D4 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
ture have a look at the EDFL each a grade side has at least one or two ex afl players and some of the budgets in the EDFL are on the north side of $350,000 K

Why do supporters of other leagues feel it necessary to come on to these boards and bag the Ammos. I just don't get it. If you feel you have a superior league, then fine you are entitled to your opinion but voice that opinion on your own boards.
Money doesn't buy you culture and it certainly doesn't buy you a respect.

Why do supporters of other leagues feel it necessary to come on to these boards and bag the Ammos. I just don't get it. If you feel you have a superior league, then fine you are entitled to your opinion but voice that opinion on your own boards.
Money doesn't buy you culture and it certainly doesn't buy you a respect.

Money doesnt buy culture true. But culture doesnt win you flags either. Though culture is very important to each and every club but these days it seems that clubs buy the flag correct me if im wrong and that means its not a level playing field if one club has more money to throw around. I think the vafa is good in that aspect but money has taken over local footy and the players getting lured to other leauges cause of this

A grade Ammo club would be competitive with any of the top leagues going around.You only need to look at the rep games.They beat EFL last year and they play against a country rep side made up of the best players from country Victoria.
Back to the SFL, Division 1 southern sides would struggle to be competitive in C grade Ammos and that's a fact.
A grade Ammo clubs would be competitive with any of the top leagues going around.You only need to look at the rep games.They beat EFL last year and they play against a country rep side made up of the best players from country Victoria.
Back to the SFL, Division 1 southern sides would struggle be competitive in C grade Ammos and that's a fact.

The a grade Vafa would beat sfl divy one I dont doubt that but If you compare it to EFL and country its a totally different standard of footy. If you go to the games and watch you would see the differences.

Sorry WestCoast but when you come on a VAFA board (any grade) and make statments like "So vafa has to be the worst leauge by far cause of the non player payment. Its a FACT" and suggest that VAFA clubs are paying players, you immediatly loose any credibility you had.

The VAFA is proud of it's standard of football and history of playing 'for the love of the game' not $$$.

as Laguana said, when the opportunity presents itself to measure cometitions through Rep-footy and/or recent Champion club challenges between metro leagues, I think you'll find VAFA side measure up just fine.

Perhaps your just a little bitter that a team that recently won your SFL division 3 isn't finding life as eay in the VAFA. With that being said the Dragons are a quality young club wich I beleve have found the right model and competition to achieve sustainable growth as a club.

p.s. anyone from the Dragons want to comment on how Zemlenski's hammys are holding up? I imagine a player of his size and strength is vital to your structures.

These are the last 6 games played by the VAFA.

2012 VAFA def AFL SYDNEY 15-18-108 to 8-13-61
2012 VAFA def EFL. 11-16-82 to 10-10-70
2011 VAFA def VCFL. 13-14-92 to 13-8-86
2010 VAFA def AFL SYDNEY. 20-11-131 to 7-9-51
2009 VAFA lost VCFL. 15-16-106 to 17-8-110
2009 VAFA def EFL. 13-4-92 to 12-14-86

Funny you give the stats for all the a n b grade what about the lower grade.

i have been involved with the ammos d4 /d3/d2 and a suburban leauge d3/d2 and the ammos would win most games on run alone as they are fitter and have the game plan around this . the area where the suburban teams will win is the physical area as they seem to have bigger bodies. as for paying players there has been rumours of this for years especilly in the premier divisions it might not be direct money payments but there would be scholaships to to schools and work and jobs given to tradies and it would be pretty silly to think it does not happen

Clubs field different teams year to year, so it is hard comparing leagues. I can only comment (overall) on SFL D3/2 and now VAFA D4, and from what I've seen, there is a much more fluid brand of footy even in the lower leagues of SFL, but I've noticed far greater accountability / hunger / emphasis on 1 percenters from the VAFA teams. Once again, that can be probably explained by the "Money vs Playing for your Jumper" argument.

Also, what a convenient time for a certain few to come on and bag the Dragons. Obviously the club is disappointed with the results of the past fortnight, but it's a long year, so let's reconvene after the Finals hey. As a club, we hate the word “excuses”, but when your two leading goalkickers (one of whom had his neck broken by a particular hack) are on the sidelines and your top 6 are out or playing through injuries, you're bound to struggle. Yes, I know every club is hit with injuries, but all I’m going to say is that at our best, I’d like to think we're not "middle of the road”, Cosmo!

Hope everyone has a decent break. Bring on the second half of the season.

Clubs field different teams year to year, so it is hard comparing leagues. I can only comment (overall) on SFL D3/2 and now VAFA D4, and from what I've seen, there is a much more fluid brand of footy even in the lower leagues of SFL, but I've noticed far greater accountability / hunger / emphasis on 1 percenters from the VAFA teams. Once again, that can be probably explained by the "Money vs Playing for your Jumper" argument.

Also, what a convenient time for a certain few to come on and bag the Dragons. Obviously the club is disappointed with the results of the past fortnight, but it's a long year, so let's reconvene after the Finals hey. As a club, we hate the word “excuses”, but when your two leading goalkickers (one of whom had his neck broken by a particular hack) are on the sidelines and your top 6 are out or playing through injuries, you're bound to struggle. Yes, I know every club is hit with injuries, but all I’m going to say is that at our best, I’d like to think we're not "middle of the road”, Cosmo!

Hope everyone has a decent break. Bring on the second half of the season.

