D4 D4 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oz you guys are lucky to have Lucas down there, he is easily the best one I've played under regularly. Always fair, struggling to think of a decision in 6 years that I have thought showed any bias. Even managed to do the first quarter by himself on Saturday with not much problem!

U know what, i cant understand what every1's problem with boyce is. Every game he umpires, he umpires fairly, and even though im from uni high, i cant remember the last time he has made an unfair call to swing our way, or even 1 that wasnt there. It frustrates me that we get no leeway from him, (i mean, if he was like every other teams ump, he would be throwing stupid free kicks at us week in week out) Seriously, every time a team comes to our ground, they SOOK like no tomorrow cos they didnt handpass b4 getting tackled, tried to take 1 of our heads off in a tackle, two handed shoves in the back or ate a newborn child on the field.

The frees go both ways, so to all the 2's teams that wanna sook about boyce, dont sook, just get better and then maybe a free kick against or for u wont be so influencial on the game.:thumbsdown:

Take off the rose coloured glasses & throw them in the bin. They don't suit you.

Oz you guys are lucky to have Lucas down there, he is easily the best one I've played under regularly. Always fair, struggling to think of a decision in 6 years that I have thought showed any bias. Even managed to do the first quarter by himself on Saturday with not much problem!

NB are extremely lucky to have Lucas. Apart from Graham at Eltham he is the best umpire in the ressies. The only criticism that I would ever have about Lucas is that he sometimes umpires like he hasn't played the game.

I don't write on here much but always read through and who cares about umpire talk same stuff every year very boring!
Some weeks there bad some weeks there ok, Gees even the AFL umps are terrible and they get paid. These D4 umps provide a valuable service so we can run around every week playing the game we love so much.

I'll give this tipping a go:
NB vs SM NB to bounce back by 10 points
STHO vs BHN BHN to strong by 5 goals
BCobras vs STFX STFX by 5 goals
RC vs AP RC by 8 goals
WB vs Kew WB by 5 goals
EP vs MTL Eley park by 3 points

Bulleen guys, was Sth Mornington's ground really that bad last week? We are having issues with our home ground at the minute - but some comments have made me think we shouldn't be looking to swap home games with them for this week.

Ozza, swapping one drought ridden shet heap for another is a pointless exercise.

You can make your own mind up, but concensus with the Bulleen boys is that we have never seen a ground in worse shape. Should have taken a few more photos of the middle but dont let the areas of grass fool you.

http://www.sportingpulse.com/club_info.cgi?c=1-3232-36822-0-08sID=41424/&sID=41430

Also, having never been to Sth Morn before I wasn't prepared for the filled in rabbit holes and uneven (ankle breaking) surface.

Ozza, swapping one drought ridden shet heap for another is a pointless exercise.

You can make your own mind up, but concensus with the Bulleen boys is that we have never seen a ground in worse shape. Should have taken a few more photos of the middle but dont let the areas of grass fool you.

http://www.sportingpulse.com/club_info.cgi?c=1-3232-36822-0-08sID=41424/&sID=41430

Also, having never been to Sth Morn before I wasn't prepared for the filled in rabbit holes and uneven (ankle breaking) surface.

Was there actually grass this year? Last yr it was exclusively sand.. Honest from the photos, it looks as though its improved!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Obviously taken b4 the FOG rolled in. Still no idea what happened in the last quarter. We could here voices but only saw the ball when it came within 30 metres.
Ahhhh, country footy venues. You guys have no idea how good you have it.
Back in the 70s played on mud (stank) and ice as it sleeted on a force 10 gale all day up at Bright. Had a broken nose from the week before at Chiltern (bloody Lappin bros) and when you get to hit the shower what a pleasent surprise. One shower worked out of the two. Had not seen soap anywhere in the vicinity for several decades. The louvered windows had no glass. This was fortunatate as it allowed a lovely view of Mt Buffalo. So as you stood under the cold shower trickle (never got hot water away in those days) and attempted to get enough black mud off your blue skin, to be able to put your wranglers back on, you could look out and see the wind whistling down the snow covered mountain straight in on your already frostbitten gonads.
How we ever got them operational again intime for the Saturday night disco is a miracle to me.

