team, BUT can be shut down through the winning of the ball across half back half forward.....

Bentleigh are much the same, great team and extremely well coached... they never get drawn into the contest and always have runners ready to go. they win the ball in close at the stoppages and aim to get the first handball out to runners... this normally over the top to 2-3 runner streaming forward.....

Elsterwick, well the danger team, much like old west i would say, have a great bunch of there top 10 players but the difference will be whether the second teer players can step up for finals....

West bruns... if they can get there half forwards on, and kick the goals through there mids they will be fine....

agreed tiger, WB game plan straight from u/10's coaching maual

knackers_2 said:
Another "Top Bloke" story from the weekend:

A player receives six cans as the the "BOG" award for the away team. Several team mates are seated with him, enjoying a frothy beverage, and watch him collect his prize then promptly leave with all six cans under his arm.
In contrast, the player who collected half a doz for the best reserves player leaves the clubrooms with a solitary can, but not through lack of trying to give it away...

Saw this on the "Top Blokes in Amateur Footy" thread. Were you BOG in the Seniors Mark Harvey?

reilly said:
So if not for inacurracy elsternwick should have destroyed WB.

And if not for scoring fewer points, conceding too many, and not winning enough games UHSVU would be flag favourites. (No disrespect to you boys; you're just an extreme example).

That sort of argument is derivative and useless.

If the dog hadn't have stopped for a p1ss it wouldn't have been hit by the car.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Red Gum said:
And if not for scoring fewer points, conceding too many, and not winning enough games UHSVU would be flag favourites. (No disrespect to you boys; you're just an extreme example).

That sort of argument is derivative and useless.

If the dog hadn't have stopped for a p1ss it wouldn't have been hit by the car.

Your not seriuos are you? clearly looks to me that elsternwick were the dominate side on the day. And im just bringing up some points, which clearly you know are very worthy points. And all you can come up with is some dripple...your clutching at straws mate.

reilly said:
Your not seriuos are you? clearly looks to me that elsternwick were the dominate side on the day. And im just bringing up some points, which clearly you know are very worthy points. And all you can come up with is some dripple...your clutching at straws mate.

I have no doubt you are trying to say something relevant here, reilly, but your horrible spelling and insipid punctuation shrouds your point with a thick cloud of confusion.

As far as WB v EW goes, both teams appear to have a considerable home ground advantage. WB took care of EW comfortably in the end the first time, while EW dominated the 3rd quarter (8.8) and won comfortably on the return leg. Agreed that EW had significantly more scoring shots in the round 13 clash than WB had in round 4:

Round 4 - WB27 scoring shots to 20 - (WB won by 37 points)
Round 13 - EW39 to 21 - (EW won by 38 points)

May this have had something to do with Elsternwick's ground being small enough to allow shots at goal from the centre square?

I can't see that happening at Cheltenham.

knackers_2 said:
I have no doubt you are trying to say something relevant here, reilly, but your horrible spelling and insipid punctuation shrouds your point with a thick cloud of confusion.

As far as WB v EW goes, both teams appear to have a considerable home ground advantage. WB took care of EW comfortably in the end the first time, while EW dominated the 3rd quarter (8.8) and won comfortably on the return leg. Agreed that EW had significantly more scoring shots in the round 13 clash than WB had in round 4:

Round 4 - WB27 scoring shots to 20 - (WB won by 37 points)
Round 13 - EW39 to 21 - (EW won by 38 points)

May this have had something to do with Elsternwick's ground being small enough to allow shots at goal from the centre square?

I can't see that happening at Cheltenham.

Sorry, forgot i was writing an english exam here.

Didn't Elsternwick win the D4 GF at Cheltenham last year? Wouldn't seem that the ground holds any fears for them, rather the opposite in fact.

1 Sth Melb and 1 Bentleigh player suspended at tribunal last night.

Ratfink said:
1 Sth Melb and 1 Bentleigh player suspended at tribunal last night.

Any idea who? or for how long? The tribunal have been known to go a little bit troppo coming into the business end of the season.

knackers_2 said:
Any idea who? or for how long? The tribunal have been known to go a little bit troppo coming into the business end of the season.

Wade D'Andrea, South Melbourne Districts. Headbutting, 4 matches.
Wade D'Andrea, South Melbourne Districts. Misconduct, 4 matches.

Charles McFadden, Bentleigh. Striking, 2 matches.

Some people just seem determined not to play finals...

Tigernuts

The Tigers Nuts said:

Tigernuts

The big question is: will Bentleigh throw the first final to let McFadden play in the GF?

The Tigers Nuts said:

Tigernuts

8 weeks?? Must have been serious, does anyone know what the misconduct charge was for??

knackers_2 said:
The big question is: will Bentleigh throw the first final to let McFadden play in the GF?

I do not think so! There is more to a team than one player. A player i have never heard of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back