Who 'broke' there back Sainterrr? How long will he be out for? All clubs have injuries too, and we are coming into the wet cold months of the year where sides can really drop off in numbers through injuries and lack of motivation so there could be some upsets!

There will never be a winner in the ours verses theres league debate either, but all teams in all leagues have some decent players, and I am sure the good SFL sides would be good in the comparable VAFA level (and Vice Versa), but unless you are playing them each week or year we will never know who is the top dog.

Who 'broke' there back Sainterrr? How long will he be out for? All clubs have injuries too, and we are coming into the wet cold months of the year where sides can really drop off in numbers through injuries and lack of motivation so there could be some upsets!

There will never be a winner in the ours verses theres league debate either, but all teams in all leagues have some decent players, and I am sure the good SFL sides would be good in the comparable VAFA level (and Vice Versa), but unless you are playing them each week or year we will never know who is the top dog.

Our key forward had his neck (not back) broken last month. He'll be out indefinitely. Not going to rubbish the player or club on this forum, but we'll deal with them accordingly.

And yes, there are guns and hacks in every comp. No point for trolls / idiots to come in and rubbish other leagues & what not; who are they kidding.

Our key forward had his neck (not back) broken last month. He'll be out indefinitely. Not going to rubbish the player or club on this forum, but we'll deal with them accordingly.

And yes, there are guns and hacks in every comp. No point for trolls / idiots to come in and rubbish other leagues & what not; who are they kidding.

"we will deal with them accordingly?"
Can that be interpreted as a threat?

And to call the player in question a "hack" is actually rubbishing them.

I don't think he's calling the player that was involved in the incident a hack,I'm pretty sure he's referring to the debate about what comps better.

. As a club, we hate the word “excuses”, but when your two leading goalkickers (one of whom had his neck broken by a particular hack) are on the sidelines and your top 6 are out or playing through injuries, you're bound to struggle. Yes, I know every club is hit with injuries,

. As a club, we hate the word “excuses”, but when your two leading goalkickers (one of whom had his neck broken by a particular hack) are on the sidelines and your top 6 are out or playing through injuries, you're bound to struggle. Yes, I know every club is hit with injuries,

Apologies mate, should have used a different adjective. Replace 'hack' with 'cretin' then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For a club that hates excuses, you guys don't mind throwing them around.
We are not making excuses, BUT........classic way to start an excuse laden post.....

For a club that hates excuses, you guys don't mind throwing them around.
We are not making excuses, BUT........classic way to start an excuse laden post.....

There's a distinction between a dodgy and a solid excuse. I'm pretty sure neither JP or myself have thrown around any dodgy excuses? Also, not as if I chose to offer any explanations / "excuses" out of the blue. If my footy club is being targeted or ridiculed on a public forum, then I'll speak up. You get the drift. Let's move on.

There's a distinction between a dodgy and a solid excuse. I'm pretty sure neither JP or myself have thrown around any dodgy excuses? Also, not as if I chose to offer any explanations / "excuses" out of the blue. If my footy club is being targeted or ridiculed on a public forum, then I'll speak up. You get the drift. Let's move on.

My point was slightly tongue in cheek as everyone says we are not making excuses but then goes on about them.
Mate, reasons (not excuses) are real but eveyone chooses to hide from them or complain about them. Its like its a mortal sin to give reasons (not excuses) why you are not performing.
I think you guys are well entitled to say that you are struggling at the minute for a number of reasons and having your two best forwards out is a good reason. Saying your onballers are playing injured is an excuse as its bad player management in my opinion. They are either fit to play or they are not.
There is a difference between understanding where you are at and the reasons for it, than whinging about those reasons and saying we would have beat you if so and so were playing - thats where reasons turn into excuses. (Not saying you are doing this either)

Enjoying the banter about the standard of footy. As an avid watcher of Div 1 & Div 2 in the EFL I can tell you that Div 1 between the good sides in the EFL is a great standard of footy. Div 2 in the EFL is a world away in standard. Div 3 and Div 4 in the EFL are Ok standard but not fantastic and there are lots of blokes who get paid to play there that would by reserves players in the top VAFA grades.

My reason to come on was to talk about a fat bloke I saw playing reserves at Hawthorn Ammos against Mount Lilydale. Funny sight white headband and all, kicked a bag and boy does he love a celebration I reckon he must have been able to play when was skinnier.

Either way it sounds as though he will need to have eyes in the back of his head next time he plays against the Dragons.

I have heard that a player from the team that played the Dragons last week was involved in an off the ball (and behind the back) incident against Chadstone that resulted in an Ambulance being called.

These cretins must be wiped out from the game.

I have heard that a player from the team that played the Dragons last week was involved in an off the ball (and behind the back) incident against Chadstone that resulted in an Ambulance being called.

These cretins must be wiped out from the game.

Absolutely. Off the ball incidents should be a relic of the past but sadly there will always be dickheads playing, especially at the lower levels.

I don't think the Triad need to get involved though.

Tips for the weekend.
Manningham v Dragons
Box Hill North v Eley Park
Mt Lilydale v Point Cook
West Brunswick v North Brunswick
Hawthorn v Chadstone
Could be some low scores if this weather keeps up!

A couple of games that could easily go either way doen't give me confidence in the selections.

Manningham vs Dragons
Box Hill North vs Eley Park Sharks
Mt Lilydale vs Point Cook
West Brunswick vs North Brunswick
Hawthorn vs Chadstone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back