Sth Mornington looked like a palace to me.

Did I tell you about how we used to walk to school 6 miles over snake infested mud pits in bare feet?
Well..........

Moderators note: Old timer BS alert has been triggered and thankfully terminated the remainder of this post.

Obviously taken b4 the FOG rolled in. Still no idea what happened in the last quarter. We could here voices but only saw the ball when it came within 30 metres.
Back in the 70s played on mud (stank) and ice as it sleeted on a force 10 gale all day up at Bright. Had a broken nose from the week before at Chiltern (bloody Lappin bros) and when you get to hit the shower what a pleasent surprise. One shower worked out of the two. Had not seen soap anywhere in the vicinity for several decades. The louvered windows had no glass. This was fortunatate as it allowed a lovely view of Mt Buffalo. So as you stood under the cold shower trickle (never got hot water away in those days) and attempted to get enough black mud off your blue skin, to be able to put your wranglers back on, you could look out and see the wind whistling down the snow covered mountain straight in on your already frostbitten gonads.
How we ever got them operational again intime for the Saturday night disco is a miracle to me.

Did I tell you about how we used to walk to school 6 miles over snake infested mud pits in bare feet?
Well..........

Moderators note: Old timer BS alert has been triggered and thankfully terminated the remainder of this post.

Only Sleet Spy? I recall playing an under 14's match in full on Snow at Tumbarumba.

I must say South Mornington has the 2nd worst change rooms I have ever seen. Small, dirty, moldy, showers are unusable. I felt like a troll emerging from a cave when I came out to play.

Photo DSC_0046 is one of the best action shots I've seen! Three players all running towards different compass points - has the mulberry bush been photoshopped out of the middle of them?

Only Sleet Spy? I recall playing an under 14's match in full on Snow at Tumbarumba.

I must say South Mornington has the 2nd worst change rooms I have ever seen. Small, dirty, moldy, showers are unusable. I felt like a troll emerging from a cave when I came out to play.

Well when i was a kid back in serbia we had to play soccer with unpinned handgrenades on a live minefield with the tatooine sand people shooting at us.. Oh Ben Kenobi.. how we could have used u..

Obviously you are king Sh.t!!!! Look Moron up in the dictionary. The description = collingwood supporter!! Sorry Camo!!

You sound like an ordinary footballer. And No I do not make mistakes......................

Wow you must be so smart. I label myself and ordinary footballer and you respond by stating that I sound like and ordinary footballer. Pure genius

U know what, i cant understand what every1's problem with boyce is. Every game he umpires, he umpires fairly, and even though im from uni high, i cant remember the last time he has made an unfair call to swing our way, or even 1 that wasnt there. It frustrates me that we get no leeway from him, (i mean, if he was like every other teams ump, he would be throwing stupid free kicks at us week in week out) Seriously, every time a team comes to our ground, they SOOK like no tomorrow cos they didnt handpass b4 getting tackled, tried to take 1 of our heads off in a tackle, two handed shoves in the back or ate a newborn child on the field.

The frees go both ways, so to all the 2's teams that wanna sook about boyce, dont sook, just get better and then maybe a free kick against or for u wont be so influencial on the game.:thumbsdown:

Sorry fellas but I feel the need to answer the initial question.

I don't like boycey because he is the biggest prick I ever met in by 10 years in the ammos. I was umpiring my first game which I advised him of and I was pretty nervous. Rather than help me out(as every other ump did that year) he hung me out to dry. I was extremely consious of making sure I was very fair and I made one mistake that went against your mob and he ran the length of the ground to overule and abused the crap out of me. I could have done that to him all day long but I excepted that as a d4 ump he would have made mistakes. He was an a$$hole before the game and A$$hole during it and after it. There are only 2 people in the ammos who I remember not liking one was jacko from hawthorn and the other is Tony Boyce. This seems to be a fairly universal opinion from most people I spoke to from opposition clubs. People just do not have such and over whelming dislike of people unless it is founded. I did not have any issues with anyone else from your club, they seemed like a pretty good bunch of blokes when I played, although I did sh!t myself one day when the big fella farrelly lined me up and just missed, but thats footy....

Sorry nads. A no show, just knocking off at work.
Standing out like dogs balls:
Top 3:
WB
SFX
KEW
FINALS CONTENDERS:
RC

AP
MT L?
MID-TANGE
BH
EP
WAY OFF THE PACE - REBUILDING
SM
NB
BC
SYN

This week: NB v Sm ?? NB by 11 pts at home - Syn down to BH by 7 goals - SFX too strong for BC by 8 goals, Centrals by 1 pt over Falcons, WB by 6 goals over Kew and Mt L, who need to get a wriggle on shortly by 4 goals over Sharkers.

Well..........

Hey Spy1...can empathise with your comments. these young'uns dont know what doing it tough is. Gravel rash pre-season and frost bite mid winter. Not to mention Lappin boys who if they didn't kill you would kick 10 goals from CHB.

Where did you play in O & K. I am ex-milawa....

Could we get back to the serious footy issues;
As a newby to D4 I have heard a very strong rumour that the canteen ladies at Eley Park are really something,should I buy a pie or not?:confused:

Sorry fellas but I feel the need to answer the initial question.

I don't like boycey because he is the biggest prick I ever met in by 10 years in the ammos. I was umpiring my first game which I advised him of and I was pretty nervous. Rather than help me out(as every other ump did that year) he hung me out to dry. I was extremely consious of making sure I was very fair and I made one mistake that went against your mob and he ran the length of the ground to overule and abused the crap out of me. I could have done that to him all day long but I excepted that as a d4 ump he would have made mistakes. He was an a$$hole before the game and A$$hole during it and after it. There are only 2 people in the ammos who I remember not liking one was jacko from hawthorn and the other is Tony Boyce. This seems to be a fairly universal opinion from most people I spoke to from opposition clubs. People just do not have such and over whelming dislike of people unless it is founded. I did not have any issues with anyone else from your club, they seemed like a pretty good bunch of blokes when I played, although I did sh!t myself one day when the big fella farrelly lined me up and just missed, but thats footy....

Agree. But basically just a cheat. A pathetic cheat..........

(Sorry, couldn't help myself!!)

As for Lucas from Nth Brunny......wish we had him every week. You guys are bloody lucky...So are we I guess with Brian and Waz. Both fair blokes like most of the D4 ressie umps. If they aren't fair, they just aren't experienced...but at least they have a crack which allows us to play our game. Thank god for them.

Thought the ressies ump from Eley park seemed a bit green, but did his best. Copped a few sprays and was right onto it. will be good come mid season. Go easy on him so he doesn't give it up.

As I said, most of the umps are great blokes who cop a hammering for doing the right thing. Occasionally you get a blatant cheat......but he is in D3 now. R.I.P.

Agree. But basically just a cheat. A pathetic cheat..........

(Sorry, couldn't help myself!!)

As for Lucas from Nth Brunny......wish we had him every week. You guys are bloody lucky...So are we I guess with Brian and Waz. Both fair blokes like most of the D4 ressie umps. If they aren't fair, they just aren't experienced...but at least they have a crack which allows us to play our game. Thank god for them.

Thought the ressies ump from Eley park seemed a bit green, but did his best. Copped a few sprays and was right onto it. will be good come mid season. Go easy on him so he doesn't give it up.

As I said, most of the umps are great blokes who cop a hammering for doing the right thing. Occasionally you get a blatant cheat......but he is in D3 now. R.I.P.

FWIW the last time Boycey umpired against us (2006) he was very impartial and if anything seemed to go against his own mob more often than not.

After being such a blatant cheat for so long I think he is on a pretty short leash now and knows that if he is perceived to be cheating he will be banned from field umpiring again.

Nikko - if you've only been at UH for a couple of seasons that's why you probably can't understand all this backlash against Boycey.

Also, agree completely re the NB umpire. Haven't played against them for a few years now but he was a cut above the rest. The only other field umpires better than him were the higher graders coming down on rotation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back